2012/05/19 Capital FM Arena, Nottingham UK

Lawzy

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Or perhaps we should just be able to wear any shirt? I cannot remember any other band having this issue where wearing clothing depicting past members was an issue.

I didn't imply there should be a policy regarding dress did I? I'm simply questioning the motivations of those who choose to wear specifically Slash themed t-shirts, in Dublin I saw a Slash & Friends t-shirt, what does Slash & Friends have to do with Guns N' Roses or CD? I think it's idealistic to believe anybody wears Slash items as a form of 'celebration'.

Axl & Slash continue to be publicly embroiled in a bitter feud like no other in music, what logic is there in Slash apparel at a show which is the complete antithesis of Slash (what Slash himself views to be an illegitimate continuation of GN'R)? I wouldn't wear a CD or Axl tee to a Slash gig if I were to ever attend one because it would be inciteful & irrelevant.

Is this a half-arena setup? Kinda looks like it in the side shot...

"axl dont like it if u video for sometime but take as many pics as u want"

That was told from supervisor of venue security.

Yet again its security panicing i believe

At least they're cool with pictures! :thumbsup:

Or perhaps we should just be able to wear any shirt? I cannot remember any other band having this issue where wearing clothing depicting past members was an issue.

I didn't imply there should be a policy regarding dress did I? I'm simply questioning the motivations of those who choose to wear specifically Slash themed t-shirts, in Dublin I saw a Slash & Friends t-shirt, what does Slash & Friends have to do with Guns N' Roses or CD? I think it's idealistic to believe anybody wears Slash items as a form of 'celebration'.

Axl & Slash continue to be publicly embroiled in a bitter feud like no other in music, what logic is there in Slash apparel at a show which is the complete antithesis of Slash (what Slash himself views to be an illegitimate continuation of GN'R)? I wouldn't wear a CD or Axl tee to a Slash gig if I were to ever attend one because it would be inciteful & irrelevant.

You think that nobody who comes to see GNR today is also a Slash fan?

What was the last GNR merchandise you saw with Ron on it? What about Fortus? Ashba? Finck? Buckethead?

What was the last GNR merchandise you saw with Ron on it? What about Fortus? Ashba? Finck? Buckethead?

The same could be said for all GN'R members. When's the last time you saw an official GN'R produced shirt with Duff? Steven? Matt? Tommy? AXL? I've seen non-official ones but Slash is the only one who was ever 'marketable.' That's kinda why you either see GN'R shirts with Axl or Slash.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I'm sure there are lots of other artists members of the audience are into; but the vast majority choose to wear a GN'R shirt rather than a Slash, Metallica or Robbie Williams tee.

There's a band shot tee in circulation, a tour programme with all the current players etc. But that's irrelevant, wear a Guns N' Roses t-shirt, or a tee displaying a current member. Fact is Slash, in the context of Guns N' Roses spanning the last decade, is completely irrelevant.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR