Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just watched it and thought it was pretty great. imo axl seemed a lil nervous when he first came out (moving around in the sit trying to get position just right) but he got relaxed and the whole interview was pretty funny and seemed like a good time for both of them. nothing was said about new music but that really wasnt an expectation of mine, i think axl came off real well in this interview.

Pretty cool though. Great reaction from the crowd. Just listen to that the next time people say no one cares about Axl, or the other members especially, anymore.

Did the crowd really get free tickets to a show?

Either way, cool stuff. Wish the fan questions wouldn't have been lackluster, but oh well. :)

Lots of those people have no idea who the band members are. There is a big applause sign that flashes when they cheer.

Great interview. Axl came across as really normal and kindhearted

Seeing him give an interview like this and just acting like a normal guy really makes it suck that he doesn't do it more often. Obviously, it's not his favorite thing in the world to do, but still. He just comes across as a down-to-earth, chill rockstar.

And BTW, I agree that Kimmel's "ZOMG Y R U ALWAYS SOOO LATE??!?!1!" schtick got old pretty quick.

Now why can't he do this more often?

IMHO because he would quickly run out of things to say. It was a publicity appearance for the Vegas shows. He didn't mention anything relevant to music or what's going on lately. He is was too shy/private a person to do that often. He would never talk about the old band and new music etc. which is what they would want him to talk about.

He came off great tonight in a one off thing tho