Band will play the album 'Appetite For Destruction' in its entirety?

auad

People comparing this to other bands playing entire albums are reaching for straws. Those situations are nothing close to being similar to Axl's current band.

No offence it is exactly the same situation.

Like Megadeth doing Rust In Peace last year.

That was the exactly same situation, Groghan.

I hang out at the Megadeth forum sometimes and this was not a problem. They were very excited and very greatful for the Rust In Peace anniversary gig.

GNR has some of the most annoying and pathetic "fans" on earth.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is a great example of why I hardly post here anymore. They announce more shows and people are complaining.

You are so right.

And all these complainers call themselves Guns N' Roses fans...

EVERYTHING is being complained about, I just can't believe my eyes...

Guns N' Roses: :thumbsup:

Complainers/so called fans: :fuckyou:

This thread is a great example of why I hardly post here anymore. They announce more shows and people are complaining.

You are so right.

Personally I would rather them release a new album and tour behind that album than fall more and more into the "nostalgia act" category.

I wonder how it's going to be like when DJ get's interviewed, or Bumblefoot get interviewed about this. I wonder how long their going to continue to play other music written by other artists. Sure, Axl was a part of the writing of Appetite, but he didn't write the lyrics, or the melodies. The opening riff of WTTJ wasn't written by Axl Rose. This is just them not moving on and continue to tour behind a legacy that was dead for a long time. The old GN'R is done, it's a new band, a new day. Unfortunately Axl seems to enjoy playing the old songs instead of letting this band show their talents in the studio. I wonder how long it'll be until Bumblefoot or DJ Ashba leave. Ashba said he came to GN'R to be a producer, to write songs. I don't see how long he'll stay while he continues to play songs written by other musicians.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

if they were just playing appetite itd be an hours gig if that...i guess theyll prob do chinese and few other tunes seriously guys this is guns who like 3 hour shows stop bitching and be glad they are playing id rather them gig then do fuck all, number 2 whos to say you wont get a surprise or 2

You are so right.

Personally I would rather them release a new album and tour behind that album than fall more and more into the "nostalgia act" category.

I wonder how it's going to be like when DJ get's interviewed, or Bumblefoot get interviewed about this. I wonder how long their going to continue to play other music written by other artists. Sure, Axl was a part of the writing of Appetite, but he didn't write the lyrics, or the melodies. The opening riff of WTTJ wasn't written by Axl Rose. This is just them not moving on and continue to tour behind a legacy that was dead for a long time. The old GN'R is done, it's a new band, a new day. Unfortunately Axl seems to enjoy playing the old songs instead of letting this band show their talents in the studio. I wonder how long it'll be until Bumblefoot or DJ Ashba leave. Ashba said he came to GN'R to be a producer, to write songs. I don't see how long he'll stay while he continues to play songs written by other musicians.

Come on, what about CD? That's a new album and they complain about it too....

The people on this forum never cease to amaze me. Why on earth are you here? Why would you spend hours or even minutes of your day on a forum complaining about something you can't stand, especially when that something is fronted by someone you apparently loathe? For real, I just don't get it?

Axl was a huge part of the success of AFD, no credit being taken from the other original members, they were extremely pivotal as well. Those lyrics and his persona are what gave the band their edge, both helped by the instrumentals from the other guys. There is no reason why Axl does not have a right to celebrate the 25 years that have passed since those songs were born by playing the album in their entirety. Bands break up, replace members, etc., it happens all the time. Believe me I was just as devastated as anyone when it actually happened BACK IN THE 90s!!!!

No one complains when one of the originals plays the AFD songs with their new band. Why bash Axl all the time, I just don't get it at all.

I am hoping to be at one of these shows and am very excited to be able to hear that AFD in its entirety, what a treat and something that they have never done before if I am not mistaken.

If many of your are so intent on bashing Axl's every move, I am pretty sure the other original members have websites that you could use to spread the hate on, right? You might be in better company there.

You are so right.

Great post, I agree

The funny thing is that if just Slash alone were to rejoin GNR right now without any of the other old guys,I could pretty much guarantee you would get hardly a negative post.Same with the press,if Slash was back there wouldn't be a word about an original lineup reunion.Thats what it all boils down to around here with all the people who just can't seem to take it that them days are gone.I'm really glad this band is staying busy playing shows,and look forward to new music whenever it happens.

You are so right.

Great post, I agree

Axl didn't write the lyrics?

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

You are so right.

Great post, I agree

+1

Axl is all cover band these days. Sad but true. That reminds me: (they don't make music like this anymore)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BRbM52gpc

Looking forward to Anything Goes, Think About You, and You're Crazy

The Activision lawsuit was not about bitching and moaning about the past. The issue is breach of contract.

Yes it is.

The 'breach of contract' was Axl's disapproval of having Slash on the cover because it is false misrepresentation of Guns N' Roses, which is a joke in itself because he is only playing songs Slash helped write during the Vegas shows. Sounds a little contradictory right?

No, it isn't.

The reason why the judge will let this go to trial is because there is a valid claim of breach of contract. There is no valid claim that I've ever heard of to allow a lawsuit to go to trial to merely bitch and moan about the past. The Vegas shows, which have not happened yet and as such the setlists are unknown, are completely irrelevant to the lawsuit.

Ali

The breach of contract was Activision using Slash as a representation of Guns N' Roses. Axl is playing Guns N' Roses songs Slash helped write. Axl doesn't want Slash to represent Guns N' Roses, yet he is playing Slash's songs.

arnold

They are not "Slash songs"

They are GNR songs.

Axl = GNR

Cool?

Nope

Too many whiners on here anymore. I'm not sure what everyone is costantly complaining about. At least he's not in hiding anymore and a total recluse. The band is staying active. This is a much better time to be a fan than from 1997-2005. I'd love to hear new music and whish they would focus on it soley, and keep us informed at what's going on, but it's GNR, and that will never be the case. Hopefully this energy eventually comes thru on a new album. For now we'll have to just enjoy the opportunity to see them live.

Guess this is Axl's rabbit out the hat routine. It was the best he could come up with. Pay the others to learn the music, all the while he dosn't need to :D

Writing new music would be far too much effort.

If Axl's behavior bothers you then why stick around these forums?

Don't you have better things to do? Doesn't Slash have a forum you can follow him at?

''Slash's songs'' is the most hilarious thing I've read in this thread.

I know it's quite hilarious :rofl-lol:

Um, it's the exact same thing you posted but just on the other side of the spectrum.

"They are GNR songs. GNR = Axl"

1 + 1 = 2

You claim they are Axl's songs. Legally and logically, you're wrong.

No one could script you better than you already are.