Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

Once again, you think Slash played at the Super Bowl because he likes playing Sweet Child O'Mine in a glitter decorated hat to Black Eyed Peas' night club techno dance rythms? You think Slash would be posing for Guitar Hero if he didn't need the promotion? Wake up dude.

And where am I saying that Slash did no wrong? There are plenty of things I could criticize Slash for, like the crap version of Paradise City but you're criticizing him for things you shouldn't have to.

I had a feeling someone would mention GTA. How much promotion was there around Axl doing a radio voice in GTA? Was Axl posing on the cover of the game? Did he do tons of interviews about it, where he claims GTA is such an awesome game and everyone just has to buy it?

Nice try though.

Why would they promote something that is not the highlight of the game? :lol: The fact is, Axl did it, and it doesn't matter how much exposure it had. He was in the game, doing something which it wasn't Gn'R related and yep, I think he got paid for doing it. Do you even know why you call someone a media whore? :lol: Check out your facts and come back.

Ok let me get this straight. So you compare playing with a BUNCH of different hip-hop and pop artists, a gazillion interviews, being the main attraction in a game, promoting the game, buying himself a star, being on American Idol, releasing a book to doing one interview and reading a couple lines in a car radio in a game?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect Axl. He does whatever HE wants to do when HE wants to do it, nothing more - for no one. No one owns him, he is just a musician.

Slash on the other hand plays with Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, Puff Daddy etc. Released a book, does every kinds of interviews. He's trying too hard IMO. I expect Slash to release a Slash perfume and a clothing line when he's done with his new band. Then, when he needs more attention he will get Velvet Revolver back together. Of course, he will be talking about Guns N' Roses and/or Axl in between all of these things to get more media attention.

Unlike you though, most be are able to look at situations and events with logic, common sense and without Axl bias.

Look how ridiculous your statement is.

You respect Axl for choosing to do what he wants to do in life. But you don't respect Slash for doing what he wants with his life and career.

Because Axl is his own master. And some mysterious force is controlling Slash and forcing him to do things he doesn't want to do?

Slash is a musician. And he enjoys playing music with a wide variety of people. That removes him from your list of people you respect? Weird.

Your statement is extremely flawed and makes no sense. What you meant to say is that you respect Axl in everything he does. And you don't like Slash.

No offensive, but most people on here don't take your posts seriously. All you do is praise Axl's every move, no matter what it is. If in 2013 Axl went out in public more, attended more events, did the talk show circuit, performed with other famous musicians (aka followed Slash's fan friendly lead) I would bet money that you wouldn't be on here complaining about it.

"I lost the respect I had for Axl. He is trying to hard now to be in the public eye. He isn't doing what HE wants to do."

There is no way in a million years you would apply the same standard to Axl that you do to Slash.

But like I said. Luckily the majority of people in the world use logic and common sense when judging people's actions and aren't tied to an Axl bias on everything they do.

Stop derailing this thread with your bullshit... we've heard all of this b4, change the record.

Ok let me get this straight. So you compare playing with a BUNCH of different hip-hop and pop artists, a gazillion interviews, being the main attraction in a game, promoting the game, buying himself a star, being on American Idol, releasing a book to doing one interview and reading a couple lines in a car radio in a game?

I don't really care, I'm actually happy for Axl to finally go out there and do something for himself and his band. You were the one bashing Slash for no reason, I mean, why would you even have to mention him in a "Axl interview" thread? Way to derail a thread with bullshit I'd say :lol:. I really hope Axl gets more exposure by being out there, promoting his work --- something that would never have to be considered as "bad" or "shit".

My opinion.

I respect Axl. He does whatever HE wants to do when HE wants to do it, nothing more - for no one. No one owns him, he is just a musician.

Slash on the other hand plays with Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, Puff Daddy etc. Released a book, does every kinds of interviews. He's trying too hard IMO. I expect Slash to release a Slash perfume and a clothing line when he's done with his new band. Then, when he needs more attention he will get Velvet Revolver back together. Of course, he will be talking about Guns N' Roses and/or Axl in between all of these things to get more media attention.

Unlike you though, most be are able to look at situations and events with logic, common sense and without Axl bias.

You respect Axl for choosing to do what he wants to do in life. But you don't respect Slash for doing what he wants with his life and career.

Because Axl is his own master. And some mysterious force is controlling Slash and forcing him to do things he doesn't want to do?

Slash is a musician. And he enjoys playing music with a wide variety of people. That removes him from your list of people you respect? Weird.

Your statement is extremely flawed and makes no sense. What you meant to say is that you respect Axl in everything he does. And you don't like Slash.

No offensive, but most people on here don't take your posts seriously. All you do is praise Axl's every move, no matter what it is. If in 2013 Axl went out in public more, attended more events, did the talk show circuit, performed with other famous musicians (aka followed Slash's fan friendly lead) I would bet money that you wouldn't be on here complaining about it.

"I lost the respect I had for Axl. He is trying to hard now to be in the public eye. He isn't doing what HE wants to do."

There is no way in a million years you would apply the same standard to Axl that you do to Slash.

But like I said. Luckily the majority of people in the world use logic and common sense when judging people's actions and aren't tied to an Axl bias on everything they do.

You misunderstood what I meant. They're both musicians. Instead of focusing on his music and promote it by himself with his own, he needs to go on stage with hip-hop artists (the worst of the worst), release books and appear on games. In the older days, I bet Slash would laugh at someone doing this. And I think it's pathetic. I'd be disappointed if Axl went up on stage with Fergie and Black Eyed Peas with a glitter bandana. Just my opinion.

I don't really care, I'm actually happy for Axl to finally go out there and do something for himself and his band. You were the one bashing Slash for no reason, I mean, why would you even have to mention him in a "Axl interview" thread? Way to derail a thread with bullshit I'd say :lol:. I really hope Axl gets more exposure by being out there, promoting his work --- something that would never have to be considered as "bad" or "shit".

My opinion.

Yeah, I have to agree with pi2loc here. This stuff is getting a little tiresome. Axl being on the show has nothing to do with Slash, but, as always, certain people immediately bring him into the equation (and the same happens vice versa, too). Let's keep this clean, shall we? Bring any silly arguments about why Slash is a sell-out for playing the Superbowl into Attitude where it belongs. Let the people who want to talk about Axl's appearance on Kimmel have a place to talk about it WITHOUT the tired, repetitive bullshit. :sleeper:

You were the one bashing Slash for no reason, I mean, why would you even have to mention him in a "Axl interview" thread? Way to derail a thread with bullshit I'd say :lol:..

I was responding to others on the previous page who were comparing Axl and Slash. Just like you have been replying to me, talking about Slash.

once again, nice try.

You were the one bashing Slash for no reason, I mean, why would you even have to mention him in a "Axl interview" thread? Way to derail a thread with bullshit I'd say :lol:..

I was responding to others on the previous page who were comparing Axl and Slash. Just like you have been replying to me, talking about Slash.

once again, nice try.

Like I wouldn't reply to some guy who likes to badmouth a musician I like for no reason. If "nice try" is all you have to say. :shrugs:

Once again, you think Slash played at the Super Bowl because he likes playing Sweet Child O'Mine in a glitter decorated hat to Black Eyed Peas' night club techno dance rythms? You think Slash would be posing for Guitar Hero if he didn't need the promotion? Wake up dude.

And where am I saying that Slash did no wrong? There are plenty of things I could criticize Slash for, like the crap version of Paradise City but you're criticizing him for things you shouldn't have to.

I had a feeling someone would mention GTA. How much promotion was there around Axl doing a radio voice in GTA? Was Axl posing on the cover of the game? Did he do tons of interviews about it, where he claims GTA is such an awesome game and everyone just has to buy it?

Nice try though.

Why would they promote something that is not the highlight of the game? :lol: The fact is, Axl did it, and it doesn't matter how much exposure it had. He was in the game, doing something which it wasn't Gn'R related and yep, I think he got paid for doing it. Do you even know why you call someone a media whore? :lol: Check out your facts and come back.

The T-shirt I have says "UK tour", so I guess you don't know what you're talking about (as usual).

And? Those shows belong to the European leg of the tour and are reported by AEG Live as so. Period.

Central American Tour 2007, SOLD OUT.

Edited by axl8302

You misunderstood what I meant. They're both musicians. Instead of focusing on his music and promote it by himself with his own, he needs to go on stage with hip-hop artists (the worst of the worst), release books and appear on games. In the older days, I bet Slash would laugh at someone doing this. And I think it's pathetic. I'd be disappointed if Axl went up on stage with Fergie and Black Eyed Peas with a glitter bandana. Just my opinion.

But initially you said that you respect Axl for choosing his own path..........while you disrespect Slash for doing the SAME thing.

Axl likes to play the recluse role.

Slash doesn't. Slash is a guitar player and he ENJOYS playing with a variety of artists. I think it's awesome that he doesn't limit himself to just rock and is willing to play with a variety of different genres. I'm flabbergasted that anybody would think that was a bad thing.

Just because YOU don't like hip hop artists, doesn't mean that everybody else in the world agrees with you. Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas are WAY bigger than Axl and GnR are right now.

You would be dissapointed if Axl went on stage with Fergie.......but you are cool with him playing weddings?

Slash is a sell out, but your cool with Axl doing various video games.

Listen here Jeez. Honestly, I don't really care if people hate/love Axl or Slash. All of us are allowed to like and dislike who we want. All of us are allowed to like and dislike whatever music we want. I just hope that you do it all for the right reason. And there is a small portion of people on this forum that see every issue through "Axl is right, Slash is wrong......now tell me the details of the issue?" And no offense, but you seem to be one of those people. You don't seem to be judging Axl and Slash by the same standards, and that doesn't seem right.

I personally thought the super bowl performance was stupid, and I hated the Paradise City rap version. But I can't fault Slash for doing what HE wants to do. It is his career, let him enjoy it. AND it is comical how people bash Slash's music and being generic and stuck in the 80s and no creativity............then later bash him for branching out and playing with michael jackson, Fergie, etc.

I just don't base my decisions on whether or not it is Slash or Axl involved. And I think there is a group of posters on here that aren't capable of doing that. NOT saying you do that....but it seems like you do.

But initially you said that you respect Axl for choosing his own path..........while you disrespect Slash for doing the SAME thing.

Axl likes to play the recluse role.

Slash doesn't. Slash is a guitar player and he ENJOYS playing with a variety of artists. I think it's awesome that he doesn't limit himself to just rock and is willing to play with a variety of different genres. I'm flabbergasted that anybody would think that was a bad thing.

Just because YOU don't like hip hop artists, doesn't mean that everybody else in the world agrees with you. Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas are WAY bigger than Axl and GnR are right now.

You would be dissapointed if Axl went on stage with Fergie.......but you are cool with him playing weddings?

Listen here Jeez. Honestly, I don't really care if people hate/love Axl or Slash. All of us are allowed to like and dislike who we want. All of us are allowed to like and dislike whatever music we want. I just hope that you do it all for the right reason. And there is a small portion of people on this forum that see every issue through "Axl is right, Slash is wrong......now tell me the details of the issue?" And no offense, but you seem to be one of those people. You don't seem to be judging Axl and Slash by the same standards, and that doesn't seem right.

I personally thought the super bowl performance was stupid, and I hated the Paradise City rap version. But I can't fault Slash for doing what HE wants to do. It is his career, let him enjoy it. AND it is comical how people bash Slash's music and being generic and stuck in the 80s and no creativity............then later bash him for branching out and playing with michael jackson, Fergie, etc.

I just don't base my decisions on whether or not it is Slash or Axl involved. And I think there is a group of posters on here that aren't capable of doing that. NOT saying you do that....but it seems like you do.

:sleeper:

once again, nice try.

Like I wouldn't reply to some guy who likes to badmouth a musician I like for no reason. If "nice try" is all you have to say. :shrugs:

I like Slash as well. Just doesn't like certain things he has done that I've previously mentioned. If you like Puff Daddy feat. Slash then cool. I don't. Let's end it there yea?

In the Axl interview, I hope there will be some talk about future plans for GN'R. What's the plans after Vegas? New record? Stuff like that. Not so much why are you going late on stage? What is your favorite ice cream? Do you like cats?

Nice try though.

The T-shirt I have says "UK tour", so I guess you don't know what you're talking about (as usual).

And? Those shows belong to the European leg of the tour and are reported by AEG Live as so. Period.

Central American Tour 2007, SOLD OUT.

:rofl-lol: At first you said "Mexico 2007 shows, sold out" which is correct but those shows belong to the NORTH AMERICAN leg of the Tour. Why? Because Mexico is in North America. Then, you changed your post to "Central American Tour 2007, sold out" which is not true, why? Because Axl did not tour Central America in 2007.

once again, nice try.

I like Slash as well. Just doesn't like certain things he has done that I've previously mentioned. If you like Puff Daddy feat. Slash then cool. I don't. Let's end it there yea?

In the Axl interview, I hope there will be some talk about future plans for GN'R. What's the plans after Vegas? New record? Stuff like that. Not so much why are you going late on stage? What is your favorite ice cream? Do you like cats?

Ha! I never said I like Puff Daddy ft. Slash :lol: I just don't mind it, you know? I don't "hate" it but the rap version of 'Paradise City' is shit.

And I don't think Axl would discuss things like that because Kimmel is a funny guy and like to throw jokes. I don't see any serious question directed to Axl. :shrugs:

Just to answer your post;

I haven't said anywhere that ''everybody else in the world has to agree with me''. If you have a different opinion than me, then that doesn't really bother me. My opinion, seems to bother you though :shrugs:

I haven't said that I'm cool with Axl playing weddings either. For the record, I thought it was silly for various reasons.

The video game thing Slash did was only one example out of many things he has done to promote himself. Yes, Axl did a radio host voice in GTA and he is now doing 1 interview.

I'm not so sure Slash is doing what he wants to do, but things he has to do in order to do what he wants to do (to promote - sell tickets, albums and earn money). Not sure how I am stopping him from enjoying it.

For the record, I do like Slash and his latest album. Just don't like some of the things he has done to promote himself, and that has nothing to do with Axl.

And I don't think Axl would discuss things like that because Kimmel is a funny guy and like to throw jokes. I don't see any serious question directed to Axl. :shrugs:

At least something we can agree on.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

What's funny about Slash is that he'll work with anybody, no questions asked. But Axl just wants to bring in an additional guitarist to Guns N' Roses and thats totally crossing the line for him.

If you are referring to the Paul Huge thing then you are using faulty logic. There is a difference between playing/collaborating with people and being in a long term band type situation with them

Axl8302

Please stop leaving weird messages on my page. Thanks.

So tour attendance equals quality in your book? Instead of picking and choosing specific shows or small legs of tours, how about you post where GnR finished up for an entire year? (I know you won't do that, as it will show you that GnR's attendance isn't that fantastic). Somebody posted those numbers for one of the most recent years of shows and GnR was somewhere in the range of being the 70th most successful tour of the year. Bon Jovi usually finishes top 5. Does that mean they destroy GnR?????

I just looked up the first three dates of the 12 UK leg. The first three arenas were all in the 10-11,000 range. So let's not act like they were selling out 50,000 seat arenas. And I also read a few reviews from the shows and you know what the common theme was? Halfway through the show half the people had already gone home!!! At one of them, the reviewer said that by encore time, you could WALK up to within 10 feet of the stage.

What were GnR's numbers in the United States, the country the band resides in? I saw them last year in an arena that holds 15,000 and it maybe was half full.

Luckily, most music fans don't list concert attendance as the basis of whether a band is good or not. In your world, this means Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber are the best acts lin the world!!!!!!!!!!!!! As those guys outsell GnR every day of the week.

Now back on topic people. This is about Axl going on Kimmel!!!

Now back on topic people. This is about Axl going on Kimmel!!!

Quite right..

If the notion of Axl Rose making a talk show appearance annoys or pisses anyone off ( :shrugs::confused: )..please take it to Attitude and make your points there.

I'm excited about this. I find it interesting however that those who called Slash a media whore in the past and said they were glad Axl didn't do the talk circuit are applauding this appearance.

Agreed. I am excited as well, but It goes to show the double standard by certain members.

I LOVE Slash but it's hardly a fair comparison, please!!

X1 live show in 20 years :tongue2:

That's a rule breaking sig you have there :D

...This show i believe is one of the last chances Axl to reveal a date of a new album... this is what we need, the leftovers from the CDera...it is a very important thing that in few months Axl wants to appear again at aTV show.... i hope something special happens and this would be only an announcemet of a new album.... however if this doesn't happen it would be so dissapointing and i can't see when new stuff will be released....

...This show i believe is one of the last chances Axl to reveal a date of a new album...

Haha, yes, there will be no later opportunity in his life time!

however if this doesn't happen it would be so dissapointing and i can't see when new stuff will be released....

Okay guys, we need to talk this guy down from the Ledge of Expectation. Listen, jimmysrose, Axl will not talk about a release date until a new record is ready to be released and since no new record presumably exist, there will be no announcements anytime soon. This does not prevent the possibility of GN'R releasing a new record some time in the future, like some years from now. So please just come down, we don't need more disappointment caused by unrealistic expectations around here.