Tesla claims they wrote Patience first

BehindTheMask

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Warrant, Poisonm etc.

But the bands that came a few years later blows them out of the water. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, Alice In Chains, etc.

Take Pearl Jam for example. They are down to earth, lyrics are real and emotional, music is genuine and good, and they are amazing live.

Alice in Chains is a great band, they are one step above the bands you just mentioned imho.... pearl jam? i honestly don't like em i see eddie vedder like a miserable human being

How come you see him as a "miserable human being"?

is just my opinion, but he seems to always try hard to look cool or smart or intelligent and i might be very stupid, not cool and dumb but i only see him as miserable.

he just doesn't seem happy with anything, or tries to portray that image... even Cobain, as genuine as he was looked better

if he hates his life that much he should try something else, flipping burgers or working at a car wash, but he doesn't seem happy being a rock star

again is just my opionion Whazup, is nothing personal. Jerry Cantrell, now that's a genius

If you think Vedder doesn't look happy with what he does, you've never seen him live.

• 2 weeks later...

After Guns, my favorite 80's band is Tesla. Good to see people sticking up for them!

As far as the claim goes, I'll wait until the show airs to comment. Hard to watch that show though, those guy come off quite phony/sleazy & creepy. :tongue2:

Tesla was my favorite band till AFD came out..........their first 2 albums were great - but their 3rd kinda sucked

Telsa needs to get on a boat with the rest of the washed up 80's bands and sail far, far away.

Some people would say that about Guns. Show a little respect. Telsa was a solid band.

I guess so was Slaughter..Poison,Warrant,Mr. Big and all the other 80's garbage that time has rightfully buried. The whole fucking scene was a disgrace to rock n roll.

Too put Tesla in the same category as Slaughter, poison, Warrant and Mr Big shows quite a bit of ignorance; not even close :thumbsup:

Here is what Slash says about this:

I heard that one of the guys from Tesla claimed GNR stole "Patience" from them. I'm assuming he's smoking super crack. Or dreaming out loud. Iii|; ),

about an hour ago via Text Message

And why Slash is even commenting about that ? He had nothing to do with this songs ( music was written by Izzy with Axl's lyrics) actually he hated that songs so much that he didn't want it to be released so he should shut up and play. Especially considering that he had stolen riffs to "Dirty Little Thing" and "Doctor Alibi"

Here is what Slash says about this:

I heard that one of the guys from Tesla claimed GNR stole "Patience" from them. I'm assuming he's smoking super crack. Or dreaming out loud. Iii|; ),

about an hour ago via Text Message

And why Slash is even commenting about that ? He had nothing to do with this songs ( music was written by Izzy with Axl's lyrics) actually he hated that songs so much that he didn't want it to be released so he should shut up and play. Especially considering that he had stolen riffs to "Dirty Little Thing" and "Doctor Alibi"

Please explain....I knew cancer was a fraud but not till that point!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103190 - about Dirty Little Things

and Doctor Alibi and Ramones "Main Man" have 100% the same riff that stealing in my dictionary listen to both song riffs are the same

It doesn't matter if the riffs are the same. To me, it's not stealing unless you can PROVE that the intent was to steal. Do you know how composition works? Alot of the time, you come up with something, think it's original and bad ass, record it and then find out somewhere down the line that you accidentally ripped something off. It happens all the time. That's how the subconscious works. So to me, you'd have to prove someone went "hey, that's a good riff...lets fucking steal it" before I'd say they were guilty...and I seriously doubt Slash, with all his money, would do something so pathetic.

It doesn't matter if the riffs are the same. To me, it's not stealing unless you can PROVE that the intent was to steal. Do you know how composition works? Alot of the time, you come up with something, think it's original and bad ass, record it and then find out somewhere down the line that you accidentally ripped something off. It happens all the time. That's how the subconscious works. So to me, you'd have to prove someone went "hey, that's a good riff...lets fucking steal it" before I'd say they were guilty...and I seriously doubt Slash, with all his money, would do something so pathetic.

also with DLT it's convenient to leave out that that is the one song Keith Nelson(Buckcherry) had a hand in writing...

• 2 years later...

Ok so I think I'll clear the air even though no one is going to believe me but here goes.

I created the song Patience... sung by GnR when I filled in for George Lynch on lead guitar in 1984 on Dokken's Tooth and nail tour...

If you know Don and can get in touch with him.... do it

The song was made up live... exactly the way Gnr does it right down to the wistle part.

Holy shit if you know anyone that lived in Tok Alaska in 1984 The big bear Inn (think that's what they called the place) was the place to be and who wouldn't have been to a bar gig by a band on tour.

The stop was not sheduled... they just showed up and played and George Lynch was stuck on the highway and that is how I got to fill in.

I also created One last Breath by Creed right there on the spot... it's the story of my suicide attempt in Vancover

Ok so I think I'll clear the air even though no one is going to believe me but here goes.

I created the song Patience... sung by GnR when I filled in for George Lynch on lead guitar in 1984 on Dokken's Tooth and nail tour...

If you know Don and can get in touch with him.... do it

The song was made up live... exactly the way Gnr does it right down to the wistle part.

Holy shit if you know anyone that lived in Tok Alaska in 1984 The big bear Inn (think that's what they called the place) was the place to be and who wouldn't have been to a bar gig by a band on tour.

The stop was not sheduled... they just showed up and played and George Lynch was stuck on the highway and that is how I got to fill in.

I also created One last Breath by Creed right there on the spot... it's the story of my suicide attempt in Vancover

Lol this is not even a little bit believable

Although if I heard Creed doing one of my tunes I would probably want to off myself too

Haven't read all 5 pages, but one thing I do remember back in the day when Telsa had a decent following and what not. They did an acoustic set, which was hugely successfull. I remember back then, they were one of the first to do this (a 'rock' band stripping their songs back acoustically). It got released and sold well. It's success some said was the blueprint for the load of unplugged session that followed.

I definately remember reading articles and interviews where they reckoned this impacted/opened up doors for the a) the unplugged movement and b) referencing it as something that helped songs like Patience be accepted.

These aren't quotes, but general gist of it. Which after 20 odd years, could easily evolve into the story it is now from them...being what OP witnessed. Entirely possible, surely you know pppl who tell a story that is essentially based on truth, over years it twists more and htey believe the bloated version more n' more.

WOuldn't be surprised if it was a case of this. Or something along these lines.

Interesting anyways. I'm sure someone will hit them up about it soon and ask for details.

To quote this thread revivers profile, and although I wish he understood paragraphs and sentences, if you can get through it, it's quite an interesting read...

"I wrote... or more precisely I created Patience (by Guns n Roses) and One Last Breath (Creed) live, on stage, when I filled in for George Lynch in Alaska when he was lead guitar player for Dokken. This was at a bar in the town of Tok, Alaska in 1984. It was an unscheduled stop when Dokken was touring North America (Tooth and Nail tour). There were probably about two hundred people in that bar which are witness to my creating these songs and I'm sure I will find someone who will remember and when I do... watch out Guns n Roses because I'm gonna sue your ass. New Orleans, 38 Years, Born on the water, Cordelia, Little Bones and there are four other songs the name of which I have sort of forgotten since I wrote them in 1984. One of the songs though is only three lines... I think. Rockstar, Far Away, Someday, By Nickelback. I really don't give a shit what anybody says I know I wrote these songs. As for Nickelback themselves... If you guys read this... If I remember correctly you got the original recording of these songs on a small mini cassette from one of those pocket recorders... the kind lawyers use to record client conversations instead of writing everything down. You see I wrote this song on a private jet on which there was only myself... a producer, his secretary and the pilot and staff. I used the mini cassette to show the beat of the song... there was no music... just my voice. Shine and With Arms Wide Open by Collective Soul were two other songs that I wrote and actually recorded in Little Mountain Studio in North Vancouver. What if? by Joan Osbourne, and If You Seek Amy were also recorded in Little Mountain. There are forty songs I wrote and left with a producer with specific instructions as to when, and to whom I wanted the songs released. Some songs were conditional on the band that was to release them adopting the name I had chosen for those songs. The Tragically Hip and Nickelback are two examples. The way I connected myself to the songs by The Tragically hip was through the song Born on the Water. As the title says...Born on the Water. This was simply a reference to the fact that I was an Aquarius. The other thing about the song is that my home town is Sault Ste Marie and hence the verse... Smart as the trees in Sault Ste Marie. I did this so that if I ran into trouble and ran into resistance by these artists when I revealed this all to the world I could at least make this correlation and although there are more than likely a thousand people that are Aquarius and from Sault Ste Marie... None of them can say and prove that they played for Dokken and that they also wrote Patience and One Last Breath, and that I'm sure will in the end give some Creedence (there's that word Creed) to what I am saying. There are more songs that are involved as I said and I will update shortly. Some of the songs I no longer even remember by name or otherwise but when a connection is made on these... they will all be revealed. Some I know but they're not at my fingertips while writing this. Now there are another series of songs that were written in January of 1985 and It was never my intention to get a cent from them. I fact I sent all 180 songs to a person that I believe was agent for Keith Urban... It might have even been his dad I just don't remember. At that time in my life I was the type of guy who no matter what, I would stand to defend the honor of a woman no matter of the type of woman. I looked at women as simply beautiful... no matter of size shape religion, ethnicity. To me it just didn't matter. The majority of these songs were songs dealing with women in general... relationships, love, beauty...etc. Those type of songs are in my opinion... the trademark of Keith Urban. My instruction to that person were that I wanted Keith urban to have all of these songs for a total of about twenty albums and that he could mix in some of his own material to complement the albums as he wanted. There wasn't even any specifics as to how the albums should be made up... at least as far as I can remember... Only that I wanted Keith to record them. Well... Apparently that never happened because Keith has obviously never released twenty albums over the last twenty five years. But the funny thing is there are so many songs that I hear when I'm listening to MTV or Much for the Canadians out there... and certainly the radio... That sound uncannily familiar. It's like when they say that a song was just released by a certain artist and for some reason I know the words already... but it's the first time I've heard it. So if there are any of you out there that are reading this and you work in the music industry and know some of these artists personally you might want to point them in this direction so they can read it for themselves. Any of the artists that are willing to come forward and actually admit that they never knew who wrote the song(s) or if they can admit that some of what I said could be true but they are not sure... Those artists might find that I would be willing to leave them out of any lawsuits I may file, when in fact I do make the connections to take it to the level of moving it to the courts. Any artists that want to deny and lie about where they got the songs (probably because they already lied and said they wrote it when they didn't and want to cover their asses so people don't see that they actually are liars) will feel the full wrath of any lawsuit... repayment of royalties... punitive damages...etc...etc.

I also wrote the entire album Asylum by Kiss, the entire album Corporate America by Boston."

:suspicious:

It is a fairly shameless rip actually. Essentially Izzy ripped off the opening chord sequence to Better Off Without You for, the opening chord sequence for the Patience outro. Perhaps not enough to claim a songwriting credit, which is probably why Tesla didn't sue in the '80s, but still a rip.