Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I can get past the burning of the guitar. However using it by some sort of way to lead and inspire his fans to be different in what they do with there lives is laughable.

Pretty much.

Pity he can't tune the bloody thing, I guess playing in tune is a path thats already being travelled... walk your own way, play out of tune!!! yeah fawkers!!!!

Also... I'm pretty certain that Dweezil Zappa is playing a guitar with burn marks... in fact! I'm pretty sure that was done in the late 60s by hendrix and that Frank zappa used it for a good period during the 80s as well... seems the path dj is traveling on is as worn as his "unique" guitar.

I really don't hate the guy... he has some merit... but when he talks about originality! it rankles with me, he just isn't original in slightest... is naff out of tune blues playing, his nightmare outfits relabeled as Ashbaswag™ what's original?

Pity he can't tune the bloody thing, I guess playing in tune is a path thats already being travelled... walk your own way, play out of tune!!! yeah fawkers!!!!

Also... I'm pretty certain that Dweezil Zappa is playing a guitar with burn marks... in fact! I'm pretty sure that was done in the late 60s by hendrix and that Frank zappa used it for a good period during the 80s as well... seems the path dj is traveling on is as worn as his "unique" guitar.

I really don't hate the guy... he has some merit... but when he talks about originality! it rankles with me, he just isn't original in slightest... is naff out of tune blues playing, his nightmare outfits relabeled as Ashbaswag™ what's original?

But playing SCOM on a burned out of tune guitar at the GG is pretty original, i didn't see anyone doing that stunt.

He conquers and he destroys. His name is DJ Ashba. #truebadass

I can't blame the guy for that, look at the comments there. 99% women. He's obviously doing that shit for the female public. If it's for the fucks everything is valid.

Guest Gunns

I wonder how much of a tolerance to alcohol dj has built up since his last tweet about going to the bar to do exactly that...

#truerockstar #40yearoldkid

I hope he's talking about his rumored new project/band with Scott Weiland if the original source is somewhat credible. Ron himself said he's involved in this new project, so I believe that the original source did not talk about Weiland out of blue before Ron confirmed he is working on a new project.

Touring and/or putting albums with big names like Uli Roth, Malmsteen and Scott Weiland seems much more interesting than waste his talents playing a nostalgia tour with a man that cant sing his own songs to save his life.

I feel bad for Axl... He will not find another guitarist able to cover Ron and Bucket unless the next guy is Govan or Shawn Lane (R.I.P.) reborn.

He needs someone to play the tough stuff unless he is OK with other people dumbing down the Chinese stuff. I mean, it takes a true virtuoso to be able to cover Ron and Bucket accurately. However, it takes a much better guitarist than DJ to be able to cover both Slash and Robin but Axl seems to not give a fuck, so fuck it.

He will not find another guitarist able to cover Ron and Bucket unless the next guy is Govan or Shawn Lane (R.I.P.) reborn.

He needs someone to play the tough stuff unless he is OK with other people dumbing down the Chinese stuff. I mean, it takes a true virtuoso to be able to cover Ron and Bucket accurately. However, it takes a much better guitarist than DJ to be able to cover both Slash and Robin but Axl seems to not give a fuck, so fuck it.

Wrong there are thousands of guitar virtuosos.

And stop bashing DJ, at least he writes #1 songs.

Edited by Silent Jay

He will not find another guitarist able to cover Ron and Bucket unless the next guy is Govan or Shawn Lane (R.I.P.) reborn.

What number one songs has he written?

What number one songs has he written?

Life is Beautiful by Sixx: AM if I recall correctly.