First ever GnR song that you heard?

Like a few others, Welcome to the Jungle on GTA. Was probably around 10 or 11 at the time, just thought it was the best thing I ever heard. After that I started paying more attention to them after that and quickly became a fan of SCOM, Paradise City, November Rain etc

It was years after that I actually bought an album though.. first time listening to AFD just blew me away, any music I liked before that just went out the window 

Edited by dave94

On 02/12/2019 at 9:45 PM, fantomas said:

Paradise City on an old UK show called Raw Power.

Raw Power was great. On a Friday night. Do you remember American Gladiators, Casey Casem with Americas top 10 and Married With Children on as well. Krusher used to hang out at a pub in Fulham, met him through a friend at work. I remember them interviewing Nirvana, they played Faith No More and Savatage alot, Jane's Addiction, Sepultura and that You can't bring me down song

Edited by Mysteron

15 hours ago, Mysteron said:

Raw Power was great. On a Friday night. Do you remember American Gladiators, Casey Casem with Americas top 10 and Married With Children on as well. Krusher used to hang out at a pub in Fulham, met him through a friend at work. I remember them interviewing Nirvana, they played Faith No More and Savatage alot, Jane's Addiction, Sepultura and that You can't bring me down song

I always used to record Raw Power and watch it Saturday morning, waiting for new vids from Faith No More, Skid Row, Extreme etc... Ah the gold old days.

9 hours ago, fantomas said:

I always used to record Raw Power and watch it Saturday morning, waiting for new vids from Faith No More, Skid Row, Extreme etc... Ah the gold old days.

I used to be out on a Friday night, so would nornally watch it. I never figured out the recording thing on the VHS. Do you remember those numbers you typed in from the TV guide to record certain programs. It was all over my head.

• Like 1

Welcome To The Jungle

I would go to my local newsagents and buy a cassette about once a month when I had saved up enough pocket money. I remember buying afd because I liked the the cover had no idea what the music was like at all was only about 9 or 10. I remember loving it straight away and haven't stopped listening to them since :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

WTTJ.  I was about 6 years old and was watching that movie where Morgan Freeman was a principal that came out in 1989.  Lean on Me.  It was where they showed how run down the ghetto high school was. I couldn't believe the sounds my ears were hearing and thought, oh my god this is so bad ass! It was orgasmic.  I was really into Elvis, the Righteous Brothers and Jerry Lee Lewis before that, as well as the Grease Soundtrack.  I watched the credits to see who the band was which sang about a jungle... and sure enough it was Guns N' Roses!  The next day I begged my dad to take me to the mall which had a record store, remember those?, and bought the tape Appetite for Destruction.  Been a fan ever since.  After that my cousins introduced me to Metallica, and AC DC  Couple years after that... Alice in Chains and Nirvana.  I had some pretty cool albums for a kid in elementary school and then middle school.  MTV also helped after that. My cousin Chris had bought UYI 1 and 2 but didn't like them much so I got those CDs for free.  I also remember buying GNR Lies.  I got 'The Spaghetti Incident!?' as an Easter Gift.  I remember being in High School when the Trailer for End of Days hit on 9/9/99.  I taped the commercial and put it on the computer and ripped a CD.  Bought the Soundtrack the day it came out. 

Here is the scene.  Overdubbed in Spanish but you get the point. 

On 12/10/2019 at 9:02 AM, ObsessionofVanity said:

Believe it or not, "Sorry. "

I'm sorry for you, not sorry for me.  Just kidding :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me personally, it wasn’t a Guns n Roses song.

It was sometime during July, 1989. I had just finished high school and was about a month away from leaving home for Navy bootcamp. Still working part time in my hometown hardware store. 

I was in the back of the store one particular day, cutting some copper pipe for a customer, and this song comes on over the loudspeaker. 

It was “I will not go quietly” by Don Henley.

Don’t know why I remember that so vividly, but thats how I was introduced to Guns n Roses. 

Edited by mentalradio
Grammar error.
  • Like 1