Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

I'd be shocked if Jimmy doesn't ask Axl about Slash and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And I also think Axl will mention Chinese Democracy II.

I highly, highly doubt that. I would say it is more akin to Eddie Trunk where there will be a few jokes, talk about the Vegas shows, and abolsutely nothing relevatory. It will be cool to see him on TV though

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't usually post, but I feel like this is a big deal. One of Axl's "shortcomings" (and I put that in quotations, because it certainly adds to his mystique), is that he doesn't do interviews regularly. Out of all the late night shows, this makes the most sense since it tapes at night and is filmed in LA. Jimmy is a friendly guy, and very funny. Even if no new info is released, the interview and the interactions will be interesting. Furthermore, this is the biggest promotion coming from the GNR camp in some time. They seem to be on a role, and while I will keep my hopes realistic, this television appearance certainly brightens the future.

My biggest question....will he wear shades?

Hopefully not, but he did for the Rock Show.

Either way, I'm tuning in.

I'd be shocked if Jimmy doesn't ask Axl about Slash and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And I also think Axl will mention Chinese Democracy II.

It would be the perfect time and chance to talk about anything new. Let's hope he takes advantage of it and throws us a large bone.

It would be the cop out of the year if they danced around the subject of the next album. In some form or fashion, it will be talked/joked about for sure. the real question how much, or how little, will we get to know.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

for my money, a live interview on a national show like this offers more potential entertainment to me than 20 volumes of chinese democracy songs.

Agreed. This is his chance to tell his side of the story about the feud with Slash for example. He is pretty obviously bitter and annoyed with that the general public knows Slash's version and have bought it as the truth and he's a great opportunity for him to give his side of it.

Is there any doubt that Team Brasil is the best management Axl has had in over 20 years? For all the crap they have taken here from people who mostly hope for them to fail, their record is indesputable.

The only thing left is to produce new material (granted this is a big item). My fears, based on what BBF said, is that we are still at least a year away from hearing new stuff.

Not happening. From what I read about Kimmel's show is all about fun. I don't see him making serious questions, just throwing some jokes and asking for the Vegas shows then bye Axl.

Lol is this one for team brazil? You don't think past managers were capable of getting jimmy kimmel? Lol it's all on what Axl is willing to do.

True.

Will he do a song or just a interview?

Just the interview.

What I wonder though is if he's going to be the first or second guest. The second guest usually has the least amount of time on screen, which will be unfortunate. But, than again the first guest has to sit out there for the rest of the show. So, I don't know.

Will he do a song or just a interview?

Just an interview.

Thanks! :)

They must really be struggling to sell tickets for Vegas for Axl to do this. It will be a interview based around a few funny stories from Axl and then talking about the Vegas shows.

I was waiting for a post like this. Shows in Vegas don't sell like shows everywhere else. Most people going to Vegas buy event tickets the day of or the day before. My guess is that most, if not all, shows will be a sellout, but few will actually sell out before the date (as is the case with most Vegas shows, I as I just mentioned).

My curiosity is whether Axl's appearance on a late-night talk show was part of the contract GNR signed with the promoters/venue. It seems out of character for Axl to promote his shows unless it's contractually required.

I'm expecting specific questions from Kimmel, but not definite answers from Axl. We'll probably get questions on future plans, new albums, reunion type stuff, but I'm not expecting anything concrete on these issues to come from Axl. Should be fun as a GNR fan though. Heard Kimmel's backstage is like one huge party, should be something Axl is use to with his own backstage area.

why would he does this to promote a residency while he didnt promote chinese? anyway cant wait to watch this!

Because it is most likely in the contract he signed with the Hard rock that he has to promote it, thats why. That is how these things work. He is most likely contractually obligated to do this. But again, cool to see, especially if he doesnt come off like a douche, which he should not, as they do pre interviews.

They must really be struggling to sell tickets for Vegas for Axl to do this. It will be a interview based around a few funny stories from Axl and then talking about the Vegas shows.

So was Celine Dion and all the others who do these shows? It is part of the process. It is what they do. people need to advertise or people would not know. You would like that though wouldnt you, man there are some envious people in this country.

Edited by Ruxin

It would be the perfect time and chance to talk about anything new. Let's hope he takes advantage of it and throws us a large bone.

It would be the cop out of the year if they danced around the subject of the next album. In some form or fashion, it will be talked/joked about for sure. the real question how much, or how little, will we get to know.

Dude this is not 60 minutes. My God, what the fuck is wrong with you people? He is on TV, promoting shows, and people expect the McCarthy hearings. No wonder Axl rarely does this. I can only imagine the outrage when he goes on the show, promotes his Vegas shows and act like a normal human being. The Horror.

Edited by Ruxin

I'm pretty sure Axl agreed to this providing there will be no reunion talk or Slash talk.

Most celebs have clauses I am sure. Why should he talk about some guy who was in his band 25 years ago? Does Metallica talk about Cliff Burton every damn interview? People need to get the fuck over it. Maybe he will, who knows, but if he doesn't, who cares. I am just stoked to go to a show again, and glad he is promoting it. Always more fun with a packed house.

This is his chance to tell his side of the story about the feud with Slash for example. He is pretty obviously bitter and annoyed with that the general public knows Slash's version and have bought it as the truth and he's a great opportunity for him to give his side of it.

Or he's going to offer some lighthearted banter and a Vegas plug.

I know which one I'm putting my money on.

This is awesome news!

I'm going to watch it and dvr it.

They got one thing wrong. This isn't Axl's first interview in 20 years. WE all know he was on That Metal Show last year with Eddie Trunk. I guess whoever wrote that article didn't catch it.

Anyway, I hope Axl talks about the shows in Las Vegas, like what they'll be performing. Also, Jimmy should ask him if he intends to write and record new music with this band.

I really hope there aren't any questions regarding the original members or the R&R Hall of Fame.

It's over and done with and I'm sure Axl wants to talk about now.

I just hope Axl doesn't cancel at the last minute. Hate to sound like a downer, but you just never know with Axl Rose.

I just wish Axl would have given Jimmy Fallon the interview. Jimmy we all know is a HUGE Axl fan, so it would have been so cool for him to have interviewed Axl Rose.

Whatever, I just think this is a very cool thing to see Axl Rose give his second interview in a little over a year.

Edited by Val22

They got one thing wrong. This isn't Axl's first interview in 20 years. WE all know he was on That Metal Show last year with Eddie Trunk. I guess whoever wrote that article didn't catch it.

It's the first 'live' broadcast tv interview (even though... it's a bit delayed).

I was waiting for a post like this. Shows in Vegas don't sell like shows everywhere else. Most people going to Vegas buy event tickets the day of or the day before. My guess is that most, if not all, shows will be a sellout, but few will actually sell out before the date (as is the case with most Vegas shows, I as I just mentioned).

My curiosity is whether Axl's appearance on a late-night talk show was part of the contract GNR signed with the promoters/venue. It seems out of character for Axl to promote his shows unless it's contractually required.

Honestly that has not been my experience everytime I've been to Vegas. Shows with a limited engagement, such as this, sell out quickly, usually months in advance, while tickets for longer running shows are more readily available. I think it also depends on the time of the year. October/November might be drawing an older crowd than the spring and summer months. I'm not too worried about GNR selling shows out however, or close enough to it.

Interesting comment about being contractually obligated. I sorta hope not. I'd like to think this was something he wanted to do as opposed to having to do.