Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, starlight said:

So cool :wub:

Why doesn't Axl join this couple in their animal appreciation activities?

No, he has to be out at night, drinking margaritas with the freak show and girls they pull from the crowd :facepalm:

• Like 3

Just now, Slash787 said:

Why do they keep on posting about Chicago? The guy who handles the social media doesn't knows that todays show is in Nashville? 

lol because it takes time to edit and what are they going to post about Nashville? Show hasn't happened yet :shrugs:

• Like 2

Just now, killuridols said:

lol because it takes time to edit and what are they going to post about Nashville? Show hasn't happened yet :shrugs:

Yeah but before they took random clips of shows and just tagged the name of the city with the clip or the post in which they are going to play at that day. They should be promoting todays show cause there maybe a few who don't know about it and when they check they might think its happening in Chicago.

And they are saying "2 nights is better than 1", so maybe people would think that another show is happening in Chicago and not at their place tonight. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Why do they keep on posting about Chicago? The guy who handles the social media doesn't knows that todays show is in Nashville? 

Mainstream press have got their teeth into the tour not selling as well as it was hoped, I've seen it on Facebook in Classic Rock, Rolling Stone and The Independant so far. The Chicago pics night one look good I suppose. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah but before they took random clips of shows and just tagged the name of the city with the clip or the post in which they are going to play at that day. They should be promoting todays show cause there maybe a few who don't know about it and when they check they might think its happening in Chicago.

And they are saying "2 nights is better than 1", so maybe people would think that another show is happening in Chicago and not at their place tonight. 

I think they've been promoting the Nashville show for the past two days. If someone doesn't they're playing there is either because they're not interested or they live under a rock.

Not sure how much difference can it make to do a lot of promotion the same day of the show? Are you saying this in case there are people who may want to attend?

If this is why you mention it then I really don't think they are gonna sell a lot more today. No one who is seriously thinking of seeing a band like this get their tickets the same day, unless they think they have nothing better to do. I don't know, I find it odd.

Another reason to promote Chicago is because it was a sold out show in an important city so that gives much more clue on what the show is like for those who are contemplating to buy tickets for the next dates.

56 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

No beer for Duff, only that lemon aide or something in the middle for him. It would be hard for him to control, but well done Duff!

that's the 1st thing I zeroed in on, like "ok, duff's is that soft drink looking one"

He just celebrated 22 years of sobriety back in May, I'm sure he's fine to be around it now, but still the mama bear comes out in me and I wanna be like "ya'll just wait and drink that after he leaves!" :lol:

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If someone doesn't they're playing there is either because they're not interested or they live under a rock.

Well there are many people who don't follow bands so much but like their songs, I do know quite a few people who love Sweet Child O' Mine and don't know who are Axl and Slash, Im not joking. 

Im not talking about in terms of them selling or not selling out, but just like getting the info about todays show out there, nuGNR toured in europe in 2010, I was there that time but I din't know. I din't follow that band so much but I always wanted to see them, so when they went to Europe in 2012, then I saw them.

Same thing for Gilby, I don't follow him nor I know where his tour begins, but well I do wanted to see him, so like by chance someone posted about his show over here and the show was happening in the next 2 days and I had no idea about it, so well I did go to the show and enjoyed and even met him. 

So well there are many people who are not hardcore fans like us over here, but just general fans who like the music and just want to see whenever they come to their city. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, starlight said:

Slash at the zoo with Meegan, Duff drinking beer(hope not) with Susan and friends, and Axl? what is he doing?

image.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Well there are many people who don't follow bands so much but like their songs, I do know quite a few people who love Sweet Child O' Mine and don't know who are Axl and Slash, Im not joking. 

Im not talking about in terms of them selling or not selling out, but just like getting the info about todays show out there, nuGNR toured in europe in 2010, I was there that time but I din't know. I din't follow that band so much but I always wanted to see them, so when they went to Europe in 2012, then I saw them.

Same thing for Gilby, I don't follow him nor I know where his tour begins, but well I do wanted to see him, so like by chance someone posted about his show over here and the show was happening in the next 2 days and I had no idea about it, so well I did go to the show and enjoyed and even met him. 

So well there are many people who are not hardcore fans like us over here, but just general fans who like the music and just want to see whenever they come to their city. 

I know that, I'm not stupid but still, with the price of tickets no one who likes two songs of a band or artist will spend that money just because of a song.

You don't need to be in the forums to find out when big acts are playing your town. I found out about Megadeth playing my town soon two months ago and I'm not a member of any forum nor even a fan. I know Coldplay played in my country and I don't like them, don't know any song from them yet I knew they were coming, lol. 

They all do big promotions in each town, in their local radios, tv shows, newspapers, etc. Unless you live in those places you will never know what kind of local promotion they do but they do it and if there are people who still don't know it's because they are not into attending shows or not interested enough in the artist as to care to find information about them touring, playing, etc.

Edited by killuridols

1 minute ago, starlight said:

Please no :facepalm: I had removed that cringey image from my mind. I hope he's spending his free time in a totally better way

highly unlikely  :lol:

(p.s. I think he may be sleeping, he sleeps a lot before show)

I do have to say, even though that pic is totally puke inducing, he at least has decent taste in beer. I know it's bad for him and all, but he does at least drink proper beer. 

(European beer that is, not American piss ;))

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

highly unlikely  :lol:

(p.s. I think he may be sleeping, he sleeps a lot before show)

Yeah, they say you burn a lot of calories while sleeping :smiley-confused2:

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He should be spending some of his free time at the gym

Looking at his stamina, it looks like he's doing just that.

But you can out exercise a bad diet.

So that's why he can run on stage and sing for 2 hours and a half but still sports an "enviable":rolleyes::facepalm: gut.

Oh yeah...to reiterate...partying all night into the morning and not getting a good amount of sleep regularly is also contributing to accumulation of subcutaneous fats around the middle. So there....

Edited by cheesecake
  • Like 1

Wow after a very long time Slash posted a very cool and a normal picture.

I guess the 4 of them being back together means a lot to all of them and Slash also understands that how much this reunion means to Steven.

• Like 1