Jump to content
Gibson_Guy87

Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Recommended Posts

SDE2GGL9WF

This is a pre-sale code for a show in Germany, the UK or France.

Please say if you claimed the code so others know it has been redeemed ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

You have to order it via slashonline, not on the general TM page

just twigged that

thank you for the info all done

london & amsterdam rnfnr !!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BadApples99 said:

SDE2GGL9WF

This is a pre-sale code for a show in Germany, the UK or France.

Please say if you claimed the code so others know it has been redeemed ;)

Used it for the Offenbach show, thank you very much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

I thought you said you heard the album already? 

I have =still cant wait to hear it again -I dont have a copy man, All I did was listen to it , no big deal , its great just like ive always said =and I have always said in my posts CALL OF THE WILD was my favorite , I wanan listen again because I liked all of them 

Edited by TMAC20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE RIFF for call of the wild sounds like something ive heard on the NITLT  TOUR- Cant place yet -but heard some of the that  chord progression before on the tour -maybe Loose Rocket Queen Jam before the song kicks in maybe not, somewhere heard this riff on the tour somewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on this forum said that slash said he'd release a third song before the album comes out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

Where did you hear that? 

 

6 hours ago, jack225 said:

Someone on this forum said that slash said he'd release a third song before the album comes out. 

In one of the interviews Slash said that they might release another single before the album is out but maybe they decided not to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jack225 said:

Someone on this forum said that slash said he'd release a third song before the album comes out. 

So why would it be today? And not tommorow or any of the other days of the week until it comes out?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

So why would it be today? And not tommorow or any of the other days of the week until it comes out?

New singles and stuff are usually released on Fridays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

New singles and stuff are usually released on Fridays.

Oh didn't know this. It's either gonna be The Call Of The Wild or My Antidote then considering those are the other 2 songs they're playing right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Oh didn't know this. It's either gonna be The Call Of The Wild or My Antidote then considering those are the other 2 songs they're playing right now

Well next Friday is when the album is released so maybe they won't have another single, unless it's out early next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

THE RIFF for call of the wild sounds like something ive heard on the NITLT  TOUR- Cant place yet -but heard some of the that  chord progression before on the tour -maybe Loose Rocket Queen Jam before the song kicks in maybe not, somewhere heard this riff on the tour somewhere 

This was released DURING the NITLT Tour, maybe that's where you heard it? :D 

 

And from what I've seen thus far, My Antidote and Serve You Right are my favorites, even though I love chorus in Driving Rain and Slash zztopin' in MYM solo :P And what's great about this album is that you can distinguish with no problems which songs were written during SMKC tour in 2015 and which one came out when Slash was already back in GNR.

- Driving Rain and Call of The Wild are obviously similar to World On Fire; riffage, tempo, everything

- Mind Your Manners (kinda SOYL), Serve You Right (freakin' Snakepit vibe!) and My Antidote (YCBM) were definitely written after GNR reunited.

 

@TMAC20

You can also check this topic, maybe you'll find your answer: 

 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2018 at 9:50 AM, Ralphelmo said:

 

This was released DURING the NITLT Tour, maybe that's where you heard it? :D 

 

And from what I've seen thus far, My Antidote and Serve You Right are my favorites, even though I love chorus in Driving Rain and Slash zztopin' in MYM solo :P And what's great about this album is that you can distinguish with no problems which songs were written during SMKC tour in 2015 and which one came out when Slash was already back in GNR.

- Driving Rain and Call of The Wild are obviously similar to World On Fire; riffage, tempo, everything

- Mind Your Manners (kinda SOYL), Serve You Right (freakin' Snakepit vibe!) and My Antidote (YCBM) were definitely written after GNR reunited.

 

@TMAC20

You can also check this topic, maybe you'll find your answer: 

 

Were did you hear My Antidote? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I was worried after driving rain but really excited now! Call of the Wild, Serves you right and this are a lot better. 

Really good rock songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You shouldn't be, Driving Rain was an obvious choice for radio, actually it's in Billboard's TOP10 rock chart now. Worked well I guess :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on board for My Antidote. That was a very solid SMKC song

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck you guys making me listen to it. Definite nasty Aint Life Grand Snakepit vibes for My Antidote. Maybe some AFD (My Michelle/Out Ta Get Me) in there too. And some Ab III/Fortress Alter Bridge? Dare I say it they kinda found their own sound on this song, having all that rolled into one? Can't fucking wait for friday. Man I knew the album tracks would be so much better than the singles

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a user on the Alter Bridge forum suggested this album is already in stores in Michigan: 

"So it may or may not already be on shelves here in West Michigan...."

Anyone in West Michigan able to check that out for us? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

So a user on the Alter Bridge forum suggested this album is already in stores in Michigan: 

"So it may or may not already be on shelves here in West Michigan...."

Anyone in West Michigan able to check that out for us? 

I live in East Michigan. Flying in from Philly today but way too lazy to go searching for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×