Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must really be struggling to sell tickets for Vegas for Axl to do this. It will be a interview based around a few funny stories from Axl and then talking about the Vegas shows.

I was waiting for a post like this. Shows in Vegas don't sell like shows everywhere else. Most people going to Vegas buy event tickets the day of or the day before. My guess is that most, if not all, shows will be a sellout, but few will actually sell out before the date (as is the case with most Vegas shows, I as I just mentioned).

My curiosity is whether Axl's appearance on a late-night talk show was part of the contract GNR signed with the promoters/venue. It seems out of character for Axl to promote his shows unless it's contractually required.

Honestly that has not been my experience everytime I've been to Vegas. Shows with a limited engagement, such as this, sell out quickly, usually months in advance, while tickets for longer running shows are more readily available. I think it also depends on the time of the year. October/November might be drawing an older crowd than the spring and summer months. I'm not too worried about GNR selling shows out however, or close enough to it.

Interesting comment about being contractually obligated. I sorta hope not. I'd like to think this was something he wanted to do as opposed to having to do.

Yeah, perhaps timing might have much to do with demand. I'm not really sure when the hot times are in Vegas. I know here in Toronto the busiest time for the service industry is in the fall (people hibernate in the winter and go out of town during the summer).

I really don't see Axl doing this because he really wanted to. It's never been his style. I was throwing around the idea that perhaps he's contractually obligated to do a major television appearance to promote the shows if sales haven't met targets by a certain date, but the problem with this notion is that if that were the case, you would think the appearance would be moved up. Who knows. Should be interesting nonetheless.

Kimmel makes sense though. He's not going to do a NYC show since he's mostly speaking to the western markets. He's not going to do Leno because he reaches an older audience. He's not going to do Conan since he's on cable and well, considering how Conan doesn't think the band should be called GNR without Slash (and the fact that he uses Slash's face whenever he puts a web address on television). That really only leaves Kimmel by default. Hopefully it's an enjoyable experience for him.

Do you assume that the Trunk interview was done due to contractual obligation as well?

it would be awesome if jimmy rimmel invited slash the same day as axl.... :wow:

Surprise guest during jimmy kimmel Slash

That would be the coolest fucking thing ever. Slash just walks out... I have no idea what Axl would do. But it would be the greatest thing to air on television ever.

I honestly could only see 2 things happening.

1. Axl attacks Slash

2. Axl gets up and leaves, with or without saying something

Would be fucking nuts either way :awesomeface:

it would be awesome if jimmy rimmel invited slash the same day as axl.... :wow:

Surprise guest during jimmy kimmel Slash

That would be the coolest fucking thing ever. Slash just walks out... I have no idea what Axl would do. But it would be the greatest thing to air on television ever.

I honestly could only see 2 things happening.

1. Axl attacks Slash

2. Axl gets up and leaves, with or without saying something

Would be fucking nuts either way :awesomeface:

You know what I would like to see an Axl Rose Roast imagine how epic it would be

$1,000 says Axl will send him a list of things he can not discuss, and it is basically a plug for the Vegas shows, anyone who thinks this will be a interesting and amazing interview will be disappointed

Slash is going to be in Italy on October 24th so unless he has some transport device I doubt he will be there

$1,000 says Axl will send him a list of things he can not discuss, and it is basically a plug for the Vegas shows, anyone who thinks this will be a interesting and amazing interview will be disappointed

Slash is going to be in Italy on October 24th so unless he has some transport device I doubt he will be there

You mean it's going to be exactly like every celebrity appearance on a late night talk show ever? Shocking!

Of course he isn't going to give us "the ultimate truth" about the break-up on Kimmel. Cause besides us, no one cares. I guess he's gonna chit chat a little, be his charming self and plug the Vegas shows. The interview will be cool anyways.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
This is his chance to tell his side of the story about the feud with Slash for example. He is pretty obviously bitter and annoyed with that the general public knows Slash's version and have bought it as the truth and he's a great opportunity for him to give his side of it.

Or he's going to offer some lighthearted banter and a Vegas plug.

I know which one I'm putting my money on.

Well, duh. It's not as if I'm deluding myself into thinking it will happen, but I think most people would find that far more interesting than hearing about CD II.

Will Bumblefoot or any of the other members appear on the sofa with him?

Don't think so, but if he's gonna ask a member to be there, please, Axl, ask anyone but DJ.

I found Dj said a lot of good things in the Eddie Trunk interview, the guy couldn't stop himself from saying good things

As if something is really going to come out of this, he's doing it solely because he needs to show his face in the public in America. You bet he's doing this for the Vegas shows. You bet there's a long list of no-go's question wise, it's not as if he's thinking "yeah Jimmy Kimmel, that's the guy to which I will explain why I've such a deep hatred for Slash, can't get my shit together, and why it took so long for Chinese Democracy to come out."

He will give very long answers, like usual, but won't actually say anything nor will he answer any actual question, just like what happened on That Metal Show. People on here are delusional to think that Axl will actually give the answer to the questions everyone has on a talkshow like Jimmy Kimmel. I'm not saying this to slag off Jimmy Kimmel, but solely because people have such odd expectations.

Lots of views for this topic. What will the interview contain ?

All talk about the Vegas gig(s) as that's what I think. I get the impression Axl's woke up and decided that promotion is a good thing..

My guess is, most will want to hear anwsers about what is to come, rather than talk about what's gone before..