Grand Theft Auto V

Silent Jay

Also, for XBOX 360 users, they're saying not to install the play disc, otherwise the game won't run as well. The game comes with two discs, and install disc and a play disc. Not sure why installing the play disc would detract the game's performance, but anyway, that's what they're saying.

Wait, so I thought you were supposed to install with the install disc then play with the play disc right? You said not to install the play disc, is that a typo or is there something to install with the play disc too? I'm confused...

EDIT: or by "install play disc" do they mean not to download it to the hard drive?

Edited by sweetness

I really don't give a fig for video games and haven't for the better part of ten years, but I'd be interested in GTA V if it was like Vice City and San Andreas.

My central problem with GTA IV (I played it for an hour and gave the fuck up, back when you could actually rent video games): THE DRIVING!!!!

Driving in those PS2 GTA games was as easy as easy could be. It was very arcade like and simple. It was a joy.

GTA IV? Ghey driving, by every definition. From what I remember, the camera wasn't fixed, I had to fucking rotate the screen with the right stick which coupled with the complicated mechanics which was supposed to make things feel more real (like I want a fucking game to feel like a Volvo) made it impossible for me to get anywhere and therefore play the actual game.

If this issue isn't fixed, if the driving hasn't reverted to the simplistic arcade style that defined the former games, I'm not even gonna bother with how good it is. I just won't be able to play the damn thing.

you were bad, plain and simple

Also, for XBOX 360 users, they're saying not to install the play disc, otherwise the game won't run as well. The game comes with two discs, and install disc and a play disc. Not sure why installing the play disc would detract the game's performance, but anyway, that's what they're saying.

Wait, so I thought you were supposed to install with the install disc then play with the play disc right? You said not to install the play disc, is that a typo or is there something to install with the play disc too? I'm confused...

EDIT: or by "install play disc" do they mean not to download it to the hard drive?

I meant you're suppose to install the install disc and keep the play disc in the tray. Some people might install both discs so the game runs completely off the hard drive, but Rockstar is saying that will degrade the game's performance. As someone posted above, having the game pull data from both the harddrive and the disc drive improves the processing of the game. Hope this clears it up.

I meant you're suppose to install the install disc and keep the play disc in the tray. Some people might install both discs so the game runs completely off the hard drive, but Rockstar is saying that will degrade the game's performance. As someone posted above, having the game pull data from both the harddrive and the disc drive improves the processing of the game. Hope this clears it up.

K, so basically just do it as you're supposed to, intall the install disc, play the game with the play disc in the drive. Easy enough

I remember installing GTA IV to the hard drive and it running like shit too, couldn't imagine this being any different