Am I the only one who prefers Ron solo in Catcher?

Georgy Zhukov

Not at all. I love Ron's solo. It kind of touched on what Brian did but took it a step further. Brian is amazing but he's done far better solos than what he did in Catcher.

I know that some feel that the simplicity of his (Brian's) Catcher solo is what made it awesome and fit the song, which I understand, but Bumblefoot's is more exciting.

Love Ron but Brian's solo was sublime. Miss it.

Brian's felt more integrated and melodic, it flows so well. Ron's is good but it fights for the spotlight with Axl's vocals instead of complimenting them like May's solo does.

Edited by Demon Wolf

I prefer the rhythm on the demo - there's a very cool lead by Robin (left channel) at the ending before May's ending solo. I miss that a lot. Aside from that, the album version is far superior IMHO.

I prefer Brian's solo. I'm also not at all a fan of Ron's fretless stuff at the beginning. CITR is the only song where I prefer them demo over the final version.

What fretless at the beginning?

I prefer the rhythm on the demo - there's a very cool lead by Robin (left channel) at the ending before May's ending solo. I miss that a lot. Aside from that, the album version is far superior IMHO.

I prefer Brian's solo. I'm also not at all a fan of Ron's fretless stuff at the beginning. CITR is the only song where I prefer them demo over the final version.

What fretless at the beginning?

I was wondering the same... there's no fretless at the beginning. I know you mentioned the rhythm on the left and it's nice, indeed, but the solo makes the loss understandable imo :xmassrudolph:

Btw can you send me the demo version? I think I lost it - and all of the demos :(

It seems odd Ron's outro almost drowned out the more powerful lyrics of the song and Axl was ok with that. I always thought that kind of them would make him whine, but he's not a diva, he just wants to make a good song. I think the outro makes the song sound more powerful.