DJ Just Said "Alot of suprises for the LA show"

AxlIsGod.

Im interested to know what they have in mind but speculating gets your hopes up. whatever it is im sure there will be enough of us geeking out and a fair share going WTF?! that was it? i think in a way theres a few of us here just as annoying as those brazilian spammers trying to "request" things. just my opinion. Whatever they do ill be happy

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coma is overrated.

really?!

In fact, I've always thought the exact opposite

IMO, Coma is one of the most thought provoking, lyrically challenging, melodic masterpieces that I've ever heard.

+1. When I first got into GNR I'd often skip Coma cause it was very long and I felt it really dragged on but now I find myself putting it on and playing it on repeat often. I love that song, the lyrics are amazing once you actually take your time to really listen to them, there's a few parts in there I can relate to and I love that Axl goes through all these emotions in it, like when he sings "when all I needed was some clarity and for someone to tell me what the fuck is going on, GODDAMNIT!" and then the "I wish you could see this cause there's nothing to see, it's peaceful here and it's fine with me, not like the world where I used to live, I never really wanted to live". He goes from frustration to be at peace etc, it's brilliant imo. I really fucking love this song! :lol::wub:

Question: Is it Axl's real heartbeat you hear in the song? Did they record and use his actual heartbeat in the song? The reason I thought of this was because I listened to "Smooth Criminal" the other day (right after Coma) and it's Michael Jackson's actual heartbeat you hear in the beginning of SC.

Sorry for going off topic, it just made me wonder.

I know this thread's about the LA show but no one answered my question in the "DJ video chat" thread so I'm gonna try and ask here: For those of you who participated in the chat did DJ say there might be a European tour in 2012 or did he say there would be? Cause some people have said he said might and others said he said there would be like it was certain a tour is gonna happen so what exactly did he say? Anyone knows?

The guys in the band knows the fans have favorite Illusion era songs... they know Coma, Locomotive, and Estranged are on that list. But what a hell of a hard song at the end to sing. It's another "WTF was I thinking when I recorded that" but one that he should pull out every now and then. Not a hard song to play, but you need to be a rapid fire motherfucker like Eminem to keep up with it. The only song harder than that is Rush's "Hemispheres", which I don't think has ever been done live from beginning to end.

That's what makes Axl a unique vocalist - the range, the rasp, and the rapid fire delivery from time to time.

The guys in the band knows the fans have favorite Illusion era songs... they know Coma, Locomotive, and Estranged are on that list. But what a hell of a hard song at the end to sing. It's another "WTF was I thinking when I recorded that" but one that he should pull out every now and then. Not a hard song to play, but you need to be a rapid fire motherfucker like Eminem to keep up with it. The only song harder than that is Rush's "Hemispheres", which I don't think has ever been done live from beginning to end.

That's what makes Axl a unique vocalist - the range, the rasp, and the rapid fire delivery from time to time.

Not to get too far off topic, but Rush has played all of Hemispheres live, on the Hemispheres tour. They played Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres back-to-back.

Question: Is it Axl's real heartbeat you hear in the song? Did they record and use his actual heartbeat in the song? The reason I thought of this was because I listened to "Smooth Criminal" the other day (right after Coma) and it's Michael Jackson's actual heartbeat you hear in the beginning of SC.

Sorry for going off topic, it just made me wonder.

No, it's not Axl's real heartbeat. It would have to be the same tempo as the song, and if Axl can control his heartbeat like a metronome, then... dayum!

I feel kind of frustrated that after all this time they haven't played any new song. Not even a little preview, not even a jam. Until when? :thumbsdown:

They played new jams... Obviouly we don't know if they are new songs or just jams...

I'm pretty sure they are just jams. The one before November Rain is always Another Brick in the Wall now. The ones before Madagascar and Paradise City have the same chord progressions as the songs they are leading into.

We have, though, heard The General. It was used as an intro to the show a couple times a few years ago. And Axl used to play Prostitute before November Rain before it was released. But we know the songs he plays now are just Elton John songs.

No, it's not Axl's real heartbeat. It would have to be the same tempo as the song, and if Axl can control his heartbeat like a metronome, then... dayum!

actually they could just speed up or slow down the tape of the recorded heartbeat .... i have no idea on who the heartbeat belongs to ?