This Rio show was a complete DISASTER

D..

Well this totally sucks big time! What the hell is going on?

I was so excited about finally getting a US tour and now I have this lump in the pit of my stomach that it won't happen yet again.

I can't believe Axl would fuck up so badly. I mean the guy has always been a perfectionist, what the fuck happened?

Someone mentioned drugs! God, I hope not, that would suck.

I don't pretend to know what's going on personally with Axl, but I really thought he got his shit together since the last European and Asian tours were pretty successful.

I can't believe he would be freaking out aboutt he US tour. That would be stupid.

How was the crowd? Did anyone boo or shout anything?

Axl didn't apoligize or even say anything about anything that was happening? This is not good news at all.

My family and I will still go to the GNR show on NOvember 5 in Dallas unless the whole US tour is yet again cancelled.

I really hope Axl was having a very bad night and gets his shit together before the US tour begins at the end of the month.

I'm very sad to hear about this. I really came on hear to hear nothing but good news and how awesome Axl and GNR were but I'm very disappointed by this news.

I'm sorry for the 75,000 fans who have always come out in Rio to support GNR.

I hope Axl isn't to the point of not caring about his fans, because I think that would be the end of him and GNR for good.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all the critics here are fucking crazy. I watched the whole stream live and thought it fucking rocked! sure there were problems with the singing, but you know what? axl ALWAYS has vocal issues when playing live. he had always sounded bad and if you don't beleive me go watch some UYI stuff.

I am more disappointed about not getting new songs... like WTF gnr :fuckyou:

Edited by nambis

Axl didn't apoligize or even say anything about anything that was happening?

i can see where you'd be shocked, but no, he didn't. :rofl-lol:

I'm very sad to hear about this. I really came on hear to hear nothing but good news and how awesome Axl and GNR were but I'm very disappointed by this news.

i suggest you try htgth.

I didn't think it was the train wreck that many thought it was. I feel really bad for the guys though. Axl did seem distracted by something at times, definitely some technical challenges, Ron all busted up, and the pouring rain. Bad night. But I can't judge the sound by that feed. I tend to lean towards the comments from those who were there.

Hoping it's all uphill from here.

I don't think he knows how to deal with failure very well actually.

I mean, it's kinda scary watching him during November Rain.

He forgot the lyrics. Well, yes, too bad, maybe some rehearsing with the band would have prevented that from happening, but no big deal. Yet his face suddenly darkned, he started staring into the void, and he was no longer the same for the rest of the show.

His face during the beginning of Paradise City, man, you can almost hear him think "Wow...Where am I ? What just happened ? What now ?"

I picture him as a very perfectionist, yet lazy and unprofessional, but also vulnerable person and yesterday, he exposed himself in ways he clearly wasn't comfortable with.

Was sad now that I've seen the show again.

Hopefully he doesn't let this show fuck him up too badly and I hope he learned the lesson ( he CLEARLY felt like something was wrong, you can clearly see it from the look on his face ) and maybe he'll rehearse more in the future ( if there's one ).

A perfectionist, yet lazy? That's odd. Most people I know that I'd classify as perfectionists work very hard, they're just never satisfied.

Regardless, I agree, he seemed to be upset with himself during NR. Then again, the piano sounded off and perhaps he was pissed about that as well.

Being upset with himself shows that he does care about his performance level. Hopefully, he can use this as motivation for the rest of the LA tour and the US tour.

Ali

Don¨t like it when Axl looks old, bloated and gets winded..

God he sounds like Vince Neil now.

Let's face it Axl or any other musician isn't going to look and sound the same as he did when he was 25, but like many of you said, he can work out and practice and keep his voice in good shape.

Damn, I hope Axl just had an off night, but since many of you have said the weather was bad maybe that contributed to the mess.

But then again they played for 2 and a half hours and I'd say that's awesome.

For all the bands I've seen throughout my life most of the bands of the 70's played for over 2 hours even if they got onstage late, but nowadays you're lucky if they play and hour and a half and do one song for an encore. I'd say considering the horrible weather, Axl and gNR still gave their fans over 2 hours of songs.

Either way, I am going to the GNR show.

Let's face it Axl or any other musician isn't going to look and sound the same as he did when he was 25, but like many of you said, he can work out and practice and keep his voice in good shape.

Exactly.

I mean, look at Fortus. He's only 5 years younger than Axl.

Did you see how this guy looks and moves in comparison ?

Wow, I almost felt sorry for Axl during Patience, he looked like he was going to cry. I couldn't believe it when he actually moaned "i'm getting really pissed now", and then to just stand there for the rest of the song, again, wow, not good.

November rain was an abomination, what an embarrassment, it was hard to watch, and then for the whole band to absolutely lose it due to Axl's mumlbing and singing the wrong words, jeez. Such a shame because it's such an amazing song.

Estranged was a great addition, I don't think Axl sounded great on it, I don't have many complaints about the band though in this song, can't wait to hear it when Axl's in better form. What a treat, I wasn't expecting that. Thanks Ax.

Sorry sounded good however, and so did Axl in parts, I don't mind the helium voice, it sounds great on alot of songs.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear that he didn't rehearse, the jokes about him rolling off the couch to perform at this show are pretty funny and don't appear to be that far off the mark considering the evidence.

Going to watch Estranged again now.

all the critics here are fucking crazy. I watched the whole stream live and thought it fucking rocked! sure there were problems with the singing, but you know what? axl ALWAYS has vocal issues when playing live. he had always sounded bad and if you don't beleive me go watch some UYI stuff.

Truth

he's always sounded bad, and that's why you're fans?

Exactly.

Yeah, but I think that's a bad comparison. Fortus is extremely fit and is not the average for men his age. Axl could certainly improve his conditioning, but to me Fortus is more the exception, not the rule.

Ali

Exactly.

Dude, I'm not saying Axl works out or dedicates himself to training for his performances, but... it's more than just working out, people age differently. Axl's developed a certain weigh control problem. Many people have difficulty staying in good shape, and have tendencies for weigh gain... If I don't work out and stay in diets, I balloon up like a pregnant woman, my brother eats like fuck and he's got much more ease stabling his weigh.... That might be a portion of Axl's 'problem'. Just saying.

Truth

He hasn't always sounded bad. Over the past 10 years he has gone down hill. The Rio gig just might be the end of the road, unless Axl gets help. November Rain was embarrassingly bad. He just didn't seem have any form of focus. Maybe he would have rather have been tucked up in bed, rather singing in the rain and that time in the morning after missing a flight. What a way to start to a tour.

Edited by star

Exactly.

Yeah, but I think that's a bad comparison. Fortus is extremely fit and is not the average for men his age. Axl could certainly improve his conditioning, but to me Fortus is more the exception, not the rule.

Ali

Its true,Fortus is a fitness freak,as much athlete as musician.Still Axl should not be a bloated train wreck.

Truth

i'm a fan because the GNR albums have good songs on them.... but the truth is that Axl has never sounded great live. i still go to shows though and have seen the band live 7 or 8 times, starting in 1992.

In their later years the Beatles sounded like shit live, too, which is why they stopped playing live all together. does that mean I don't like the beatles? LOL

Exactly.

Ali

Its true,Fortus is a fitness freak,as much athlete as musician.Still Axl should not be a bloated train wreck.

First, I don't think Axl's weight appears to be blatantly any different than 2010. Second, I'm not saying Axl should not make an effort to condition himself. I'm just saying holding him up to Fortus is a bit unfair. Fortus is exceptionally fit for a man his age.

Ali

Truth

Actually the truth is here, here is your UYI stuff =) Do you still say after hearing this Axl sounded bad? =)

Still Axl should not be a bloated train wreck.

Exactly. He's starting to look like a bloated Leif Garrett. I wouldn't be our business if he still put on a good show, but it's ruining the shows we're paying to see, making him gasp and forget lines instead of singing the songs correctly.

Edited by sofine11

That was one of the worst performances I have seen in a while, very cringe worthy. Weather or not Axl sucked, which is sad because I though the rest of the band had a hell of a performance given the pissing down rain.

Time for Axl to smarten the fuck up and get prepared both musically and physically.

The worst part will be if/when Axl goes home and does absolutely nothing from now until when the tour begins. After last night he should've realized that he should rehearse with the band a few times before they start touring and maybe go back and get the CD booklets from Appetite, UYI and Lies so that he can reread his lyrics. How else would he expect things to get any better? If he just keeps winging it it's like a slap in the face to the fans that are paying their hard earned money to go see GNR that Axl is basically using the first few weeks of the tour to work out all the kinks and essentially treat it as a rehearsal with the band.

This isn't the first time Axl has turned up un-prepared in Rio either. 20 years ago. Didn't Axl even joke about that show being a rehearsal in front of 150k fans? There were misplaced lyrics in that show aswell, sad that we have gone from the stunning '01 show to this, maybe they'll get it right again in 2021.

Folks, Axl clearly is not one of them folks who ages well.

Sure, maybe if he stopped being a night owl, big eater, and drinker, it will help him stay in shape, but more than anything, it is a genetics issue. Axl clearly does not have the athletic fit genes.

Because of Axl's shape, he was not equipped to handle the heavy downfall of rain. As the show went on, the rain was clearly having an effect him.

You try peforming in heavy rain for more than an hour and lets see how well you do!

And you can't expect that Axl is going to *train* for his concerts, like a boxer trains for his matches months in advance. That's just not him.

The way Axl prepares for touring is by actually touring. But because Axl did not have to worry about performing any NEW songs, Axl obviously felt it was unnecessary to have warm-up shows like he did in 2006.

Axl basically was not ready for the unexpected rain. The heavy rain threw Axl off his game.

But he should have no problem bouncing back.