Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I really don't think it was Axl's idea, he's not responsible for all the shit that happens :facepalm:

Anyway, this video shows his face when he responses to the sign, he says "That's a good question" and then adds "That's all you will get" and laughs

Oh wow! Lmfao I wondered what he was responding to...

Makes sense though. Axl Rose, Slash, Duff, and all the others clearly wanna give the fans what they want. And that's a full appetite reunion. Izzy Stradlin is the one robbing the fans of that at the moment.. Hopefully he changes his mind 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I really don't think it was Axl's idea, he's not responsible for all the shit that happens :facepalm:

Anyway, this video shows his face when he responses to the sign, he says "That's a good question" and then adds "That's all you will get" and laughs

Great find, Andy! :thumbsup:

I don't know if Axl is guilty or not, but he created those monsters. And I understand the no-sign policy too but in this case it seems more like an excuse rather than "yeah poor people who can't see because of the signs". They like to have signs, only ones that appeal to them, lol.

Smells fishy because if they really want to enforce the no-sign policy then how could that person make it to show with it? They should have taken it off in the entrance and not make that whole scandal during the show, which tells me they are up more for the circus than worried about people not seeing because of the sign holders.

It may have become an issue when she carried on waving it every time the lights came up, maybe Axl got sick of seeing it. The flash point wasn't when she first held it up, as she states she kept holding it up after songs. 

Axl hasn't changed a bit lol....she really said that when she went to a show that started on time, had Slash, Duff and Steven in it ha ha ok 

ya can't have all the miracles in one year, Axl still has a sign phobia, oh well. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

33 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Do you think it was all Axl's doing or just the security people? 

Because I remember during the first Vegas residency few years back, there was this guy who caught Axl's mic after PC and it was confiscated by the security afterwards for some baffling reasons. He finally got it back weeks later after reaching out to forum members here who contacted Bumblefoot asking for help to resolve the issue. He even got the band members' signatures on it including Axl's. Shows that certain decisions are made not with Axl Rose's knowledge? IDK.

Probably more likely Team Brazil or Del were responsible.  They are all terrified that Axl is going to lose it again. lol

35 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Probably Axl pressed the button on his mic to talk to stage crew only and sent his minions to kill the sign

https://hardrockhub.com/2016/07/11/watch-steven-adler-receive-running-repairs-on-stage/

"In our exclusive video below, you can see Adler receive help with an earpiece as he continues to play. Rose also appears to be speaking to a member of production crew through his microphone as the pit crew works on his old friend."

Axl commanding the minion legion at 2:20 mark onwards! ;)

2 minutes ago, rosesandguns said:

https://hardrockhub.com/2016/07/11/watch-steven-adler-receive-running-repairs-on-stage/

"In our exclusive video below, you can see Adler receive help with an earpiece as he continues to play. Rose also appears to be speaking to a member of production crew through his microphone as the pit crew works on his old friend."

Where's Izzy signs certainly are the new Slash t shirts  :lol:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rosesandguns said:

Wow CSI:MyGNR full force! :wow:

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Where's Izzy signs certainly are the new Slash t shirts  :lol:

shit I thought about this too! :facepalm:

It is an awful thing to do, but consider how much of a mood killer it must be for the guys to see that sign at almost every goddamn show. They're giving it their all and bending over backwards for us, and we hold them accountable for Izzy when all signs (pun intended) point to him being the one not interested in the reunion. I remember someone held a where's Izzy sign at one of the Vegas shows, Slash saw it and he shrugged - the mystery man is out of sight again. 

And they probably wouldn't have taken the sign away if the girl didn't flash it in between every song, jfc. :facepalm:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Awful.

I do not think I could ever support a band who treats their fanbase like this.

Simply awful.

So what the hell are you still doing here? Serious question. It sounds like you've got better things to do (unless I misread sarcasm?)

So fans can't hold up signs that block others views, whether in between songs or not. There are greater tragedies in the world.

Furthermore, those fans night weren't at all ruined because they had a .99 cent piece of posterboard taken from them -- something they weren't supposed to bring into the venue anyway. Why the need to make a federal case about it is beyond me, other than it gives the eternally negative nancy's just one more thing to bitch and complain about. If it's not this, it's that.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

Just now, thunderram said:

So what the hell are you still here? Serious question. It sounds like you've got better things to do.

So fans can't hold up signs that block others views, whether in between songs or not. There are greater tragedies in the world.

Furthermore, those fans night weren't at all ruined because they had a .99 cent piece of posterboard taken from them -- something they weren't supposed to bring into the venue anyway. Why the need to make a federal case about it is beyond me, other than it gives the eternally negative nancy's just one more thing to bitch and complain about. If it's no this, it's that.

She chucked the thing under her seat - didn't you read the thing! Tons of people produce signs for millions of concerts every year without confiscation so it is not an issue of her merely welding a sign per se.

It is the same as the Slash t-shirts.

Horrible behaviour.

• Like 1

Reading the lady's Facebook story, how is she sure that Axl asked security to take it down if he looked like he enjoyed the sign?  

It sucks that security treated her like that, however it is hard for us as random forum people to really lay blame on any specific person

12 minutes ago, nonok said:

It is an awful thing to do, but consider how much of a mood killer it must be for the guys to see that sign at almost every goddamn show. They're giving it their all and bending over backwards for us, and we hold them accountable for Izzy when all signs (pun intended) point to him being the one not interested in the reunion. I remember someone held a where's Izzy sign at one of the Vegas shows, Slash saw it and he shrugged - the mystery man is out of sight again. 

And they probably wouldn't have taken the sign away if the girl didn't flash it in between every song, jfc. :facepalm:

No evidence I'm afraid.

17 minutes ago, nonok said:

I think we may be talking about two different things. They are both a problem and I think both sides are wrong.

The "Where is Izzy?" sign I agree it has become annoying and sort of an old boring joke by now but what's the real policy here? No signs at all or only signs that are easy on the eye? It should be no signs at all and that policy should be enforced at the entrance of the show. Check their bags, their cloths, whatever and clean it up there, not in the middle of the show, bringing a whole team of security guys to intimidate a woman, lol, a woman :facepalm:

Yes, you're right, she may have become annoying if she was flashing the thing every time but again, couldn't TB handle it like gentlemen instead of acting all gorilla on her? Couldn't one person go to her and tell her to please stop doing that or she would get her sign removed, without actually tearing it up in front of her? That's the part that I find nasty about this whole shit because you don't need to be rude like that to the fans. 

The fans who pay for all of your eccentricities.

Edited by killuridols

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I think we may be talking about two different things. They are both a problem and I think both sides are wrong.

The "Where is Izzy?" sign I agree it has become annoying and sort of an old boring joke by now but what's the real policy here? No signs at all or only signs that are easy on the eye? It should be no signs at all and that policy should be enforced at the entrance of the show. Check their bags, their cloths, whatever and clean it up there, not in the middle of the show, bringing a whole team of security girls to intimidate a woman, lol, a woman :facepalm:

Yes, you're right, she may have become annoying if she was flashing the thing every time but again, couldn't TB handle it like gentlemen instead of acting all gorilla on her? Couldn't one person go to her and tell her to please stop doing that or she would get her sign removed, without actually tearing it up in front of her? That's the part that I find nasty about this whole shit because you don't need to be rude like that to the fans. 

The fans who pay for all of your eccentricities.

Yep.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

She chucked the thing under her seat - didn't you read the thing! Tons of people produce signs for millions of concerts every year without confiscation so it is not an issue of her merely welding a sign per se.

It is the same as the Slash t-shirts.

Horrible behaviour.

But....the girl who had an Axl will you marry me sign got it confiscated too.  Not sure it's about what the sign actually said.   Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  Maybe you shouldn't bring signs and banners to concerts, that usually isn't something that is allowed actually.  

Just now, tsinindy said:

Maybe you shouldn't bring signs and banners to concerts, that usually isn't something that is allowed actually.  

Well it is certainly not something I've ever heard of! You just need to look at concert films - or for that matter sporting events.

It has always been the case.

Why would a band be so afraid of a banner?

Bunch of wankers at the end of the day.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Or Axl is a hypocrite acting cool about it for the crowd and then having his minions take the sign away from the girl? :rolleyes:

No, I don't understand this shit band either but I don't think Slash and Duff would have asked for that.

Or Axl was honestly cool with it, but he thought it would be insulting for Fortus and asked for it to be removed. But even if it is the case, I'm not gonna defend him.

I agree about the lame "sign policy".