Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Everybody was laughing at Matt's tweets about protecting dolphins, and now everyone is praising Axl tweeting about a giraffe. Hum, okay.

I´m not prasing neither one. Don´t get me wrong I don´t support animals killing. But there are bigger issues around the world. For example Syria or the floods in the UK and the severe winter storms in the U.S. I can´t expect those people to care about a giraffe or a dolphin at this time. Nor a giraffe is more important to me than those issues. That´s the part that neither Axl nor Matt seem to understand.

• Like 1

i think he's trying to say that the explanations given on the necessity of killing the giraffe were not convincing and that people who are in charge of making those decisions shouldn't ignore public opinion like they did this time

• Like 1

i think he's trying to say that the explanations given on the necessity of killing the giraffe were not convincing and that people who are in charge of making those decisions shouldn't ignore public opinion like they did this time

Exactly.

All that bullshit about not judging is just what he starts babbling about when he gets confused and realizes he has repeatedly contradicted himself. He did the same thing with the "benefit of the doubt" or whatever about the Chili Peppers. And then, of course, he went on the judge and ridicule. Such is Axl's attention to detail and consistency. :lol:

Exactly.

All that bullshit about not judging is just what he starts babbling about when he gets confused and realizes he has repeatedly contradicted himself. He did the same thing with the "benefit of the doubt" or whatever about the Chili Peppers. And then, of course, he went on the judge and ridicule. Such is Axl's attention to detail and consistency. :lol:

did he say he's not judging? i thought he was consistently judgemental on that giraffe issue? :)

I was more responding to Axl_Morris' interpretation. There's that brief "without more information or a better understanding" part, but Axl just uses that shit to cover his ass before he mercilessly and agrammatically launches into a tirade against someone. :lol:

• Like 2

Why on earth did Fortus just link to this video of ex-W.A.S.P. guitarist Chris Holmes singing??!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qNOWn4wYCs

Hopefully this is a piss-take and not genuine appreciation. I mean, I love W.A.S.P. (even saw Blackie Lawless and his nuBand in Glasgow back in 2009), but this is horrific :lol:

Did Katarina cheat on him? More importantly, is she available? :wub:

Also, was it Chris Holmes who called Slash the N-word?

Edited by Amir

I was more responding to Axl_Morris' interpretation. There's that brief "without more information or a better understanding" part, but Axl just uses that shit to cover his ass before he mercilessly and agrammatically launches into a tirade against someone. :lol:

He likes the word 'misguided' doesn't he, I've seen it before in his posts/tweets.

He likes the word 'misguided' doesn't he, I've seen it before in his posts/tweets.

The "if not" in the middle of a sentence is something I just noticed as well.

I need more interesting pastimes.

He loooooooovvvvvessss that word. It fits well with his whole Out Ta Get Me thing. Axl, usually, knows the truth, and all others are split into two groups: those naive sheep who are misguided and those evil villains who misguide the sheep.

for someone like me, who is not a native speaker, reading his tweets can be an enthralling pastime :shrugs:

• Like 2

If only Axl would take the time and effort he took to talk about giraffes to give the fans an update regarding the future plans of GNR, specially the follow-up to the 5 years old Chinese Democracy. I sure would prefer that over rambling about issues he has almost zero knowledge. Or maybe I'm just misguided.

• Like 1

for someone like me, who is not a native speaker, reading his tweets can be an enthralling pastime :shrugs:

If you can understand them, then your reading comprehension's better than 90% of native speakers ;)

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

I've always wondered how you guys write English so well, it's amazing, you write it better than the majority of the people i know here who speak it.

• Like 3

I've always wondered how you guys write English so well, it's amazing, you write it better than the majority of the people i know here who speak it.

ha ha thanks. reading some of your posts used to be pretty challenging too. but not anymore, so thanks again, i guess :)

ha ha thanks. reading some of your posts used to be pretty challenging too. but not anymore, so thanks again, i guess :)

I got an A in A-Level English along with a Merit in my Advanced Extension Award in the same subject, and I still can't understand half of what Lenny says.

Blackadder-The-Third-british-comedy-1187

Guest Len B'stard

I got an A in A-Level English along with a Merit in my Advanced Extension Award in the same subject, and I still can't understand half of what Lenny says.

I got an A star in my English GCSE :D Through pure blagging as well, never lifted a fuckin' book, I'm fuckin' brilliant at English, I'd read more classics than i care to mention by the age of 10. I'm allowed to brag because it's about the only fuckin' subject in school I could ever be bothered with, it's my one thing I'm shit-hot at.
Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

I got an A star in my English GCSE :D Through pure blagging as well, never lifted a fuckin' book.

I only got an A :( Sister is doing her GCSE English now, asked me about tips on Macbeth. I don't think I ever read the whole thing...

I liked doing Hamlet for A-level English, and there was a boy in our class, had to repeat the year (older than us), complete stoner, couldn't string paragraphs together for his Oxford application so just handed in bullet points... who got the title role in the school play. He was amazing. No clue how he memorised all that dialogue.

We also had to do The Scarlet Letter and The Color Purple, which were incredibly boring. Don't know whose bright idea it was to select those texts for us lads at a boys-only school. Thought The Scarlet Letter might be moderately interesting because of adultery, but Nathaniel Hawthorne managed to make even that boring.

Guest Len B'stard

I read Shakespeare just for the sake of reading Shakespeare, kinda knew all that stuff by the time we got to study em in school so it was a fucking doddle really. Memorising dialogue is a lot easier than it looks, read it a few times over, the important thing is getting your head around the rhythm of iambic pentameter, it's like a series of beats and like, obviously with dialogue the other characters sort of prompt you, don't they, in that what you say is a response or a reaction to scene or setting. Perhaps watch a film version and you get the tale down.

When Marlon Brando got the role for Shakespeare he went back to his Mums farm house, went up on a little foothill, got that ramrod up his back and just bellowed it like its meant to be spoken like FRIENDS, ROMANS, COUNTRYMEN, LEND ME YOUR EARS, I COME TO BURY CEASER NOT TO PRAISE HIM, THE EVIL THAT MEN DO LIVES AFTER THEM THE GOOD IS OFT INTERRED WITH THEIR BONES!!' and just fuckin' nail it like that. I think thats the way to do it to put yourself in a position something akin to the setting and just let it rip. The beauty of Shakespeare is that once you got iambic pentameter down it just rolls off your tongue, it's like rap (I'm probably gonna get it up the khyber for that comment :lol:), it really is though, it's like you listen to rap songs (well i do anyway) and after a few listens its just stuck in your head no matter how complex it is and it's the rhythm that does that and Shakespeare has that.

Be the person, think what they're saying, like i see a lot of people do those similar speeches and they're so in love with the posh language that they miss the fact that it's a plea, he's like beseeching these people, it's a hot moment thats pregnant with possibility, like a hairs stand up on your neck moment.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 2

I saw Jude Law play Hamlet. He was rubbish. My favourite part of the play was, before it started, there was this older gentleman by the bar trying to show off all his Shakespeare knowledge to these younger ladies. An hour into the play, I notice him a couple of rows in front of me, head tilted back, eyes closed, mouth wide open. At the intermission he was discussing the merits of Jude Law's performance.

Guest Len B'stard

I've never been to the theatre in my life. Opera, theatre, none of it, I'd so love to though, I mean i really think it's something I would fall in love with in a way that there'd be no coming back from. I know a lot about it just out of interest and loving films and the craft of acting and reading Stanislavsky and all that just naturally leads you to it. My favorite films are ones that could concievably be done on stage or are stage adaptations, stuff like Streetcar or Rope or 12 Angry Men, these limited setting films that are all about human interaction, just love that stuff. I'd like to see something like Dolls House or An Inspector Calls on stage.

I just dragged this shit way the fuck off topic, didn't I? Sorry folks, feel free to drag it back :)

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1