Adding a New Old Song to the Set

axlsalinger

If GNR decides to add another older song to the set this summer (ie. from Appetite, Lies, UYI, Spaghetti), what would you like to hear? New songs don't count for this discussion, consider it a given that we all want to hear unreleased tracks.

I've been listening to UYI 1 a lot lately, now 'Don't Damn Me' and 'Bad Apples' are 2 of my favourite GNR songs ever so I'd love to hear 'em, but they are not songs that were played even in the old days, so they seem unlikely.

I have re-discovered 'Bad Obsession' lately and have been playing it a lot. Absolutely LOVE Axl's vocal tone on this track, it's kind of like the sequel to 'Mr. Brownstone' in a way and it's a cool track, one they used to do a lot live, so I think I would vote for either 'Bad Obsession' or 'Yesterdays'.

What would you like to see played?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really like to hear Coma or Pretty tied up.

But there are a lot of other songs too, like Dead horse, Think about you, My Michelle, and you already mentioned Bad obsession and Yesterdays.... It's very hard to pick just one.

I've heard Think about you and My Michelle live a couple of times but I want them again ;)

Edited by RocketQueenGNR

You're right... wont ever happen. Id love to c em do the acoustic couch set. Give axl a breather. Can sing a cpl acoustic tunes while sitting ..

They should do a full "greatest hits" tour, based on all albums except CD. It'd be a success because most people out there just wanna see a nostalgia act (even without Slash). :confused:

Worst idea I've heard...

I'd love to hear Coma and Locomotive but that's just not realistic, I don't think. Think about you, yesterdays, or dead horse would all be awesome. Their cover of Hair of the Dog came on shuffle the other night. I'd forgotten how much I like their version of that. Might not be bad to hear.

They should do a full "greatest hits" tour, based on all albums except CD. It'd be a success because most people out there just wanna see a nostalgia act (even without Slash). :confused:

Most people don't even know what Pretty Tied Up or Don't Damn Me is. Mix in CD tracks and they probably won't even notice.

Also, how about Back Off Bitch?

Edited by Flayer

Breakdown

Locomotive

Right Next Door To Hell

Move To The City

Nice Boys

Pretty Good Year

14 Years

Coma

Used To Love Her

Also, there's still a few CD songs that they seem to ignore. I know Axl struggles with TWAT, but how about adding Catcher In The Rye to the setlist again???

Edited by Towelie

Breakdown

Locomotive

Right Next Door To Hell

Move To The City

Nice Boys

Pretty Good Year

14 Years

Coma

Used To Love Her

Also, there's still a few CD songs that they seem to ignore. I know Axl struggles with TWAT, but how about adding Catcher In The Rye to the setlist again???

Never thought of 14 years, it'd be interesting to hear it with Stinson...