Grand Theft Auto V

Silent Jay

Franklin's should be Grove Street Garage

You have to buy that (and all the other garages) right?

I did and it was $30k.

Love spending all my money on stocks before the assassination missions and making a killing. :awesomeface:

Yeah the making money on assassinations seems kind of broken, not that I'm complaining.

I just did the main missions with Franklin, so with the amounts I was able to invest (about $77k and then $100k) I was making an extra $30k-ish on each of the missions, which doesn't seem too much. That said, I need to start making some serious dough soon because I wanna buy that golf course ($150M). :D

I don't think the emphasis on this game is being short of money at any point.

Edit: I find it funny that Trevor had the most amount of money early on in the game. :lol:

Edited by Aaron_H

Can you casually play this game 30 minutes a night or do you have of get pretty involved with 2 hour sessions to "get it" and appreciate the story lines?

Anything less than an hour or two and you're probably not going to get the best of it. Preparation missions for one of the heists alone are reported to take in excess of four hours.

Can you casually play this game 30 minutes a night or do you have of get pretty involved with 2 hour sessions to "get it" and appreciate the story lines?

Anything less than an hour or two and you're probably not going to get the best of it. Preparation missions for one of the heists alone are reported to take in excess of four hours.
Depends what you want to do though, some story missions take longer than half an hour but if that is all the time you have there is plenty to do such as races, rampages and assassination missions which take 5 minutes at most.

I'm so glad that

Packie
makes a return!

I beat the game but I'm not sure when this happened. Could you explain? (In spoiler tags if needed)

Also, I started a new game to play all the side missions and play the stock market earlier in the game. Otherwise there's no way I could afford all the properties. Someone posted a screenshot of each character with like $1.5 billion :lol:

WITH A B!

Edited by Crazyman

Trying to slow down on this game so I don't beat the main story so quick. Going through every thing imaginable first.

I haven't been rushing through the story and have been trying some other stuff out as well and I am about 2/3 of the way through (going by the mission count) with about 32 hours played.

I picked the game up yesterday, only got about an hour or so of playing/exploring in but it looks great. I'll probably spend tonight just doing missions.

I got into GTA when III came out, loved San Andreas but didn't like 4 much at all. Plus, the xbox was my brothers so I haven't played video games since I moevd out of my parents house, so it's kind of refreshing to be stoked for a video game again :lol:

Edited by RickRoses

I'm so glad that

Packie
makes a return!

I beat the game but I'm not sure when this happened. Could you explain? (In spoiler tags if needed)

Also, I started a new game to play all the side missions and play the stock market earlier in the game. Otherwise there's no way I could afford all the properties. Someone posted a screenshot of each character with like $1.5 billion :lol:

WITH A B!

Sure -

I found him during one of the earlier random encounters. He and a friend were sticking up a store, forgotten to bring a car (!!!) and needed a getaway driver; I had Franklin oblige.

Two questions -

1 - Has anyone found a suit and tie combination? I can't find any ties to wear.

2 - When do haircuts and stuff unlock? I'm past the point of the reunion and Michael still only has three hair cuts and stubble or clean shaved as options. Is that it?

Edited by PappyTron

I'm so glad that

Packie
makes a return!

WITH A B!

Sure -

I found him during one of the earlier random encounters. He and a friend were sticking up a store, forgotten to bring a car (!!!) and needed a getaway driver; I had Franklin oblige.

Two questions -

1 - Has anyone found a suit and tie combination? I can't find any ties to wear.

2 - When do haircuts and stuff unlock? I'm past the point of the reunion and Michael still only has three hair cuts and stubble or clean shaved as options. Is that it?

There's a barber in the rich part of LS with more expensive options.

I'm so glad that

Packie
makes a return!

You can still play the game after the main story is completed, right? Like to complete other side missions and bonus shit?

Yes. I'm just doing it like that to see how much money I can get. Plus, I'm playing it more thoroughly this time. The first time I played I just went through the missions and ignored pretty much everything else. Now I'm gonna do all the side missions, etc. while I'm also doing the regular ones.