zombux

Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection of available info (?)

1 minute ago, zombux said:

yep, I also noticed that the intro guitar riff is very similar to the Boston/Albany 2002 radio promo - not the very first opening riff but the second one which repeats a few seconds after the first one. very very similar riff - maybe just unprocessed (?)

too bad we have zero footage from the two december 01 Vegas shows, it would be interesting to see the progress... oh well.

Yeah, that sucks. I would love to hear if OMG and Silkworms were any different too. 

I didnt compare back to back the radio promo and the leak. But didnt the radio promo snippet only used the second riff anyways?

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah, that sucks. I would love to hear if OMG and Silkworms were any different too. 

I didnt compare back to back the radio promo and the leak. But didnt the radio promo snippet only used the second riff anyways?

it sounds like that, yes. after the riff the song goes right on so it might be the second one. or anything else frankensteined from multiple pieces. who knows?

• Like 1

OK so I slowly (very slowly) started the update work on the sheet. I'm still not sure if I should keep IRS by Razz - the track seems to be identical to the Rough Mixes 3 one, but still I kinda feel like I should keep it together with other Razz files... 

massive thanks to @username for his sort-out job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good stuff - when will it be available (realise it's a big task)!?

15 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Good stuff - when will it be available (realise it's a big task)!?

the google docs sheet linked somewhere above is always the "live" last version, the table in first post of this topic is updated regularly (OK, it's out of date at the moment LOL)

I'm still puzzled about how to integrate the old Razz leaks and Catcher. on one hand, IRS seems to be the exact same take as the one at Rough Mixes 3, also Checkmate leak seems to be the same as Hardschool at Rough Mixes 3. 

on the other hand, TWAT and Catcher are somewhat different and both noticeably lack one background guitar line, which might make them more "primitive" or just older.

on another hand, if we check Rough Mixes (160) disc, the TWAT there again doesn't include that additional guitar line, so that one might just have been used and not used as neccessary.

and on even another hand, I think both Razz leaks, old Catcher, March tracks from Rough Mixes and also some later tracks are old Beavan mixes taken as they were (proof? just check the TWAT "Old Beavan Mix" which is exactly the same as TWAT from Rough Mixes 1, which has October 2000 mixing date - weird as hell), and only some newly added Buckethead-influenced tracks are RTB job, plus the stuff from October seems to be newly mixed by RTB (as noted by those Ver.1 etc. notes) - those seem to be the first mixes at Village to me, as I understand the timeline as they only moved to Village sometime in September or October.

either way, what a fucking mess.

Edited by zombux
  • Like 2