What's stopping you from paying to join GNR's official forum and fanclub?

ITW 2012

I think we will get more in the future. It's just the beginning so I believe they have to figure things out.

Maybe early acces at shows, hopefully meet&greet, livestream/on demand, collectibles etc etc... A lot is possible.

Btw, they're doing contests and right now you can win a signed poster if I'm right (it's 2.15am here so my head's not that clear anymore ;))

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that's the place band members will go to chat with forum members. With that forum up, it's hard to believe Dexter will chat with us again. Plus, that's the place for setlist requests and new album demands, that's for sure!

I imagine that's the place band members will go to chat with forum members. With that forum up, it's hard to believe Dexter will chat with us again. Plus, that's the place for setlist requests and new album demands, that's for sure!

I think you're right, the guys and also Axl will interact with the fans there.

Actually it all made more sense when I saw your Avatar. I can see now that in some places people might think wearing a bandanna would be a good idea.

By the way I wasnt trolling. You paranoid fucks have made it appear so.

Lol I actually wasn't accusing you. Just having fun. More of a poke at volcano anyway. But I am still trying to decipher your opinion on bandanas.

Edited by Flayer

Jeez... No one is forcing anyone to join the fan club. GN'R finally got a great website with news, photos, videos, discography etc. Also, the online store is being worked hard on as we speak, it's next in line to be launched. The band will most likely offer a stream from one of the upcoming shows.

But still... GN'R is charging $30 to join their fan club!!! Oh-My-GOD! Don't like it, don't pay. The complaining and over-analyzing borders to obscurity right now.

GN'R launches a new website.. What will be the hottest topic of conversation in mygnr-land? Fans being upset about having to pay for the fan club - of course.

What are you going on about? The question, clearly, was "What's stopping you from paying?" As in, what would it take for you to want to pay? Constructive.

Ok, I could've posted it in the website thread maybe. It's been pretty much the same topic of discussion there, meaning the fan club.

I also wouldn't mind if they added some more priviliges to the fan club members of course. I signed up myself and thought it was a fair price. The point I was trying to make is that if you don't think the deal is any good (some have said the forum will probably be crap) and have no interest in the stuff you get, what's the problem then?

If the band decides to add something of interest for the members in the future, the people sitting on the fence will buy it then. I don't see what the big deal is.

Again, I see that my first post probably could've been posted in the other thread, but I can't say most of the posts in this thread could be described as 'constructive'. The same goes for mine I guess :P

The band is money hungry. It's ridiculous to think I'm gonna pay $30 or whatever the fuck it costs to basically get nothing substantial in return. This band has a reputation of never releasing anything, never giving us news. The only privilege I see happening for the memberships is presale codes or something for concert tickets.

As others said, if we got downloads or cool memorabilia or SOMETHING, then it would be different. But why would I wanna join a message board where you KNOW you'll get banned unless you're stroking someone's cock?

This exactly! At the end of the day we've seen positive things lately but no hint of new music which is what it would take to get me to even consider paying for membership. The forum is likely to be like HTGTH censorship wise too which will make the whole thing pointless. Also what's the point of having a pre-sale password when tickets for every show for years have still been available on the day of the show?

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

The band is money hungry. It's ridiculous to think I'm gonna pay $30 or whatever the fuck it costs to basically get nothing substantial in return. This band has a reputation of never releasing anything, never giving us news. The only privilege I see happening for the memberships is presale codes or something for concert tickets.

As others said, if we got downloads or cool memorabilia or SOMETHING, then it would be different. But why would I wanna join a message board where you KNOW you'll get banned unless you're stroking someone's cock?

This exactly! At the end of the day we've seen positive things lately but no hint of new music which is what it would take to get me to even consider paying for membership. The forum is likely to be like HTGTH censorship wise too which will make the whole thing pointless. Also what's the point of having a pre-sale password when tickets for every show for years have still been available on the day of the show?

These two posts. Period.