Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

i appreciate the fact that Axl is trying to explain himself.

Yep, can't say no to that. I appreciate it as well.

maybe he just warms up with the giraffes and then he'll get to explain some other stuff... like, GnR stuff

lol that's a big NO.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

I'd be happy with a new song about the Giraffe. Epic TWAT-style orchestral arrangement and Madagascar-style arrangement of giraffe dialogue over some Bumblefoot solos and Axl's anguished screams above it all.

I'm still not entirely sure what side of the giraffe argument he's on even after wading though the mammoth, clear explanation. I guess everyone has their causes that are important to them, cruelty to animals is abhorrent but for me there are much bigger atrocities going on in the world to get passionate about. That said, each to their own I suppose and perhaps, using Matt and the dolphins as an example, it's about making a difference that's actually remotely achievable for your average person.

I don't really get people who profess to be animal lovers but then keep wild animals as pets, seems incongruous to me. I'm not keen on the concept of zoo's for the same reason. Perhaps I'm missing the point, admittedly I'm not an 'animal person' so I don't have pets. Dogs I can get my head around, cats a little less but anything else I find a slightly weird concept.

*prepares for flaming by people who love weird and wonderful pets* :-D

To me it seems that Axl had jumped to the same thoughts as everybody else about the giraffe. And how it was wrong. And then he done a little more research into it. And saw how both sides had good points. But that the zoo didn't really come across with their points,so that the public understood their views on it. And seems Axl doesn't agree with them allowing the public to view the actual kill and feeding of Marius to the lions.

My take on the whole situation. Would have been to sterilize Marius,sell him to one of the zoos offering to buy him. Use the money they would've gotten from the sale and funded the program further. Win win for everyone. Marius would have lived and still served an educational purpose at another zoo.

And the zoo that killed him. Still would have the free space for other giraffes that would be fit for the breeding program.

Although,I wish that Axl would quit being or trying to sound or come across,as so damn philosophical and just use plain damn English! LOL

Edited by SweetRose
  • Like 1

To me it seems that Axl had jumped to the same thoughts as everybody else about the giraffe. And how it was wrong. And then he done a little more research into it. And saw how both sides had good points. But that the zoo didn't really come across with their points,so that the public understood their views on it. And seems Axl doesn't agree with them allowing the public to view the actual kill and feeding of Marius to the lions.

My take on the whole situation. Would have been to sterilize Marius,sell him to one of the zoos offering to buy him. Use the money they would've gotten from the sale and funded the program further. Win win for everyone. Marius would have lived and still served an educational purpose at another zoo.

And the zoo that killed him. Still would have the free space for other giraffes that would be fit for the breeding program.

Although,I wish that Axl would quit being or trying to sound or come across,as so damn philosophical and just use plain damn English! LOL

they wanted to put on a show for people and gain publicity. Remember there's no such thing as bad publicity so mission accomplished .

fuckers

It just seems odd for him talking about the superbowl and the giraffe.

With every other major world news topic that he has chose not to mention during the months and some cases years of silence.

Is he being encouraged to tweet? Same time as tickets go on sale for big shows?

On the other hand, Axl just seems to do what he wants to do and no one dictates his actions. I dunno.

• Like 1

On re-reading he is definetly siding with the zoo's decision. The 3 numbered comments are his understanding on peoples opinions who are apposed to the decision - not Axl's.

He is suggesting he doesn't know enough about it to suggest his actions are better than those who manage a zoo and deal with breeding programmes.

Either way, I wish this was a rant on a bootleg and he ended the last sentance with..."so with that in mind...LIVE AND LET DIE MOTHER FUCKER!!!!"

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

The more you think every little thing might lead to a reunion, the more you'll be sorely disappointed. Just a pro tip from an old gnr fan.

Reunion will happen one day..I will always keep the dream alive as long as they are all alive :P Call me crazy, delusional or what ever but I know it in my heart that it will happen in the future :lol:

I hate to say it becasue I've been a fan of this band for a long time and even though my interest has finally waned a bit after 14 years due to the lack of studio output and some other issues well documented within this pages I still remain an avid supporter interested in anything Axl Rose might be up to, whether it's a tweet, picture, occasional leak, old interviews or anything that's going on in Guns N' Roses.

That being said, his latest tweet was perhaps the first time I was bored and not interested in what he had to say. The first tweet was alright I guess but this latest nonsensical piece of work is just awkward. Fans are craving for any meaningful information about the band or anything he'd be prepared to share with the public, especially about potential new music. And he's talking about this giraffe. It's a ridiculous output and it seems so removed from the Axl I knew. And don't get me wrong, I've been supporting Guns N' Roses since 1999 and was always very excited about the prospect of Guns N' Roses going forward and even if it means a revolving door of musicians, if there was fire in Axl and new music in record stores I'd be worth it. But it wasn't worth it. Not at the expense of the band the was once the greatest band in the world. And I'm not a hater. I pity haters who linger to express the dissatisfation with everything Axl does. I'm not here for that. But the name of the band was destroyed irreparably.

Similarly to many of you my interest started to decrease in 2011 but it wasn't until last year that I caught myself not being up to date with everything GN'R related. It's like something changed and it doesn't change the way I will always feel about this band but it does feel like something I enjoyed doing even when there was nothing going on with GN'R is now gone. And this tweet is so representative of this clusterfuck this has become. I'm the biggest Axl fan there ever was but the fact this band is led by Team Brazil, whatever the fuck that means, the fact some guy Fernando is referring to GN'R as his band or that personal assistants are sung happy birthdays at shows and even grab a bass guitar here and there makes me want to throw up. And tweets like the last one to top it off. Guns N' Roses, ladies and gentleman.

Seriously, uncool.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1

On re-reading he is definetly siding with the zoo's decision. The 3 numbered comments are his understanding on peoples opinions who are apposed to the decision - not Axl's.

He is suggesting he doesn't know enough about it to suggest his actions are better than those who manage a zoo and deal with breeding programmes.

Either way, I wish this was a rant on a bootleg and he ended the last sentance with..."so with that in mind...LIVE AND LET DIE MOTHER FUCKER!!!!"

Maybe in that case he feels some empathic connection with the zoo's position. The Danes are the GnR of the zoo world - it looks fucked up from the outside but nobody understands the complexities of the situation they are in. In other words shut up haters n' misguided unbelievers. Lol

Maybe in that case he feels some empathic connection with the zoo's position. The Danes are the GnR of the zoo world - it looks fucked up from the outside but nobody understands the complexities of the situation they are in. In other words shut up haters n' misguided unbelievers. Lol

Nice connection. Also worth noting Axl keeps animals and lots of them. I'm sure he will be clued up on breeding and how to look after and what enclosures they need. Axl has his own mini zoo you could say.