Jump to content
Kasanova King

Once Upon a Time in Holllywood - New Film by Quentin Tarantino, July 2019

Recommended Posts

On 12/23/2019 at 9:33 AM, TheSeeker said:

Movie was good, but I didn't know much about Manson and the Tate murder going into it and had to do a bunch of googling after

Yeah, I wish Quentin's version was true.

9 hours ago, wasted said:

Imagine googling the Manson family after the movie to find out they killed Rick and Cliff in real life. 

Those were fictional characters. lol

12 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It’s not the first time Tarantino has done a revisionist history film. Hitler didn’t get his face filled with bullets and then blown up in a cinema, yet Inglorious Basterds still exists. 

Yeah, wish that ending was true too. The war would have been over sooner and maybe more people would have survived.  I love how Quentin changes things to suit his movies. That's was so cool about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 5:04 AM, DieselDaisy said:

The film utterly stinks and Tarantino's career is over. He should be ashamed of himself for producing such a dreadful film. 

Quentin has said he's doing one more movie and that's it. He always wanted to do ten movies and he has one more to go. Wonder what he'll do next?

I really want another Kill Bill with the kids grown up and seeing what they will do? I think Quentin said he would do that one day. Hope he does.

There's more story to tell with the kids grown up and continuing their revenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Quentin has said he's doing one more movie and that's it. He always wanted to do ten movies and he has one more to go. Wonder what he'll do next?

I really want another Kill Bill with the kids grown up and seeing what they will do? I think Quentin said he would do that one day. Hope he does.

There's more story to tell with the kids grown up and continuing their revenge.

I would be surprised if he stayed true to retiring after making 10 films.  I've heard stuff like that many times in different genres.  For example, Larry Bird said early on in his career that he was going to retire after 5 seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Quentin has said he's doing one more movie and that's it. He always wanted to do ten movies and he has one more to go. Wonder what he'll do next?

I really want another Kill Bill with the kids grown up and seeing what they will do? I think Quentin said he would do that one day. Hope he does.

There's more story to tell with the kids grown up and continuing their revenge.

Well I didn't care for the film but I was thinking of Jeff Hunter's career the other day and how it rather echos the type of actors being satirized here, albeit with the caveat that Hunter does seem to have had bigger Hollywood roles at the beginning of his career, The Searchers, King of Kings, which elevates his career above somebody like a Ty Hardin. Hunter began as a leading men at Fox, adventures and westerns; after a career lull (including the indignity of playing Indian chiefs!) Ford revived his career by casting him in three films including the aforementioned The Searchers, before Hunter produced his most memorable role as Jesus in King of Kings. It went downhill from that point on (although that is a matter of perspective), ending up in an ill-fated television western, Temple Houston (NBC, 1963-4), and captaining the USS Enterprise in the Star Trek pilot before making b-movies in Europe and elsewhere, spaghetti and sauerkraut westerns, etc. - he even made some film in Hong Kong which is now deemed ''lost''. 

Further, he had the square-jawed good looks and suitable macho sounding name.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I didn't care for the film but I was thinking of Jeff Hunter's career the other day and how it rather echos the type of actors being satirized here, albeit with the caveat that Hunter does seem to have had bigger Hollywood roles at the beginning of his career, The Searchers, King of Kings, which elevates his career above somebody like a Ty Hardin. Hunter began as a leading men at Fox, adventures and westerns; after a career lull (including the indignity of playing Indian chiefs!) Ford revived his career by casting him in three films including the aforementioned The Searchers, before Hunter produced his most memorable role as Jesus in King of Kings. It went downhill from that point on (although that is a matter of perspective), ending up in an ill-fated television western, Temple Houston (NBC, 1963-4), and captaining the USS Enterprise in the Star Trek pilot before making b-movies in Europe and elsewhere, spaghetti and sauerkraut westerns, etc. - he even made some film in Hong Kong which is now deemed ''lost''. 

Further, he had the square-jawed good looks and suitable macho sounding name.

Good call on Star Trek, that's how I became familiar with him--Captain Christopher Pike.

Edit: I just read that he died as a result of injuries he sustained while filming a movie called Cry Chicago. Very weird, he didn't die immediately but flew back to LA where he had a brain hemorrhage and fractured his skull when he fell.

Edited by lame ass security

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Good call on Star Trek, that's how I became familiar with him--Captain Christopher Pike.

Edit: I just read that he died as a result of injuries he sustained while filming a movie called Cry Chicago. Very weird, he didn't die immediately but flew back to LA where he had a brain hemorrhage and fractured his skull when he fell.

42 is far too early to die. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

42 is far too early to die. 

Unless you're Piers Morgan in which case it's positively generous. :lol:  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I wish Quentin's version was true.

Those were fictional characters. lol

Yeah, wish that ending was true too. The war would have been over sooner and maybe more people would have survived.  I love how Quentin changes things to suit his movies. That's was so cool about them.

Rick and Cliff are as real as a donut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I didn't care for the film but I was thinking of Jeff Hunter's career the other day and how it rather echos the type of actors being satirized here, albeit with the caveat that Hunter does seem to have had bigger Hollywood roles at the beginning of his career, The Searchers, King of Kings, which elevates his career above somebody like a Ty Hardin. Hunter began as a leading men at Fox, adventures and westerns; after a career lull (including the indignity of playing Indian chiefs!) Ford revived his career by casting him in three films including the aforementioned The Searchers, before Hunter produced his most memorable role as Jesus in King of Kings. It went downhill from that point on (although that is a matter of perspective), ending up in an ill-fated television western, Temple Houston (NBC, 1963-4), and captaining the USS Enterprise in the Star Trek pilot before making b-movies in Europe and elsewhere, spaghetti and sauerkraut westerns, etc. - he even made some film in Hong Kong which is now deemed ''lost''. 

Further, he had the square-jawed good looks and suitable macho sounding name.

They're saying Tarantinos last film might be a Star Trek one...I fuckin' hope not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think I heard it would be an R rated Star Trek. I wouldn't like that either.

I like how quentin's movies are one of a kind, so he should stick with that, if he's truly quitting after the tenth movie. Still would like him to continue the "Kill Bill" movies with the grown up kids. Might be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 4:15 PM, DieselDaisy said:

42 is far too early to die. 

Bruce Lee was only 32. Steve McQueen was 50, by today's standards that's too young too.

Sharon Tate was in her twenties. Far too young. And yet Manson lived to his 80's. How fair is that? That bastard must have ruled his jail until he died. I read an article about how his son doesn't believe what his dad did. He thinks the media made it up. Denial must run in his family. Stupid jerk. I bet some how this freak will make money off his dad's name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow both Quentin and Brad won a Golden Globe.

Was Leo nominated because he was awesome in this movie.

The E news dummies made a huge deal over the cameras showing Jennifer A. watching Brad make his speech after he won the award. Will they get back together? lol Who the hell cares! After what he did to her, I would never take him back.

Anyway, Congratulations to Brad and Quentin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

That bastard must have ruled his jail until he died

He didn't.  Solitary confinement most of the time, way too famous a criminal to be walking mainline, I think someone tried to set him on fire at one point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 6:28 AM, wasted said:

Rick and Cliff are as real as a donut. 

I know, but they were so good together. Quentin knows how to pick his actors. It would be awesome if Brad won, but I don't think he will.

Going to dvr the Oscars to speed through shit I don't care about. lol

I was talking about Q's version of the whole Manson killings.  Loved his version so better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

He didn't.  Solitary confinement most of the time, way too famous a criminal to be walking mainline, I think someone tried to set him on fire at one point. 

Yeah, you know someone would have taken him out. I'm sure being alone must have made him crazier than he already was. No one to manipulate to do his bidding. Though I bet there were some of his followers and newbies writing to him. There's always a bunch of nut jobs who just love to communicate with murders.

Just wish he had died sooner. I think some of his followers suffered in death, which was a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, you know someone would have taken him out. I'm sure being alone must have made him crazier than he already was. No one to manipulate to do his bidding. Though I bet there were some of his followers and newbies writing to him. There's always a bunch of nut jobs who just love to communicate with murders.

Just wish he had died sooner. I think some of his followers suffered in death, which was a good thing.

I don't think he was really crazy, not in a raving sense.  He was just evil.  A hustler with no conscience.  In real terms I guess psychopath or sociopath is a fitting definition but what I mean is I don't think he was unaware of his actions, or that he truly believed he was some messiah.  It was a schtick...and a functioning schtick, as proven by the fact that it worked, before and after his incarceration.  if you look at his criminal convictions pre-murder they are all kinda pathetic, dodgy cheques, grand theft auto, bigamy, that kinda thing. 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 5:42 AM, Len Cnut said:

I don't think he was really crazy, not in a raving sense.  He was just evil.  A hustler with no conscience.  In real terms I guess psychopath or sociopath is a fitting definition but what I mean is I don't think he was unaware of his actions, or that he truly believed he was some messiah.  It was a schtick...and a functioning schtick, as proven by the fact that it worked, before and after his incarceration.  if you look at his criminal convictions pre-murder they are all kinda pathetic, dodgy cheques, grand theft auto, bigamy, that kinda thing. 

Oh yeah, not crazy I agree. Just evil. I do believe that. He found all the weak people especially young girls and used their anger for his gain. I know he had a hard childhood, but so have tons of people and they don't do what he did. I commend the prosecutor for taking him down. I remember Manson talking about how he still had followers out there. I bet he does, but they're probably so old who cares anymore.

I was surprised his son made a statement that everything the cops said were lies about him. Another brainwashed soul. I honestly believe sometimes that if you're parents are evil it has to be in your blood too. I wonder who raised his son? I hope it wasn't his mother. Never realized that Manson had a kid. Sorry to see his name live on.

I think Leo is nominated for an Oscar. I see his face in the Oscar commercials. I don't think he'll win because Joaquin will probably take it, but it's nice to be nominated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This movie was on Starz last night but since my cable company cancelled Starz and Encore I couldn't watch it again. Love this movie.

Leo and Brad should work together more often. Well, my mom lived through the 60's so she explained some stuff to me. She loved this movie so much.

So loved QT's ending more than real life. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This movie was on Starz last night but since my cable company cancelled Starz and Encore I couldn't watch it again. Love this movie.

Leo and Brad should work together more often. Well, my mom lived through the 60's so she explained some stuff to me. She loved this movie so much.

So loved QT's ending more than real life. 

 

Yeah, I watched it on Starz.😊 I have to say I'm a huge Brad fan and he was great in this but I think Leo's performance was just as good, maybe even better. He played the Rick Dalton character perfectly--hilarious most of the time but he also captured his immense insecurities. Iconic performances from both guys, imo.

Edited by lame ass security

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×