Grand Theft Auto V

Silent Jay

Today is the day that I'm finally going to get to really dig in. I did a couple of fun exploring type things over the past few days and a couple small missions but not much else. I'm looking forward to actually getting to dig into the game deeper. I wanna get to the point that the other characters are introduced and start messing with that stuff.

Yeah but in normal combat they have lock on so it would make sense for a similar sort of thing for drive by shooting, or atleast have two buttons for it.

I don't think a lock on would work for drive by shooting cuz a lot of the time you need to shoot the car itself not the driver. I'd be cool just being able to pick my shots while aiming without shooting continually.

I would like it if they changed the colour of the reticule so it's easier to make out against the background though. I've found myself taking a second or so to see where I'm aiming which may not sound like a long time but when you're doing 100 mph in heavy traffic you kinda need to know exactly where you're shooting in an instant.

Edited by Dazey

For Xbox 360 users:

To cut down load times when starting the game, install the "play" disc on a USB memory key. As reported earlier, do not install it to your Xbox's hard drive (results in pop-ups). But I tried installing the play disc to a Xbox 360 - formatted USB memory stick last night and discovered a significant difference between initial load times when compared to running off the disc. I haven't actually timed it, but I would say you're going to save 30 seconds to a couple of minutes using a memory stick versus a disc when you first load up the game.

• Like 1

The plan to dig in a bit more is going well. I have two of the three characters going now and I've been doing a lot of the things you guys have been talking about. How do I get the the third character? Feel free to use the spoiler tag to answer if needed.
You need to finish the first heist mission. He recognises Michael from the news coverage and comes looking for him.
Edited by Dazey

For Xbox 360 users:

To cut down load times when starting the game, install the "play" disc on a USB memory key. As reported earlier, do not install it to your Xbox's hard drive (results in pop-ups). But I tried installing the play disc to a Xbox 360 - formatted USB memory stick last night and discovered a significant difference between initial load times when compared to running off the disc. I haven't actually timed it, but I would say you're going to save 30 seconds to a couple of minutes using a memory stick versus a disc when you first load up the game.

Thanks, I'm gonna try this.

Also:

I just played the Lazlow mission...lulz!

Just got to the point of unlocking Trevor. I must say -

that it was VERY brave of Rockstar to kill off Johnny given that he was the main character in a previous GTA game. Sad, also, that he had obviously fallen foul of meth given that he was so into telling his female friend from TLATD to stay away from it.
Edited by PappyTron

For Xbox 360 users:

I should be clearer (as my personal friends who I've told about this were confused) that the memory stick doesn't have to be specifically designed for Xbox. Any old USB memory stick (though probably want 2.0 or better) that has at least 8 GB of free space. They say you can get away with an 8 GB stick, but recommend something a little bigger (I'm using a 32 GB). Just go into you Xbox settings with the memory key installed in your xbox and have it format it for use on your xbox. This will clear all data that's on your memory stick however.

For Xbox 360 users:

I should be clearer (as my personal friends who I've told about this were confused) that the memory stick doesn't have to be specifically designed for Xbox. Any old USB memory stick (though probably want 2.0 or better) that has at least 8 GB of free space. They say you can get away with an 8 GB stick, but recommend something a little bigger (I'm using a 32 GB). Just go into you Xbox settings with the memory key installed in your xbox and have it format it for use on your xbox. This will clear all data that's on your memory stick however.

I already did that ahead of time since I thought I would install the game on a USB (since I didn't have enough memory on my Xbox)

Instead I took all my stuff off my Xbox and stored it on a different flash drive. That way I had enough to install the game on the Xbox harddrive. My other USB is already formatted now ^_^

The plan to dig in a bit more is going well. I have two of the three characters going now and I've been doing a lot of the things you guys have been talking about. How do I get the the third character? Feel free to use the spoiler tag to answer if needed.
You need to finish the first heist mission. He recognises Michael from the news coverage and comes looking for him.

Ok cool. Thanks for the info!

Whoa, the mission where Michael

goes with Jimmy to the Burger Shot and drinks that drink...holy shit! What a trippy/awesome mission! It was fun as fuck to fly around Los Santos with trippy music/lights (and in his underwear :lol: ). Also when he wakes up a block away from his house...
Edited by Crazyman

that it was VERY brave of Rockstar to kill off Johnny given that he was the main character in a previous GTA game. Sad, also, that he had obviously fallen foul of meth given that he was so into telling his female friend from TLATD to stay away from it.
Glad I completed that this morning then! Shame - really.

Imagine how big it would have been if they'd killed of everybody's favourite GTA protagonist, CJ!!! Personally, I like Mr Bellic the most, but I seem to be in the minority there.

Imagine how big it would have been if they'd killed of everybody's favourite GTA protagonist, CJ!!! Personally, I like Mr Bellic the most, but I seem to be in the minority there.

Is CJ really the favorite? Tommy Vercetti seems to get the most love (though I think either Niko or Trevor is my favorite now).

I almost died laughing in the mission cutscene where

Trevor shows up while Franklin and Lamar are talking and joins them for the drug mission.

Is CJ really the favorite? Tommy Vercetti seems to get the most love (though I think either Niko or Trevor is my favorite now).

Trevor shows up while Franklin and Lamar are talking and joins them for the drug mission.

Literally just got done with that one :lol:

What is this, fucking drywall? :lol:

Turns out to be a gangbang on Grove St, same place where CJ used to live. Was awesome seeing that

It helped that I had just spent a decent amount of money making Trevor look somewhat decent for the first time and then he fucking randomly shows up in the hood looking like he's trying to fit in. :lol:

• Like 1

It helped that I had just spent a decent amount of money making Trevor look somewhat decent for the first time and then he fucking randomly shows up in the hood looking like he's trying to fit in. :lol:

Lol I wasn't expecting it either. Throws Franklins Aunt 7 bucks and tells her to fuck off :lol: