Slash R&FN'R

star

It still kicks ass. And yeah, Watch This is great! Like most of the songs.

I don't like By the Sword at all and never did. Besides Watch This, my favourite songs are Ghost and the songs with Alice, Iggy and Ozzy. The one with Lemmy is also pretty dope. Oh, hell, 90% of them are great!!

I'm happy to know Slash is going with just one singer for the next record. But the thing is, I'm not sure I like Myles Kennedy with Slash's playing. I guess it depends what they come up with together.

I do like the Slash album. I finally threw down for it (as I stated above) and am learning the songs right now as I type. I can't pick favorites so far. A lot of the songs are good. And I don't know what the hell it is about Adam Levine voice, but Maroon 5 has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I like "Gotten." The Ozzy song is sick too. Lyrics are a little cheese, but I heard Ozzy wrote it with Axl in mind, as in, Ozzy imagined himself being Slash and "Crucify the Dead" was basically what he thinks Slash would say to Axl. So in that way, it's almost like a response to "Sorry" or something.

I'm happy to see Slash is making another album, which more than likely will mean another tour. I missed him last time through Chicago and I'm extremely disappointed about that.

It is a great album. But I still hate the cover..!

I never liked the cover either. It looks too blurred. The blue SLASH logo looks good.

Cover or no cover, the audio rocks!

The only songs that really stuck with me at all are Ghost and By The Sword.

Those are my favorites off the album. Watch This and Crucify the Dead are great too. I do not really care for the songs Myles Kennedy did on the album, but I really enjoy his singing in general.

Expect Nothing to say,Promise me wich im hearing sometimes,the rest of the album i have already forgotten it,its time for slash to experiment more in the next album and i hope try to create a more fresh sound,just try to use another guitar(?),the classic old same les paul with the classic same old sound with the classic same generic solos dont work anymore,the fans wants music that will stuck in his head,not forgettable boring soings with 10 different vocalists.

The positive is that the new whole album will be with Myles only,and i think together they can do something good cause they fit musicaly n onstage.

At least ask Buckethead for some advice. :lol:

^ Wow, talk about different tastes! If you ask me, the songs with Alice, Iggy, Ozzy and Lemmy are the worst and By The Sword is the best.

Well, it's just a sign that there's something for everyone on the album :)

Edited by jekylhyde

Uh no...Slash's solo album sold more than all of Buckets albums together and his club shows are selling out so I guess some fans like the same old Gibson Guitar sound.....Slash doesn't need to make space noises on his guitar or chase fads his fans are happy with bare bones RnFnR

I dont think has to do with the sales,slash has the name even if he will do a bad album or whatelse to sold just cause its...slash,i like too the good old slash sound but not so when this sound becoming typical and generic,anyway im hoping something a little more fresh and different in the new album with myles.I just hope.. :rolleyes:

some great tunes on the album, but Slash got too much influenced by the guest artists, I mean, the song with Chris Cornell doesn't fit Slash's style, neither does Hold On or Crucify The Dead, in my opinion. He just let himself get dragged into their styles a bit too much. On top of that, The songs aren't nearly as heavy as the ones on Snakepit or Contraband. The heaviest song on the album is probably the one with M. Shadows, but then again, it sounds like a friggin' Avenged song, not a Slash song with M. shadows. Slash needs to know he's a bigger rockstar than 80% of those guests (with the exception of Ozzy, Lemmy and Iggy), they need to adjust to his playing. Anyways, my favorite song is Ghost, then comes Dr.Alibi and We're All Gonna Die.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I've had Slash's record in constant rotation in my car since it arrived in the mail. I actually like it a lot. It's crazy I didn't pick it up sooner. My buddy was in town (old school Gn'R fan when he was a kid) and he heard the album all weekend when we were driving around. He had to go out and buy it.

A few might be put off because some of the songs don't "sound like Slash," but that's OK. Now I eagerly await his upcoming record and I'm happy he's collaborating with just one singer.

My favorite song on RnFNR is "Promise." That thing kicks all kinds of ass.

I like "Ghost," "Back from Cali," "Nothing to Say," "Starlight," "Saint is a Sinner." Shit, I like almost everything. The one song I haven't listened to much at all is "Beautiful Dangerous." Fuck Fergie.

At least ask Buckethead for some advice.

Uh no...Slash's solo album sold more than all of Buckets albums together and his club shows are selling out so I guess some fans like the same old Gibson Guitar sound.....Slash doesn't need to make space noises on his guitar or chase fads his fans are happy with bare bones RnFnR

At one point did he bring up sales? He didn't he's speaking about the quality or lack of music...

Relevance ?

DJ Ashba's album is the number 1 hard rock album on the billboard charts ( and 5th on the general charts ) as we speak. Doesn't mean it's awesome... :no:

And I wouldn't call Slash's solo album "bare bones RnFnR" lol...