Guns N' Roses - Birmingham LG Arena (26/05/12)

SMG

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope he's saving it for the stream (doubt it) might aswell give it up if he has'nt got the passion anymore, very stale, feel so sorry for the other band mates, they must be getting bored. Come on Axl freshen it up abit for your loyal fans.

Let's hope he's saving it for the stream (doubt it) might aswell give it up if he has'nt got the passion anymore, very stale, feel so sorry for the other band mates, they must be getting bored. Come on Axl freshen it up abit for your loyal fans.

I agree, they must be getting bored! Time to "Move On"

Bunch of whiners.

Be happy that they're actually touring and that this isn't the silent years from 2003 - 2005.

This. So few bands mix up their setlist at all, so there's no reason to complain over that.

Hell, 2003-2005 was a cake walk. Try being a 14-16 year old kid in 1994 and your favourite band said they were going on a short hiatus and would soon be back with a new album.

Anyone thinking 2003-2005 was a bleak period obviously did not live through the devastation of 1994-2001 (with the brief moment of hope when "Oh My God" was released).

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Bunch of whiners.

Be happy that they're actually touring and that this isn't the silent years from 2003 - 2005.

This. So few bands mix up their setlist at all, so there's no reason to complain over that.

Hell, 2003-2005 was a cake walk. Try being a 14-16 year old kid in 1994 and your favourite band said they were going on a short hiatus and would soon be back with a new album.

Anyone thinking 2003-2005 was a bleak period obviously did not live through the devastation of 1994-2001 (with the brief moment of hope when "Oh My God" was released).

Cheers,

Andrew

Exactly!!! Couldn't agree more.

Bunch of whiners.

Cheers,

Andrew

I was 9 in 1994, so yeah, I can't really comment.

Bunch of whiners.

Be happy that they're actually touring and that this isn't the

silent years from 2003 - 2005.

Hell, 2003-2005 was a cake walk. Try being a 14-16 year

old kid in 1994 and your favourite band said they were going on a short hiatus and would soon be back with a new album.

Anyone thinking 2003-2005 was a bleak period obviously

did not live through the devastation of 1994-2001 (with the brief moment of hope when "Oh My God" was released).

Cheers,

Andrew

Ha ! Well said dude. I was 21 at the time when GnR went missing and imploded. I entered a deep clinical depression soon after !!! :)

Lived through both and I think 2003 was the most painful for me.

In 2002 there was a feeling of "oh shit GN'R is back" then the plug got pulled. It kinda came out of nowhere.

Don't get me wrong the dead years/96 was painful but things were rocky for awhile and drawn out. They kinda broke up a piece at a time.

Just got back to my hotel room (very glad to see the bar was still open when I got back). What can I say - another great show, even better than Nottingham last week - we got Whole Lotta Rosie (which wheren't pkayed in Notts) plus they came on stage earlier - around 10:15. Great set and performances, no sound issues that I could tell, Axl could be heard clearly throughout, even when he talked to the crowd. The crowd were great (minus one arsehole who started a fight with a girl...during SCOM, of all songs). Though I don't think I've seen so many people ask to be taken over the barrier to get to the back due to exhaustion as I did tonight! Great crowd though, very lively and I got pretty damn close to the front. Managed to pick up Richard's guitar pick at the end too. First time to the LG arena (and Birmingham)n and although it's a pain due to being out of the city centre, it was a really good venue, will try and make more gigs here again in the future.

As for the setlist moaners: it was still great. I went into these 2 gigs pretty much expecting the same set each time (was glad to get Rosie and Patience tonight though), but I still had a great time on both nights! Just a shame I couldn't afford to go to the Manchester gig too!

Lived through both and I think 2003 was the most painful for me.

In 2002 there was a feeling of "oh shit GN'R is back" then the plug got pulled. It kinda came out of nowhere.

Don't get me wrong the dead years/96 was painful but things were rocky for awhile and drawn out. They kinda broke up a piece at a time.

I hear what you're saying and I don't mean to co-opt this thread by continuing this discussion (though I guess I'm apparently about to), but at least in 2003-2005 there was new music to listen to and a rejuvenation of hope. I listened to Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and "The Blues" for awhile, and I believe it was during this time that IRS was leaked.

In 1994-2001 there was literally nothing, we didn't know what Axl even looked like or had any motivation to return to the world of rock music. 2003-2005 was easier to swallow as we at least had new music, the band had just toured, and the public had some sense of what the album might sound like. As disappointing as it was to see the tour cut and the lights go out for a little while, it was definitely a far less painful time to be a GNR fan than during the bleak mid and late 90s.

Cheers,

Andrew

P.S. Glad to hear the show was a success and those that went had a great time!

Bunch of whiners.

There are also not many bands who play the same setlist during 2 years.

if slash, duff, izzy, steven adler, and matt sorum were in guns n roses....no one would have a problem with the setlist each night. but they're not in the band. dj ashba and bumblefoot are the live band with axl rose. many have a problem of the nu guys mostly doing songs in a set which are not their own. why many in the media call the current guys a great cover band of classic guns n roses hits for 3 plus hours on stage

Reported for bashing.

evergreen_troll Reported as well

Edited by iftheworld

Reported for bashing.

you sound like a freaking nazi, people cant complain now?

Reported for bashing.

you sound like a freaking nazi, people cant complain now?

Reported