Jump to content
ASLayerAODsk

Copyright Strikes....

Recommended Posts

On 11/26/2019 at 2:03 PM, Pele said:

Haha please - don't start with this!!  You're one of 3 posters (Mojo, Contemptible and YOU) that contribute to Mojo's forum - and you're all over his chatlog on the homepage.  You're contributing to this.

I didn't start this war.  I haven't kept it going.  I'm not participating in it. 

Unlike you.

Before it gets any worse, strike up a truce, give peace a chance.

You helped make this mess, clean it up.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cineater said:

I didn't start this war.  I haven't kept it going.  I'm not participating in it. 

Unlike you.

Before it gets any worse, strike up a truce, give peace a chance.

You helped make this mess, clean it up.

True - but ultimately, you maintain a friendship online with this guy. 

So (in your opinion) what's the story - are we all wrong and he's misunderstood, or is he the weird loner that has lived an online fantasy character for 20 years.

His posts were (and in some cases still are) cataloged online since 2000.  Read them yourself on here (Warchild and Sailaway).  

Do you like this guy? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cineater said:

I didn't start this war.  I haven't kept it going.  I'm not participating in it. 

Unlike you.

Before it gets any worse, strike up a truce, give peace a chance.

You helped make this mess, clean it up.

Have you ever met him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pele said:

True - but ultimately, you maintain a friendship online with this guy. 

So (in your opinion) what's the story - are we all wrong and he's misunderstood, or is he the weird loner that has lived an online fantasy character for 20 years.

His posts were (and in some cases still are) cataloged online since 2000.  Read them yourself on here (Warchild and Sailaway).  

Do you like this guy? 

Just out of interest, in the public arena, what is your history with the said person. I have always wondered given the constant mention.

Discord was too mobile phony, not my thing, I just wondered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so we are all on the same page, everyone know this is like wwe right? Like it’s not real, this is all fictional. No one has connects with the band not even MSL or really Jarmo. I met Jarmo in Vegas he’s an ok dude. But at the end of the day we are just dudes who listen to the same band and some of us like them way more than others. Kinda like girls who followed the Beatles in the 60s. Axl will never know our names, Slash will never give a fuck. Beta and Fernando don’t care about us (and shouldn’t because they are in charge). We will never influence the band or management. This is a old nostalgia act that has been long in the tooth for shit..at least a decade. I just see these forums turning more and more into a creepo fest. I don’t want to dress up like axl that’s off putting. I don’t care what amp slash uses because I’m me and I jam in my tone. If you care that cool but don’t blow your butt hole because someone may have quoted something or said something wrong. Also there won’t be a new album and I’m 99% sure the band doesn’t care that anyone wants one. And they have half a billion reasons as to why they don’t need to make one. So please everyone lighten the fuck up 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rayvela said:

Just so we are all on the same page, everyone know this is like wwe right? Like it’s not real, this is all fictional. No one has connects with the band not even MSL or really Jarmo. I met Jarmo in Vegas he’s an ok dude. But at the end of the day we are just dudes who listen to the same band and some of us like them way more than others. Kinda like girls who followed the Beatles in the 60s. Axl will never know our names, Slash will never give a fuck. Beta and Fernando don’t care about us (and shouldn’t because they are in charge). We will never influence the band or management. This is a old nostalgia act that has been long in the tooth for shit..at least a decade. I just see these forums turning more and more into a creepo fest. I don’t want to dress up like axl that’s off putting. I don’t care what amp slash uses because I’m me and I jam in my tone. If you care that cool but don’t blow your butt hole because someone may have quoted something or said something wrong. Also there won’t be a new album and I’m 99% sure the band doesn’t care that anyone wants one. And they have half a billion reasons as to why they don’t need to make one. So please everyone lighten the fuck up 

In 25 years or so, the band have only released one album, and it is the forums that have solely kept the band relevant, despite what they may think. All the journos, novelists, everyone came to the forums at some point during this time.

They get popular again with the reunion then appear to burn the bridges that kept them relevant in the first place. For me, alot of people have put a lot of time and effort into the band over many years, and all people are wanting is some kind of recognition, which I see no problem with.

As I said to Downzy, I am guessing the band are wanting to push the band towards social media and let the forums die, but I don't like social media, I am used to forums and there are probably others that feel the same. When the reunion novelty does eventually wears off, we are the ones that are still going to be here because the paper tiger social media people will go toxic very quickly and move onto the new thing whatever that may be.

 

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

In 25 years or so, the band have only released one album, and it is the forums that have solely kept the band relevant, despite what they may think. All the journos, novelists, everyone came to the forums at some point during this time.

They get popular again with the reunion then appear to burn the bridges that kept them relevant in the first place. For me, alot of people have put a lot of time and effort into the band over many years, and all people are wanting is some kind of recognition, which I see no problem with.

As I said to Downzy, I am guessing the band are wanting to push the band towards social media and let the forums die, but I don't like social media, I am used to forums and there are probably others that feel the same. When the reunion novelty does eventually wears off, we are the ones that are still going to be here because the paper tiger social media people will go toxic very quickly and move onto the new thing whatever that may be.

 

Great post!! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mysteron said:

Just out of interest, in the public arena, what is your history with the said person. I have always wondered given the constant mention.

Discord was too mobile phony, not my thing, I just wondered.

As Warchild, he was always fairly respectful to you wasn't he?

No history.  I remember him as Infamous, I remembered him as Warchild and Sailaway.  He went away for a bit, then I recognized him as Jim.  Everyone said Warchild/Jim was that woman from Florida (MB) but I could tell that wasn't the case.  Just from the posts he made on MSL's forum, mainly off topic - and comparing them to Maribeth's from before all the Warchild drama, when she was a well respected member of HTGTH.

I decided to look into who he actually was - which led me to his actual self.  Also led me on a real journey of weirdness and odd behavior, a few fictional characters across different websites/communities.

It's a fascinating case.  Basically, he has pretended to be someone from LA connected to the band for 20 years, whilst living in a mobile home in Alabama.  And because he has shown loyalty to the band for over 20 years, Beta communicates with him and gives him info.

Imagine that though - over 20 years.  A big chunk of his adult life - pretending to be a studio engineer from LA!

The dude can actually play guitar, knows a decent amount about the music industry and if he says something about GNR, it's likely accurate.  He'd actually be a decent member of the community if we wasn't a lunatic.

 

Also Downzy/Russ - I've no plans to name/doxx him.  I believe discussion like this has helped a bit - because he previously operated in the shadows with nobody having a clue who he was.  He now knows people can find out, and I believe it's calmed him down a lot.  The takedowns still happen, but IMO his alleged stalking, intimidation and harassing members seems to have calmed down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rayvela said:

Also there won’t be a new album and I’m 99% sure the band doesn’t care that anyone wants one. And they have half a billion reasons as to why they don’t need to make one. So please everyone lighten the fuck up 

So just to be clear: you don't actually know anything, yet you can predict the future? the reason for making an album could be to stop being a nostalgia act/cause that's what bands do/cause it can be a great excuse for touring some more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pele said:

As Warchild, he was always fairly respectful to you wasn't he?

No history.  I remember him as Infamous, I remembered him as Warchild and Sailaway.  He went away for a bit, then I recognized him as Jim.  Everyone said Warchild/Jim was that woman from Florida (MB) but I could tell that wasn't the case.  Just from the posts he made on MSL's forum, mainly off topic - and comparing them to Maribeth's from before all the Warchild drama, when she was a well respected member of HTGTH.

I decided to look into who he actually was - which led me to his actual self.  Also led me on a real journey of weirdness and odd behavior, a few fictional characters across different websites/communities.

It's a fascinating case.  Basically, he has pretended to be someone from LA connected to the band for 20 years, whilst living in a mobile home in Alabama.  And because he has shown loyalty to the band for over 20 years, Beta communicates with him and gives him info.

Imagine that though - over 20 years.  A big chunk of his adult life - pretending to be a studio engineer from LA!

The dude can actually play guitar, knows a decent amount about the music industry and if he says something about GNR, it's likely accurate.  He'd actually be a decent member of the community if we wasn't a lunatic.

 

Also Downzy/Russ - I've no plans to name/doxx him.  I believe discussion like this has helped a bit - because he previously operated in the shadows with nobody having a clue who he was.  He now knows people can find out, and I believe it's calmed him down a lot.  The takedowns still happen, but IMO his alleged stalking, intimidation and harassing members seems to have calmed down?

They were always respectful. As for lunacy, there's a bit of it in a lot of us. 

I may be getting old, but I have fond memories of everything, Warchild, Dark, MSL, Jarmo, Madison Eric and here, Jarmo and me over there, cd.com, newgnr.com. I like gnrevo and their thing, I like the gnfnr and their odd little community. For me it is all good. We have our own little gangs and although gnr might find it challenging, it is all about fans and their own ways of running their own communities, but deep down, there is a fan in there somewhere otherwise they would never post.

We are a quirky community, but it is not for social media

Cineater's reading :) So also the Dizzy Reed place and the GN'R bar, before it all went ezboard. Lisa Reed used to post on the Dizzy Reed board before their separation.

Edited by Mysteron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pele said:

True - but ultimately, you maintain a friendship online with this guy. 

So (in your opinion) what's the story - are we all wrong and he's misunderstood, or is he the weird loner that has lived an online fantasy character for 20 years.

His posts were (and in some cases still are) cataloged online since 2000.  Read them yourself on here (Warchild and Sailaway).  

Do you like this guy? 

You're using me to further your war.  I'm asking you to stop the war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cineater said:

You're using me to further your war.  I'm asking you to stop the war.

I'm asking you why you are 1 of a very small handful of people that keep Mojo's little forum alive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an idea

If GN'R are choosing to disconnect, maybe unban everyone. Let everyone back, let the characters return with a single name, Madison if you are there, let's have some fun.

It'd be good to see Highvoltage and UK Subs back, let's just party. Throw caution to the wind and let people do their thing.

Could be fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

They were always respectful. As for lunacy, there's a bit of it in a lot of us. 

Respectful to you, yes.

It wasn't much fun being MB when she was doxxed, and people called her house, and her work, and she was banned from all forums and ridiculed in every GNR community (and still is).

All because she believed this guy was Axl Rose, and she believed that backing him and defending him at every opportunity would result in them meeting.

4 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Just an idea

If GN'R are choosing to disconnect, maybe unban everyone. Let everyone back, let the characters return with a single name, Madison if you are there, let's have some fun.

It'd be good to see Highvoltage and UK Subs back, let's just party. Throw caution to the wind and let people do their thing.

Could be fun

It's fun, until this guy writes to your employer with posts you made 10 years ago that could be classed as controversial.  Or contacts your wife on Facebook because you once said you'd bang someone you saw on TV.

That's what you're potentially dealing with.

It's also worth point out he was very right wing, anti gay, VERY anti Islam etc until Axl mentioned he was democrat.  He immediately turned into a far left supporter, posting anti-Trump memes almost daily!

Yes, this guy changed his whole political outlook to match that of his favorite singer!!

Edited by Pele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pele said:

Respectful to you, yes.

It wasn't much fun being MB when she was doxxed, and people called her house, and her work, and she was banned from all forums and ridiculed in every GNR community (and still is).

All because she believed this guy was Axl Rose, and she believed that backing him and defending him at every opportunity would result in them meeting.

I can understand that, but you have to let it go, whether you are MB or whoever else.

You can only control the present and future, but not the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than changing the forum I would just give it up. Guns and TB are a band of arseholes and not worth supporting to be honest. They are also thoroughly boring - it isn't as if there is much to discuss? This doesn't mean a forum of (now former) Guns fans can produce discussions about other things such as about bands who actually release albums, films, politics and other things. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rather than changing the forum I would just give it up. Guns and TB are a band of arseholes and not worth supporting to be honest. They are also thoroughly boring - it isn't as if there is much to discuss? This doesn't mean a forum of (now former) Guns fans can produce discussions about other things such as about bands who actually release albums, films, politics and other things. 

But some of us are still fans of this band and want to discuss it in this forum. There are still Gn'R related topics to discuss (latest big one being the leaks for example)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

I can understand that, but you have to let it go, whether you are MB or whoever else.

You can only control the present and future, but not the past.

It doesn't really work like that though does it - who you want me on your forum if I'd gone out of my way to get you or your spouse sacked from their job, or contacted your wife to tell her thing about you?

Or would you think I was a weirdo and remove me from your forum for your own safety and the safety of your members?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rather than changing the forum I would just give it up. Guns and TB are a band of arseholes and not worth supporting to be honest. They are also thoroughly boring - it isn't as if there is much to discuss? This doesn't mean a forum of (now former) Guns fans can produce discussions about other things such as about bands who actually release albums, films, politics and other things. 

This is it though, fans become embittered and give up, and that is maybe what they are wanting.

At the moment, there is a common thing about YouTube takedowns, whatever it is, these places have to endure and find a way forward. To be fair to the band, they are still active and will probably remain active. My point is, if they are disconnecting from the forums, there are ways of making it more interesting. Social media is full of flakey folk that will disappear.

The forums have forever been about community and drama, and it can continue to be that

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pele said:

It doesn't really work like that though does it - who you want me on your forum if I'd gone out of my way to get you or your spouse sacked from their job, or contacted your wife to tell her thing about you?

Or would you think I was a weirdo and remove me from your forum for your own safety and the safety of your members?

Are you related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Are you related?

Am I related to Warchild? No.

Or to MB? either way - no!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rovim said:

But some of us are still fans of this band and want to discuss it in this forum. There are still Gn'R related topics to discuss (latest big one being the leaks for example)

The irony being that that is the last thing Guns/TB want us discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pele said:

Am I related to Warchild? No.

Or to MB? either way - no!

Then, just let it be. It is not ur fight to fight. They still exist and do their thing. 

It'd be good to hear you talk about other things. Pele the gnr fan or Pele the sports fan. Anything really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Then, just let it be. It is not ur fight to fight. They still exist and do their thing. 

It'd be good to hear you talk about other things. Pele the gnr fan or Pele the sports fan. Anything really

With respect, no.  I think this guy's behavior needs highlighting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cineater said:

You're using me to further your war.  I'm asking you to stop the war.

How is someone allowed to be a part of this forum who is friends with those psychopaths? Dont get it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×