Duff interview: New music is a logical thing- No beef with Izzy

1 minute ago, username said:

*band members say new music makes sense*

*Nothing official*

*Silence from Axl and management* 

*repeat* 

It's like 1998-2015 except October/November 2008 all over again. 

Fernando also said something was happening behind the scenes, if i recall correctly.

I think it's a safe assumption that they are collating ideas and working towards something. Perhaps they aren't recording yet, but something is likely in the works.

• Like 1

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

Fernando also said something was happening behind the scenes, if i recall correctly.

Yeah, but now let's look at Fernando's history. What you describe is the exact bullshit he's spewed since day 1. It's never official and it's always an empty and vague promise that will lead to absolutely nothing. He'll soon tweet that he's in a three....no! FOUR hour meeting!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"This makeup of this band is what it's supposed to be now and it's really good, it feels good, and it's the right mixture of people."

So we finally get some statement on the post-NITL band. Izzy/Steven will probably never be involved with the band again and we're stuck with the current lineup. Brilliant.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, RONIN said:

"This makeup of this band is what it's supposed to be now and it's really good, it feels good, and it's the right mixture of people."

So we finally get some statement on the post-NITL band. Izzy/Steven will probably never be involved with the band again and we're stuck with the current lineup. Brilliant.

There's still the hope of Izzy being on future albums in some way. He just won't be there live for the most part

24 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Thanks god.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, username said:

Yeah, but now let's look at Fernando's history. What you describe is the exact bullshit he's spewed since day 1. It's never official and it's always an empty and vague promise that will lead to absolutely nothing. He'll soon tweet that he's in a three....no! FOUR hour meeting!  

I’m still waiting for that damn toy tour truck! He promised! But instead he left us hanging and we got GNAIR.

Not cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, D.Z.I. said:

I don’t know why people insist on the idea of Izzy writing songs with GNR and not being a full time member of the band. That doesn’t make sense... it makes even less sense after how the NITL negotiations for Izzy’s involvement didn’t work out.

Izzy was supposedly writting with the band after the Illusions tour, songs someone (I think Slash did) described as the best Guns N Roses album.

Everything ever pointed to Izzy wanting to be involved with the band but not with touring, as he doesnt seem to be very found of it (a month to recover from a week of touring). So, I dont think it is a impossible scenario.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

What does Izzy want? If only somebody could get a hold of him and ask him that...

Does he want to be a full-time member? A part-time member? A collaborator? A studio drop-by? Does he want the original five and nothing else? 

We still don't know his terms or his intentions, which makes the whole thing very nebulous and frustrating. All we know is that he isn't there, that he isn't there by choice and at one point he wanted equal salaries. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, D.Z.I. said:

I don’t know why people insist on the idea of Izzy writing songs with GNR and not being a full time member of the band. That doesn’t make sense... it makes even less sense after how the NITL negotiations for Izzy’s involvement didn’t work out.

I think the only reason they are being corteous in the press about Izzy is because they don’t want to burn that bridge in case they decide to do another reunion cash grab in 10 years.

Second guessing how this band operate, that is with a complete lack of logic. Apparently Rose wanted Slash to play on two-three songs on Chinese for instance! Another example would be Rose's ''we haven't decided whether we want to write with Gilby'', or even sporadic people who may/may not have been bandmembers (nobody is the wiser?) such as Zakk Wylde and Navarro.  

It is their modus operandi, a fluctuating vague animal.

The idea of a fixed live band, who also so happen to be the same individuals who write and record, is anathema.

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 minutes ago, default_ said:

Izzy was supposedly writting with the band after the Illusions tour, songs someone (I think Slash did) described as the best Guns N Roses album.

Izzy wrote a few songs with Duff in 1995.

I think Slash said it for the songs they wrote with Izzy for Velvet Revolver though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Another example would be Rose's ''we haven't decided whether we want to write with Gilby'',

I don't see any lack of logic in this. They had to find someone for the tour at short notice, but that didn't mean that they wanted to write with him (Axl actually had decided; he didn't want to).

• Like 2