Grand Theft Auto V

Silent Jay

Same, I managed to get online once and it randomly spawned me out of the sky, no tutorial missions or anything and my character was bugged. Couldn't do anything other than drive around and talk to one dude. Fuck this shit for a few days until its stable.

Yeah, I tried going online with my friends for the first time last night. I got through the first two tutorial exercises (the race and then the drug hold up), but didn't get much father. When I tried to sign up for a job, I was taken into a lobby screen where I joined a bunch of other people. But then it said I was timed out and the game kicked me back to story mode.

Amazingly, I fared much better than my friends. One waited 15 minutes for the tutorial to start, but something went wrong after the car race. My other friend just drove around the city and wasn't able to get the tutorial going. It doesn't help that you can't contact your friends in game or ask them to join your game until they and yourself have finished the tutorial.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how long the tutorial is? Is it just a couple of missions (car race, drug hold up?).

Starting to think the two week separation between solo game and multiplayer wasn't nearly long enough.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how long the tutorial is? Is it just a couple of missions (car race, drug hold up?).

Not sure if anyone cares enough so I'll just use spoiler tags just in case

Yeah pretty much. Theres the race, drug hold up, then you rob a store and get a car and purchase insurance on it (seriously :lol:) then they dump you off in freeroam. From there you get texts about "jobs" which are a variation of different play vs. player and co-op game types.

After a little fucking around the first day I've had no problem getting online :takethat:

Not sure if anyone cares enough so I'll just use spoiler tags just in case

Yeah pretty much. Theres the race, drug hold up, then you rob a store and get a car and purchase insurance on it (seriously :lol:) then they dump you off in freeroam. From there you get texts about "jobs" which are a variation of different play vs. player and co-op game types.

After a little fucking around the first day I've had no problem getting online :takethat:

Cool, thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

the online play is still seriously fucked up, was running better as the day went, but in the afternoon you couldnt save anything.

each person who played online in october will get free 500k from rockstar, for all the fuck ups they have had with rolling out the online component half finished. when you actually get to play the game it is a blast online, especially the racing.

Edited by bran

the online play is still seriously fucked up, was running better as the day went, but in the afternoon you couldnt save anything.

each person who played online in october will get free 500k from rockstar, for all the fuck ups they have had with rolling out the online component half finished. when you actually get to play the game it is a blast online, especially the racing.

Yeah, racing was really fun for me at first cause I left fuckers in my dust all day, now that I'm getting matched with better players I usually just get knocked around and finish in the bottom tier every time

I just unlocked the sniper so I've had a lot of fun stealing a helicopter from the sheriff office in Palito, taking it downtown, and going from rooftop to rooftop hunting other players, definitely a good way to be a total dick and piss kids off :lol:

Edited by sweetness

I haven't had a lot of luck online. Not that I haven't been able to get online, but that I still haven't made much sense of the world. Plus, I've never been that great of an online player so I'm constantly getting killed (seems like every time I try to buy a gun at the gun store someone runs up behind me and kills me).

The sad part is that most of my buddies who were excited to play online have moved on. I was hoping to play as a crew with them but they're no longer interested in dealing with the headaches.

• 1 month later...

I finished it awhile ago. While I enjoyed the single player mission, I have felt a strong need to go back. There are some heist missions I'd like to revisit and play the alternative takes, but the online play wasn't for me. Too many jackasses running around. I supposedly have a half millions waiting for my character if I were to ever log on again but I wouldn't know what to do with it. Most of my friends who have the game grew tired of the online connection issues and we never really tried to form a crew. Shame because I think it had lots of potential.

• 1 month later...

anyone finished the game?

Bumping this thread slightly so I can chime in. I finally finished the game tonight after getting it for Christmas and only having a few days here and there to get some solid hours in.

Right now I'm working through the side missions and strangers. After that I might start the game again. It was that damn good, and I'd love to take different approaches to the heists and some of the other missions.