Grand Theft Auto V

Silent Jay

So, 2 days deep into my GTA V experience, my thoughts:

-The graphics and presentation in general are perfect. Not a single bad thing to say.

-The driving, while not perfect and definitely not as good as the last game's, is good enough

-The missions and story in general are a vast improvement on IV's, as is the single player environment in itself. Everything just feels alive.

-Still not sure what to think of the new combat system. I really like the melee combat, but the new gunfighting mechanics have yet to grow on me. They're not bad, but I miss being able to crouch and some of it feels kind of clunky.

-The map is perfect.

-The only real complaint I have is the new drive-by shooting mechanics. It's pretty much impossible to land a shot with your pistol without wasting half the clip just getting your reticle on target.

Edited by bacardimayne

Agree about drive-by shooting, could really do with an auto-aim on there.

I love how they have brought back the silliness and humour that was missing in GTA 4 which at times tried to be too serious.

The side missions are a massive improvement and are really fun with huge variety.

The activities here are actually fun and well balanced with a huge variation so it is virtually impossible to get bored.

Totally agree about the map being perfect, I felt that Liberty City in GTA 4 while cool never felt that inviting towards exploration where as I could happily spend hours cruising around all the countryside, climbing the mountains or exploring the desert.

Edited by Tater Totts

This is gonna sound weird...but I'm not use to driving in this game yet. I'm too use to GTA IV's driving.

Mission-wise I just got to Trevor. I can already tell he's gonna be fucking hilarious :lol:

I've barely seen any of the northern part of the map. In fact, Trevor's area is the highest point north I've been, and the only part above the city area.

I'm gonna play this game all day tomorrow ^_^

Put in another 6 hours last night and I've just (almost) gotten to the part where the three characters meet for the first time. Think I'm going to spend a few hours tonight just pissing about on some of the side missions though before I get back into the story proper. Got tonight and tomorrow night left to play before I head off to the US so I'm making the most of that time for now. :D

Guess she wouldn't appreciate you postponing the wedding until you complete it!

Luckily we have to wait for a couple of weeks after the wedding before her visa gets approved and she can come back to the UK so I get some more GTA time. :lol:

My 40GB is still running.

You would be able to play GTA: V only on it :lol:

Forgot to mention that I did upgrade it to a 320GB hard drive, but the system itself still runs great :lol:

Me too.

There are no serious problems with the fat PS3's as far as I know. I once read that less than 1% of them failed compared to 33% of the original 360s.. not sure how true that is but the YLOD fault on the PS3 is very uncommon. I wouldn't worry about it AxlisOld. That said, new PS3's are going pretty cheap right now and there's a tonne of great games that you can get very cheaply.

Agree about drive-by shooting, could really do with an auto-aim on there.

I love how they have brought back the silliness and humour that was missing in GTA 4 which at times tried to be too serious.

The side missions are a massive improvement and are really fun with huge variety.

The activities here are actually fun and well balanced with a huge variation so it is virtually impossible to get bored.

Totally agree about the map being perfect, I felt that Liberty City in GTA 4 while cool never felt that inviting towards exploration where as I could happily spend hours cruising around all the countryside, climbing the mountains or exploring the desert.

The drive by doesn't need auto aim, just a second or two of the reticule being on screen before you start shooting so you have time to line up the shot. Gta 4 had it perfect.

The drive by doesn't need auto aim, just a second or two of the reticule being on screen before you start shooting so you have time to line up the shot. Gta 4 had it perfect.

Surely the best way to do it would be to press a button to bring up the targeting reticule then the same button to cancel it and use a different button to fire? Gotta say I'm not a fan of having to hold the fire button down and firing constantly while driving. Not that it's a big deal considering how much they got right this time around.

Surely the best way to do it would be to press a button to bring up the targeting reticule then the same button to cancel it and use a different button to fire? Gotta say I'm not a fan of having to hold the fire button down and firing constantly while driving. Not that it's a big deal considering how much they got right this time around.

I almost feel like that'd make it too easy.