Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to ask him when the the reunion is gonna' start. Hopefully he says "In this lifetime!" :popcorn:

Axl will announce your new song call "Not in this lifetime" and say this song is nothing to do with nobody

Ha! :lol:

Monumental promotion starts now!!! .......... 4 years later.

Someone needs to ask him when the the reunion is gonna' start. Hopefully he says "In this lifetime!" :popcorn:

Axl will announce your new song call "Not in this lifetime" and say this song is nothing to do with nobody

There are 12 Mondays left in 2012

There are 12 Mondays left in 2012

THAT....

WAS...

AWESOME...... :thumbsup:

I don't consider this little interview as "monumental" promotion or "promotion" at all but I think it could be a great start for Axl to go out there.

He should definitely do more interviews and maybe get a deal with some trusty/reliable and serious interviewer in a respectful American TV show or whatever where he can freely sit down for an hour and finally tell his side of the story. If Slash lied as he claims, it's time for payback.

He should definitely do more interviews and maybe get a deal with some trusty/reliable and serious interviewer in a respectful American TV show or whatever where he can freely sit down for an hour and finally tell his side of the story. If Slash lied as he claims, it's time for payback.

Piers Morgan on CNN :shrugs:

Jimmy Kimmel is a pretty popular show in North America. Personally I don't watch late shows though...

Its great either way , whatever question are or aren't asked won't change the fact that Axl is finally getting out there and doing things he probably should of done years a go.

This is really exciting regardless of what happens. Just like how we were excited about TMS last November.

GWAN AXL!!!!! Break a leg!!!

Hey SLAA, they might show him the footage of you saying OMG OMG OMG when do we scream at him?? :rofl-lol: Love to see his face. :thumbsup:

it would be awesome if jimmy rimmel invited slash the same day as axl.... :wow:

Surprise guest during jimmy kimmel Slash

That would be the coolest fucking thing ever. Slash just walks out... I have no idea what Axl would do. But it would be the greatest thing to air on television ever.

They must really be struggling to sell tickets for Vegas for Axl to do this. It will be a interview based around a few funny stories from Axl and then talking about the Vegas shows.

I was waiting for a post like this. Shows in Vegas don't sell like shows everywhere else. Most people going to Vegas buy event tickets the day of or the day before. My guess is that most, if not all, shows will be a sellout, but few will actually sell out before the date (as is the case with most Vegas shows, I as I just mentioned).

My curiosity is whether Axl's appearance on a late-night talk show was part of the contract GNR signed with the promoters/venue. It seems out of character for Axl to promote his shows unless it's contractually required.

Honestly that has not been my experience everytime I've been to Vegas. Shows with a limited engagement, such as this, sell out quickly, usually months in advance, while tickets for longer running shows are more readily available. I think it also depends on the time of the year. October/November might be drawing an older crowd than the spring and summer months. I'm not too worried about GNR selling shows out however, or close enough to it.

Interesting comment about being contractually obligated. I sorta hope not. I'd like to think this was something he wanted to do as opposed to having to do.

Yeah, perhaps timing might have much to do with demand. I'm not really sure when the hot times are in Vegas. I know here in Toronto the busiest time for the service industry is in the fall (people hibernate in the winter and go out of town during the summer).

I really don't see Axl doing this because he really wanted to. It's never been his style. I was throwing around the idea that perhaps he's contractually obligated to do a major television appearance to promote the shows if sales haven't met targets by a certain date, but the problem with this notion is that if that were the case, you would think the appearance would be moved up. Who knows. Should be interesting nonetheless.

Kimmel makes sense though. He's not going to do a NYC show since he's mostly speaking to the western markets. He's not going to do Leno because he reaches an older audience. He's not going to do Conan since he's on cable and well, considering how Conan doesn't think the band should be called GNR without Slash (and the fact that he uses Slash's face whenever he puts a web address on television). That really only leaves Kimmel by default. Hopefully it's an enjoyable experience for him.