Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

I'm not sure if anybody has stated this already:

CHINESE DEMOCRACY PROMOTION OFFICIALLY STARTS OCTOBER 24!!!

It seems Jimmy Kimmel is the current "it" guy in Hollywood. For him to land Axl, means a hell of lot. Being that this is Axl's first MAINSTREAM LIVE TV interview.

October 24th is the day the mainstream world will be seeing what we all have been witnessing the last couple of years: GnR is back and better than ever!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's literally a person on every talk show whose job is to run the planned questions by the interviewee prior to the interview taking place. That's why the conversations between hosts and guests rarely gets too awkward or surprising. Chances are, Axl will have a chance to screen whatever questions Kimmel is planning to ask ahead of time, and also prepare for them. So I don't think people expecting Kimmel to piss him off or whatever have much to worry about.

Will he do a song or just a interview?

Just the interview.

What I wonder though is if he's going to be the first or second guest. The second guest usually has the least amount of time on screen, which will be unfortunate. But, than again the first guest has to sit out there for the rest of the show. So, I don't know.

I was just discussing in private with someone from this forum how amazing it would be if Axl announced that Bumblefoot is fired during this show.

Very unlikely to happen, but one can always dream! ^_^

yeah it would be great to kick out one of the most talented guitar players ever from the band... :monkey:

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

This is really exciting regardless of what happens. Just like how we were excited about TMS last November.

GWAN AXL!!!!! Break a leg!!!

What I wonder though is if he's going to be the first or second guest. The second guest usually has the least amount of time on screen, which will be unfortunate. But, than again the first guest has to sit out there for the rest of the show. So, I don't know.

I'm thinking he'll be the first guest. Usually, the bigger name guest goes first, and then the second guest is some obscure chick of some obscure TV show you've never heard of before LOL. Unless someone like Barack Obama or Paul McCartney is going to be on the same show, i bet Axl goes first.

I'm thinking he'll be the first guest. Usually, the bigger name guest goes first, and then the second guest is some obscure chick of some obscure TV show you've never heard of before LOL. Unless someone like Barack Obama or Paul McCartney is going to be on the same show, i bet Axl goes first.

Haven't watched that much Kimmel, but are there cases where he only has one guest?

There's literally a person on every talk show whose job is to run the planned questions by the interviewee prior to the interview taking place. That's why the conversations between hosts and guests rarely gets too awkward or surprising. Chances are, Axl will have a chance to screen whatever questions Kimmel is planning to ask ahead of time, and also prepare for them. So I don't think people expecting Kimmel to piss him off or whatever have much to worry about.

I don't remember if Eddie said he sent questions ahead of time or Beta just told him not to talk about Slash. I think that was the only thing brought up. Kimmel's never put anyone on the spot except making Jay Leno look like a douche on his own show, but that was b/c Conan got screwed over.

Sebastian's prob. the king of awkward moments around Axl, and I think Lars' volatile history with Mustaine makes him relate to Axl and vice versa. Even if they've played together, they're still not that close. I mean, hopefully Axl and Slash get to the point Lars and Dave got... but that took a LOOONG time.