Private GIG tonight - St.Tropez, France!

Silent Jay

Izzy didn't like how big GnR got in the early 90's. Now he's playing with 'em at a wedding. Seems right.

Guns N' Roses was extremely bloated back when Izzy quit, I guess he likes the current, leaner version better. Still, I am sure he wouldn't be comfortable being a part of the current tour full-time, occasional guest appearances seem to suit him better.

He did man up. He showed up for work. He's in incredible pain, still showed up, and vented, for only a couple of moments. Big deal.

Why can't Ron speak his own mind? You can he can't?

to be fair... Ron started this w/ his first tweet regarding "nails in the coffin" (prior to knowing about the private gig) this is not the first time at the end of a tour he has tweeted cryptic messages. He knows tweeting shit like that will get fans all fired up. Then starts tweeting about integrity and BS like that. Honestly I have an issue with comments like that, if you have an issue with management be a pro and talk to them about it. Talk to Axl about it, dont air your dirty laundry. If your neck hurts, say your neck hurts and you need treatment, not shit like "too many nails in the coffin" too much can be read into a comment like that

Talk to Axl about it? lollll.

Here's how Axl's response would go:

2:50

LOL... funny

Truth is, even if the concert must have KICKED ASS (especially due to Izzy being there), Axl and Izzy have left huge stains in my book. Axl for being a selfish asshole, and Izzy for flying to another continent to play at a wedding for money but not going to Cleveland to perform with his old friends.

People are surprised gnr did this?

They played over in Russia back in '10 at someones bday.

What surprised me the most is that Izzy performed with the band. Did he flew over from the States especially for this? I hope that he finally can put his problems with Axl aside and start writing songs with him.

Izzy toured with the band in 2006 and in this year in London. He isn't flying around the world to join his mate on stage, there is obviously a cash incentive for him as the guest. I thin Axl and Izzy have always remained friends, however he is NOT apart of the band and won't be involved in any writing.

Not that I disagree with but how do you know so much?

Well I was at the shows in 06 & this year in london. Axl asked izzy to come to the LA show before christmas, he wasn't at it, Axl made this clear in his HOF speech.

It's well documented that izzy left the band in 91, and when gilby broke his wrist, he filled back in 93 for a few shows for gilby. Axl was childhood friends with Izzy, so they go back longer than any other band member.

I think it's also common sense then to fly izzy over from the states that he going to be paid, considering every other artist on stage is being paid. Officially Izzy isn't Guns N' Roses so he won't be do doing any of the writing on any future stuff, I think Axl had a bit of a nightmare with the amount of artists that contributed to chinese democracy.

Truth is, even if the concert must have KICKED ASS (especially due to Izzy being there), Axl and Izzy have left huge stains in my book. Axl for being a selfish asshole, and Izzy for flying to another continent to play at a wedding for money but not going to Cleveland to perform with his old friends.

I think Izzy knew he was performing with GNR before the HOF ceremony, so he would have followed Axl.

Izzy hasn't made any contact in the public with Slash or anyone else except he spoke to Duff for saying he wouldn't turn up.

I reckon if Axl went, then Dizzy and Izzy would have turned up.

People are surprised gnr did this?

They played over in Russia back in '10 at someones bday.

What surprised me the most is that Izzy performed with the band. Did he flew over from the States especially for this? I hope that he finally can put his problems with Axl aside and start writing songs with him.

Izzy toured with the band in 2006 and in this year in London. He isn't flying around the world to join his mate on stage, there is obviously a cash incentive for him as the guest. I thin Axl and Izzy have always remained friends, however he is NOT apart of the band and won't be involved in any writing.

When did the London shows took place? 2 months ago?

Did it first now occur to you that Axl is an asshole?

How do you know that Izzy wasn't already in Europe? And why shouldn't playing with a good friend while earning money for your living be more important than to endure the drama of "reuniting" with some old friends at a silly award show?

EDIT: And what exactly is selfish about cramming in another show at a tour? For all we know he might have done it because his band mates wanted the extra money...

Edited by SoulMonster

How do you know that Izzy wasn't already in Europe? And why shouldn't playing with a good friend while earning money for your living be more important than to endure the drama of "reuniting" with some old friends at a silly award show?

EDIT: And what exactly is selfish about cramming in another show at a tour? For all we know he might have done it because his band mates wanted the extra money...

This forum is amazing.

"Fucking $lash, amirite, always playing gigs for money. You'd never see Axl doing that!"

::Axl plays a wedding for money::

"Well...HE NEEDS TO MAKE A LIVING YOU KNOW!"

Never change, Axl worshippers.

This forum is amazing.

"Fucking $lash, amirite, always playing gigs for money. You'd never see Axl doing that!"

::Axl plays a wedding for money::

"Well...HE NEEDS TO MAKE A LIVING YOU KNOW!"

Never change, Axl worshippers.

I have never had any problems with musicians using their skills to earn a living, and have never criticised Slash for playing gigs for money. In fact, I think that criticism is completely ridiculous. So nice try there, blockhead.

Edited by SoulMonster

Isnt it possible its actually BBF being selfish? What if everyone was in agreement to do the show and make extra cash except BBF? It may have been last minute and lets not forget these guys are on tour to make money EVERYONE including band members.

I doubt Izzy flew across the world last minute, I would bet he's been hanging around Europe and hanging with Axl here and there. But who knows??? I agree though I wish they all could have put their differences aside and played at the HOF, would have been epic.

This was the worst display of cash grabbing in GNR history. Playing a wedding for money is lame as all hell. Bringing in Izzy to play all those songs doesn't make it better - it makes it worst. It is obvious Izzy will travel just about anywhere in Europe for a pay day. I guess he is not as unreliable as people say when there are huge amounts of money involved. This summer Axl had one goal in mind and that was to make a shit load of money. Bravo Axl. You succeeded in that, but you still haven't buried Appetite oryour reliance on Slash's riffs to put on a show. GNR being a wedding band is absolute prostitution of the band name Guns N' Roses. What a disgrace.

Edited by SONOFABITCH

Bumblefoot ‏@bumblefoot

Wow. Diverted without info (or gear or clothes or sleep) to play a wedding in France. Yep. Guess it's not *one show left*...

Since Ron evidently was not aware of this show I would be surprised if any of the others had a clue....not to say they did not make $$$ but I would be surprised if they were consulted.

Edited by classicrawker

This was the worst display of cash grabbing in GNR history. Playing a wedding for money is lame as all hell. Bringing in Izzy to play all those songs doesn't make it better - it makes it worst. It is obvious Izzy will travel just about anywhere in Europe for a pay day. I guess he is not as unreliable as people say when there are huge amounts of money involved. This summer Axl had one goal in mind and that was to make a shit load of money. Bravo Axl. You succeeded in that, but you still haven't buried Appetite oryour reliance on Slash's riffs to put on a show. GNR being a wedding band is absolute prostitution of the band name Guns N' Roses. What a disgrace.

What will you do when someone offers you 10.000$ just to play a clown at a birthday party?

What will you do when someone offers you 10.000$ just to play a clown at a birthday party?

Since the tour is over, refer them to Jarmo.

What will you do when someone offers you $1.000.000 to spread your legs open for them? Prostitute anyone? Hypocrite comes to mind.

Edited by The Black

Since the tour is over, refer them to Jarmo.

Post of the year!

GnR had done it before. The problem is that Axl did it without Ron's knowledge of it and knowing he's got a back problem and is looking forward to the end of the tour to treat himself. The other biggest problem is Izzy being a hooker and flying to another continent for a wedding gig. C'mon Izzy...

What will you do when someone offers you $1.000.000 to spread your legs open for them? Prostitute anyone? Hypocrite comes to mind.

So a band playing a gig for money makes them a prostitute in your eyes? That's deep, man. I had no idea that every single band in music history are all hypocritical whores. Now i'm kind of pissed off though, I've paid money to go see bands live many many times over the years, and never even got a hand job.

I had lunch yesterday on the seafront in Valencia and half of Guns Roses walked in. Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Mrs. Bumblefoot, another girl, plus one or two others (a manager?). No Axl, Dizzy or Frank. They were talking a bit about St. Tropez. My girlfriend was annoyed because they got wipey hand towels with their paella and more mussels than us. They left at about 6 o'clock so I don't know what time they got to France. I'm old-school G N' R and to be honest I wouldn't have even recognised them if it weren't for the fact that Tommy Stinson had his all-access laminate hanging from his waist. If anyone's interested, they ordered sole for a first course, seafood paella for seconds. No desserts. Drinks were a mix of sparkling water, coke and beer. One of them ordered a gin n' tonic and Stinson was playing Hawaiian music on his iPhone using two plates to amplify the sound! Quite amusing seeing them chow down right next to me amongst none-the-wiser Spanish families.

Del James was with them and possibly this Jarmo Luukkonen dude. He was wearing a G N' R t-shirt. Hmmm...

Edited by hessy

You succeeded in that, but you still haven't buried Appetite oryour reliance on Slash's riffs to put on a show.

That's strange considering that the shows' been receiving great reviews. But I guess you just know better, heh.

Bumblefoot ‏@bumblefoot

Wow. Diverted without info (or gear or clothes or sleep) to play a wedding in France. Yep. Guess it's not *one show left*...

Since Ron evidently was not aware of this show I would be surprised if any of the others had a clue....not to say they did not make $$$ but I would be surprised if they were consulted.

Axl didn't necessarily need to talk with them before the show to know that they would like the extra income -- they could have had an agreement to take additional gigs when the tour started. I am not defending the fact that Axl's band mates seem to be left in the dark when it comes to GN'R plans -- I find that absolutely horrible and would never have accepted it myself -- just pointing out that Axl might have agreed to the gig because he knew they (well, most of them at least) would welcome one more gig and more income. In the very least, we don't know.