What do you LIKE about the current band?

Blusky Grenfield

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players! and the chemistry they have together on stage and on the chinese songs!

can';t wait to see and hear what they can forge together!

since chinese democracy was recorded 9/10 of the players are replaced... and I think Dj Ashba, RF, Bbf, Goose,Frank,Tommy,Dizzy and the major himself can come up with some wonderfull songs.

I don't feel a connection with the members like I did with Robin, Bucket, and Brain.

I like their chemistry tho. I think they can do some really cool stuff.

They put on a great show. Live, it's a quality experience imo. The most talented players right now for me (besides Axl) are Tommy, Bumble, and Fortus. I like them.

Dj Ashba. He's resident whipping boy- but to me he adds much needed energy and charisma to the live show and it's cool to see somebody legitimately stoked to be in GN'R and seemingly appreciate the history of the band, etc.

I also like the fact that Axl seems to be much happier and less defensive in recent years. His self-deprecating humor is refreshing and surprises (positively) a lot of people who had a different image of him in their minds.

The name. But not what it represents.

Probably essentially this. It's a group of great players with an insane leader past his prime and DJ Ashba. I'd love to see what they can do (and what Axl can still do), but so far Axl feels they should stick to being a cover band. That's a shame. Nowhere near the raw power and danger than made me fall in love with gnr.

Edited by username

So many things:

- Axl is clearly very happy, something we haven't seen in a long time

- The band has a huge amount of chemistry together on stage

- Consistently doing shows - it's not a recluse period

- Doing some new things live: i.e. UCAP tour, residency, playing new countries

The love for Axl! Watching Axl perform (no matter how fucked up his voice seems to be right now) on a regular basis is by itself a huge privilege. The guy's a living legend and one of the last true rock stars out there. New music or not just keep rockin'Axl! :shades:

Edited by trqster

I like the show they put on.

I like Bumble, Tommy, Frank, Axl, well - the whole band.

They are working as a unit, when you look at them you see it's a band.

I like Axl's lyrics, voice, styles, attitude.

I like the fact that they know they aren't in an easy situation but they go for it anyway, and slowly but surely they are winning.

I like the fact that the band and its members communicate via different channels, be it social media, TV, print etc.

The last years, following the botched release of CD, have been great.