Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

"No fuckin' way????" Is what I first thought! :D

So if Slash did this you would call him a media whore, but when Axl do this kind of stuff it's great! You are embarrassing.

Axl does how many interviews compared to Slash?

Your attempt at trying to say they are equal things to compare is embarrassing.

No. Nice try, but that isn't what he was saying at all.

He was pointing out that a group of posters on here hold Axl and Slash to different standards.....and that is just plain weird.

If Slash forgot parts to his classic songs, played weddings, showed up to major gigs out of practice/shape, did a Vegas residency, put out one album in 15 years, did a late night talk show and was associated with something akin to Ashba Swag.......a group of posters on here would have 48 topics and 6284 posts on how those things proved that Slash was a washed up, no talented money whore sell-out. But Axl does them, and the SAME posters use thine facts to proclaim Axl is the second coming of Christ.

The double standard is funny.

Of course they are held to different standards, that doesn't need to be a negative though.

My point is you can't compare Axl making a very rare appearance to Slash. They simply don't operate the same.

I don't personally think Slash is a media whore, he is more media friendly and has more to promote so naturally he will be far more public.

To imply that people should accuse Axl of being a media whore is ludicrous, to be honest the term media whore is a bit odd to me in the first place but I guess that's just me.

I don't have an issue with Axl or Slash in public. Truth be told I'm more concerned with Axl pissing his career down the drain than I ever could be with Slash doing interviews or promoting work. I happen to think trying to compare either is not only pointless but akin to comparing a table leg to a football.

I appreciate the type pf person you are referring to but that doesn't change and never will

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOAB.

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself. That's why I respond when people use comparisons like that between the two.

Both guys are running their careers differently.

Axl has the built in advantage of the GnR name. Apparently dislikes media. And doesn't appear interested in doing much other than touring and making some cash.

Slash is doing what he loves. And is out grinding it out every day. He likes to record and tour and likes being in the public eye. Slash will still be putting out albums and touring when he is 60 years old.....because it is what he loves to do. Axl doesn't seem to love being a musician and all that comes with it, like Slash does.

I like Axl's music 100 times better than Slash's music. But I sure wish Axl had 55% of the drive and motivation that Slash did.

And I will never understand why a few posters have to continually bash Slash to try and validate Axl's current career. It really is pathetic to have to do that.

Looks like Axl is the main guest on the show that night then? I've never seen this show before so how long do you guys reckon he'll be interviewed for?

15 min

Axl will not be interviewed for 15 minutes. Minus the commercials a late night talk show is around 40 minutes and they are all laid out the same:

1. Welcome to the show, entertainment and political jokes (8 minutes)

2. Sketch (5 minutes)

3. 1st guest (8 minutes)

4. 2nd Sketch (5 minutes)

5. 2nd guest (8 minutes)

6. Musical guest (5 minutes)

7. Goodnight (1 minute)

If Axl was the only guest it would be different but he isn't and most of the time will be taken up with Jimmy making jokes or talking about shit we've all heard a thousand times.

I guess GNR won't be performing.

I just saw Prince is on tomorrow performing. Good score for Kimmel - two guys who hate doing press.

i don't think axl should perform solo or with a band on jimmy kimmel with strep throat or a worse voice/throat problem

Prince is on tonight performing and no interview, Axl's on tomorrow night just for the interview. Too bad Prince and Axl aren't booked on the same night, because those two would have a lot to talk about, mutual dislike towards record companies and conspiracy theories.

Guest RonMexico82

I hope Axl isn't so guarded that he comes across as a weirdo. I also hope he doesn't come out wearing shades and looking like he mugged Mr T

I hope Axl isn't so guarded that he comes across as a weirdo. I also hope he doesn't come out wearing shades and looking like he mugged Mr T

He will. Remember- the show is taped. If Kimmel doesn't follow Beta/Brazils format etc....Axl will be told by Beta/Brazil to walk off.