Vegas Setlist(s) General Discussion Thread

Stro

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can complain about the five shows I went to over the past year, which were all basically the same. Chinese, Jungle, Easy, Brownstone, blah blah blah...

It was funny, cuz I would shout the name of the next song going to be played, and they would start to play it. And everyone around me would be like "HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT?!"

I can complain about the five shows I went to over the past year, which were all basically the same. Chinese, Jungle, Easy, Brownstone, blah blah blah...

It was funny, cuz I would shout the name of the next song going to be played, and they would start to play it. And everyone around me would be like "HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT?!"

Which confirms there's just a very small percentage of the audience (us on the forums) that follows the band's setlists during a tour..

It's unfortunate for us, but the band has to take the majority of the concert goers into consideration when choosing which songs to play.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Axl said TWAT was too hard for him to sing all the time basically. He'd have to work on it.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

*Confession bear*: I actually like "Don't Let it Bring You Down. :shrugs:

You're not the only one.

:lol: That's awesome!

Axl said TWAT was too hard for him to sing all the time basically. He'd have to work on it.

And we know what that means.

hahahahaha

This happened to me at Rock in Rio last year! It's really funny! :takethat:

hahahahaha

This happened to me at Rock in Rio last year! It's really funny! :takethat:

This is nothing new. I did the same thing when I went to multiple scorpions shows in the late 80's they basically toured the World Wide live CD. I will never understand the hang up with the set list. It is 22-26 songs long. I really don't understand why people obsess over it. I understand people want new music, and I guess since they don't release much, people are hoping they release it at the shows?

Which confirms there's just a very small percentage of the audience (us on the forums) that follows the band's setlists during a tour..

It's unfortunate for us, but the band has to take the majority of the concert goers into consideration when choosing which songs to play.

Again, I agree with that to an extent. Yeah, cater to the ones who aren't the hardcore fans going to multiple shows, but also cater to the hardcore fans forking out a lot of money to travel and go to multiple gigs.

In the Eddie Trunk interview he said he was also struggling with YCBM but I give him that, the song is old. But TWAT? Axl is probably the only singer writing songs for himself out of his own range AND refusing the basic concept of re-arranging material at all. It's a shame because TWAT is a really good song. Would love to hear where it goes live, most of the songs just stagnate and stuff like TWAT isn't even brought to life at all. He writes all these awesome tunes and then it's put on a CD never to be played again. Crazy.

Edited by sascha

Again, I agree with that to an extent. Yeah, cater to the ones who aren't the hardcore fans going to multiple shows, but also cater to the hardcore fans forking out a lot of money to travel and go to multiple gigs.

I'm not saying they shouldn't give more variation to the setlists, because I think they should. More rotation songs from the Illusions as well as Chinese would be cool. It'll be interesting to see how this tour progresses.

We shouldn't expect a totally different show though, beacuse as it is today, they are playing pretty much all their biggest hits and they will always stay in the set. They can't risk having the majority of the audience leaving the concert disappointed because they didn't play some of their favourites.

But just to give an example of different mindsets. I was reading some reviews on ticketmaster, and quite a few of them mentioned Live And Let Die as the highlight of the show they attended. You probably won't find many on the boards with the same opinion.

How large a percentage of the audience do the hardcore fans make up? 5%? Less? I know it's hard to determine. But, how much they should cater o the hardcore fans should depend on how large that percentage is.

Ali

wondering if they'll play TWAT at all during this

residency.

Of course not, it's a fan favourite, why should they play it?

define fan favourite. Maybe a favourite of the people currently in this thread, but lets be honest a lot of gnr fans wont even know twat.

They should never play Don't Let It Bring You Down. Ever again.

I haven't heard the ones they've done in Vegas but I agree. I'm not a Neil Young fan. Never have been, never will be.

Not even After The Goldrush? Old Man? Ambulance Blues? Come on...

Vegas was better than Bridge School, cool vintage sound and vocals were spot on.

Edited by sascha

How large a percentage of the audience do the hardcore fans make up? 5%? Less? I know it's hard to determine. But, how much they should cater o the hardcore fans should depend on how large that percentage is.

Ali

That's an absolutely ridiculous statement, and I'll leave it at that.