Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Well the security can be a bunch of assholes and a big mood killer, After the show I was hanging around and got to meet all the NuGNR members, I got to hang around with them and they were super friendly apart from Tommy, but that din't matter to me.

Then I was waiting for Axl to come out, he was about to come out, but his personal security that bulked up guy with tattoos came out, he told the other security to throw me out, that security guy kept on pushing me, I said I am leaving, but all he did was pushed me, I was about to fall and I have back problems, I felt very bad and it just killed my mood.

I was leaving normally so there was no need to keep on pushing me. 

I understand they are there for the safety for the band, but being rude or pushing fans or hitting fans is not acceptable at all. 

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think we may be talking about two different things. They are both a problem and I think both sides are wrong.

The "Where is Izzy?" sign I agree it has become annoying and sort of an old boring joke by now but what's the real policy here? No signs at all or only signs that are easy on the eye? It should be no signs at all and that policy should be enforced at the entrance of the show. Check their bags, their cloths, whatever and clean it up there, not in the middle of the show, bringing a whole team of security girls to intimidate a woman, lol, a woman :facepalm:

Yes, you're right, she may have become annoying if she was flashing the thing every time but again, couldn't TB handle it like gentlemen instead of acting all gorilla on her? Couldn't one person go to her and tell her to please stop doing that or she would get her sign removed, without actually tearing it up in front of her? That's the part that I find nasty about this whole shit because you don't need to be rude like that to the fans. 

The fans who pay for all of your eccentricities.

Well, it's TB after all. :facepalm: Axl's had more problems with his own security than fans carrying signs and wearing Slash t shirts, really. 

I don't think all signs should be prohibited, but only ones that are vulgar or could open old wounds - imagine someone carrying a "is Slash still a cancer?" sign. Not cool and very ungrateful, like the where's Izzy sings. And yes, they should be taken away with respect and at the entrance, but people are shitty people. 

And there's still the possibility that it was solely a security/TB decision, not Axl's. He seemed to be in a good mood when he saw it and judging by his reactions when he saw the Slash t-shirts before, he's not one to lie about his feelings. 

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Or Axl was honestly cool with it, but he thought it would be insulting for Fortus and asked for it to be removed. But even if it is the case, I'm not gonna defend him.

I agree about the lame "sign policy".

Could be too.

Im not discussing that, though. Just the way it was taken away. Did you read that part? They rip it off.

There's tons of video footage and pictures of Axl holding up signs and banners fans have taken to shows, from all incarnations of guns. Right up until this tour. 

Its since the Izzy banner in Vegas. You can only assume Axl must have had some sort of hissy fit about it and now this :/

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well it is certainly not something I've ever heard of! You just need to look at concert films - or for that matter sporting events.

It has always been the case.

Why would a band be so afraid of a banner?

Bunch of wankers at the end of the day.

Glad you skipped over the rest of what I said....conveniently and yes it is common for those items to be prohibited.  

Just now, tsinindy said:

Glad you skipped over the rest of what I said....conveniently and yes it is common for those items to be prohibited.  

Never heard of it, banners being banned.

Sorry.

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

There's tons of video footage and pictures of Axl holding up signs and banners fans have taken to shows, from all incarnations of guns. Right up until this tour. 

Good point.

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

She chucked the thing under her seat - didn't you read the thing! Tons of people produce signs for millions of concerts every year without confiscation so it is not an issue of her merely welding a sign per se.

It is the same as the Slash t-shirts.

Horrible behaviour.

Yes, I read it. Did you? Furthermore, did you see the picture of the sign being held up? If it had been left under her seat the entire time, nobody would be talking about it.

Again, signs of any kind are not permitted. Doesn't matter what 'other' concerts allow. This one doesn't. There's no argument to be had.

Regarding the Slash t-shirts -- I agree with you. That's drastically different and petty. And unlike the sign rule, which is also in effect to prevent blocking views of others, there's no rule against t-shirts. Maybe she should have worn a "Where's IZZY" t-shirt. If she was removed for that, I'd have more empathy. Still, it's nowhere enough to keep me from supporting the band. Their show, their rules.

Again, I ask -- if this is so horrible and you can't support a band that treats fans this way, why do you continue to follow and support them? I'm genuinely interested because you've complained about multiple times now.

Edited by thunderram

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Could be too.

Im not discussing that, though. Just the way it was taken away. Did you read that part? They rip it off.

But they didn't rip it off of her? You make it sound like they* were violent. They told her she had to give them the sign. She tried to protest. They told her she had to give up the sign. She gave them the sign. Then they walked away and folded and tore up the sign. Nothing violent about it. The girl didn't seem upset, just sharing an experience she had with others.

*one security guy

Edited by sanity_lost
to clarify

1 minute ago, thunderram said:

Again, I ask -- if this is so horrible and you can't support band that treats fans this way, why do you continue to follow and support them?

I don't. Would not buy a ticket if they played in my area.

Guns are a comedy act to me. Hilarious. Comic genius. Joke of a band. And I spend 90% of my time among sundries (just in case you bring up the posting count thing).

• Like 1

By the way I don't think signs were banned at Arrowhead. I seem to remember someone posting instructions and it gave specific dimensions for what size of signs were allowed. And that is where the Marry Me sign was at.

Someone who attended the show and got the instructions email would have to say if they were banned at Nashville. I imagine each venue has a say.

You cannot bring booze in?

Ticketmaster shaft you financially?

You end up in the rafters, what Americans call 'nose bleeds', seeing a bunch of blobs who may be, or may not, be the musicians you payed to see?

You get strip searched (I exaggerate but not by much)

You cannot bring signs and banners in?

No wonder concert going is so depressing. Concerts are meant to be fun. Now they seem to be ran by Hitler.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Never heard of it, banners being banned.

Sorry.

Good point.

You should be...its common:

http://www.theo2.co.uk/faqs/the-o2-arena-faqs

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You cannot bring booze in?

Ticketmaster shaft you financially?

You end up in the rafters, what Americans call 'nose bleeds', seeing a bunch of blobs who may be, or may not, be the musicians you payed to see?

You get strip searched (I exaggerate but not by much)

You cannot bring signs and banners in?

No wonder concert going is so depressing. Concerts are meant to be fun. Now they seem to be ran by Hitler.

In other words.....you spoke without knowing what you were talking about in the first place.  

I think the most likely culprit for the sign removal is TB... let's be honest. Axl clearly laughed it off.

And to say Axl hasn't changed a bit, while on stage with Slash, Duff and Adler... :lol:

Edited by MrSoftie

Just now, tsinindy said:

You should be...its common:

http://www.theo2.co.uk/faqs/the-o2-arena-faqs

One venue haha.

Listen, look at any video bootleg of a Guns show, or for that matter any other show, ever played, ever - designate the band: banners everywhere!!

This is Axely Rosey Jarmoesque over defensive pap of the highest order. There is no way a security guard should be confiscating a lady's banner. He should live and let live. She has no doubt paid highly for that seat.

• Like 2

With everything going on up on the stage it is highly unlikely Axl would be focused or worrying about a sign in the crowd being held up by fan.

I am sure Axl has got a lot more things to think about on stage at the time.

It is common these days for venues to have terms and conditions of entry.

The security people would have been employed by a security contractor to the venue.

They would not take directives from an artist’s management directly as they don’t work for them.

The directive would have come from the venue to remove the sign as it may have violated the terms and conditions of entry.

The  security provider could have also decided to remove the sign based on their own polices. It is common for some security staff and security companies to no know curtain conditions or requirements of an event and take it upon themselves to ask fans to remove items including signs and banners.

It easy to blame Axl and the management team as they will not comment on the matter.

The issue should be directed at the venue and security provider in relation to the actions of removing the sign.  

I've cleaned this thread up a bit. The discussion on the banner situation from last night is a fair discussion to be having, but this isn't the thread to do so in. There's some pretty heated opinions on both sides of the matter, so that may be a topic best suited for Civil War.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

:question:

When all this reunion stuff was still being discussed around Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr, there were debates around Frank and Steven. People, naturally, commented in favour of Frank on his social media profiles, even going so far as to disparage Steven as a washed up musician who can't keep up and can't play. Frank 'liked' those comments.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

19 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

When all this reunion stuff was still being discussed around Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr, there were debates around Frank and Steven. People, naturally, commented in favour of Frank on his social media profiles, even going so far as to disparage Steven as a washed up musician who can't keep up and can't play. Frank 'liked' those comments.

Well, They dont like each other before this, Same with Steven said some bad things about Him N' NuGUns

• Like 1