**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well sure, I know my connection isn't fibre optic but I can stream Youtube in HD alright and well, the streaming player is just not great, even if I pause it, it doesn't build up the stream like youtube seems to do! A download obviously take a few hours or even a day for full HD. However, at least it would be a uninterrupted experience which clearly it has to be for full enjoyment! I'm sure others are thinking exactly the same!
Other than that, it sounds and looks amazing, well done on that! With all the delays, I thought at least they'd be ready for this though!

Edited by colonizedmind

I streamed it on laptop with no buffering. If it stoos its your connection.

Going to have to disagree with you there. Being a addon developer for xbmc since 2010, I've ran into issues similar as this numerous times over the year albeit usually 480/720 sources. Usually it is caused by to many people trying to access the same source material simultaneously or it's the actual source itself. My network is more then capable of streaming 1080p without issue and I am having buffering issues as well, so I'm inclined to say its source related.

Guest Gunns

Usually it is caused by to many people trying to access the same source material simultaneously or it's the actual source itself. I'm inclined to say its source related.

Heaven help us all when the brazilians start buying the digital release!!!!

Usually it is caused by to many people trying to access the same source material simultaneously or it's the actual source itself. I'm inclined to say its source related.
Heaven help us all when the brazilians start buying the digital release!!!!

There'll be no hope for us then...lol

we appreciate everyone who supports this release and as everyone knows, we have honestly killed ourselves to make this happen and put out an amazing and special concert release for the fans. ALL WE ASK PLEASE is that you DO NOT RIP/STEAL THIS MOVIE or attempt any illegal piracy which is considered THEFT on any website/torrent site, as it will only hurt us and everyone involved, as we spent a considerable cost to make this happen for the fans. Please take the high road and do the right thing and please report to us any illegal download or torrent illegal activity that you may see. We ask you to please do the right thing and buy the product in whatever format you choose, but do not encourage any illegal piracy that is honestly killing the entire music industry and innocent people/small companies like ourselves who rely on this little income to put food on our tables. Not trying to be sappy here, just being real. We don't ask much from you at all, but to enjoy the movie, so all we ask is for you to look out for us as well. It's a 2 way street. Thanks so much

• Like 1

we appreciate everyone who supports this release and as everyone knows, we have honestly killed ourselves to make this happen and put out an amazing and special concert release for the fans. ALL WE ASK PLEASE is that you DO NOT RIP/STEAL THIS MOVIE or attempt any illegal piracy which is considered THEFT on any website/torrent site, as it will only hurt us and everyone involved, as we spent a considerable cost to make this happen for the fans. Please take the high road and do the right thing and please report to us any illegal download or torrent illegal activity that you may see. We ask you to please do the right thing and buy the product in whatever format you choose, but do not encourage any illegal piracy that is honestly killing the entire music industry and innocent people/small companies like ourselves who rely on this little income to put food on our tables. Not trying to be sappy here, just being real. We don't ask much from you at all, but to enjoy the movie, so all we ask is for you to look out for us as well. It's a 2 way street. Thanks so much

Don't worry we are all good eggs here.

It would just be cool if we could actually legally watch it after paying for it.

I'm trying to watch the show via the app too, but the absence of a "play all" option is pretty annoying. Really breaks up the experience. Hopefully fantracks can slip a few quick improvements in... I'd be happy to email them with a list of 4 or 5 issues if people want to put them forward.

Rockfuel have done a fantastic job mixing the guitars and layers together. I'm really impressed!

I've seen about half so far - the big question everyone wants to know... Axl's performance? Exceeding my expectations so far. Hardly his best show ever, but definitely one of the better performances from that era so far from what I've heard.

I would agree with your assessment. It seems pretty comparable to the last two shows of the residency I saw in person.

Ali

Axl Morris, I'm sorry you're having difficulties with the app version. We've had thousands of people watching the stream version with no issues at all. Others with minor browser/compatibility issues that for the most part were resolved. Bandwidth connections do vary. Again, (and I know its a bit frustrating) but reach out again to support@fantracks.com and they will do everything possible to help you. we/they will never turn our backs on anyone .

• Like 1

Rockfuel: congrats that this has finally hit the cinemas and is available for purchase. I hope that I can purchase it in Canada without have to pay extra charges though. Question - would you consider filming for GNR again if the opportunity arose? This release will likely be your best seller but is it worth going through the frustrations all over again?

I'll buy the blu ray but I'll definitely be downloading the audio illegally since there is no audio cd option.

I don't see why I should have to pay for the audio of a concert that I've already bought

The smashing pumpkins release included an audio cd and it was promised to us so I've done as much as I can.

Also as stated earlier it is not illegal to make an audio back up of a blu ray/DVD that you've purchased

I'm trying to watch the show via the app too, but the absence of a "play all" option is pretty annoying. Really breaks up the experience. Hopefully fantracks can slip a few quick improvements in... I'd be happy to email them with a list of 4 or 5 issues if people want to put them forward.

Rockfuel have done a fantastic job mixing the guitars and layers together. I'm really impressed!

I've seen about half so far - the big question everyone wants to know... Axl's performance? Exceeding my expectations so far. Hardly his best show ever, but definitely one of the better performances from that era so far from what I've heard.

I would agree with your assessment. It seems pretty comparable to the last two shows of the residency I saw in person.

Ali

They were the two I was at too. The second last was particularly good, and this show is definitely on a similar level.

Axl Morris, I'm sorry you're having difficulties with the app version. We've had thousands of people watching the stream version with no issues at all. Others with minor browser/compatibility issues that for the most part were resolved. Bandwidth connections do vary. Again, (and I know its a bit frustrating) but reach out again to support@fantracks.com and they will do everything possible to help you. we/they will never turn our backs on anyone .

Thanks for taking the time to address people's concerns. I know it's not easy to hear people's complaints when you've only just got the thing out. Hopefully the issues can be worked through soon so everybody gets to enjoy it. :)

You guys have done a great job putting this together and I think most of us are grateful to see it looking and sounding so good.

we do encourage any improvements to make the viewing experience better for all. we are all audiophiles and purists on our side, and fantracks will continue to make tweaks and upgrades as needed. please send any suggestions to support@fantracks.com. But please keep in mind, the type of bandwidth/connection you have in most cases will dictate the viewer experience. I do know they will be including another SD option for people with lower bandwidth to watch it on to reduce buffering. HD does require a fast connection.

thanks so much High Voltage for your kind words

Edited by rockfuel
  • Like 1

Ali

They were the two I was at too. The second last was particularly good, and this show is definitely on a similar level.

Thanks for taking the time to address people's concerns. I know it's not easy to hear people's complaints when you've only just got the thing out. Hopefully the issues can be worked through soon so everybody gets to enjoy it. :)

You guys have done a great job putting this together and I think most of us are grateful to see it looking and sounding so good.

Agreed. I would also say the last three shows were all better than the show that was broadcast on satellite radio.

Ali

A+ to Rockfuel on the quality of the show. Amazing really. Can't wait for the Blu-ray to arrive. C- to Fantracks on the "mobile app". C for the effort in trying something new. But as many have already posted, it was a hassle for many.

I finally got it working to my TV. Went old school. Hooked up my laptop like a monitor, and my TV had an audio input like a computer monitor. I couldn't get to paradise city since I could not scroll down, and hopefully the cut off patience will be fixed. Picture was ok with this setup, audio if course not good, but that's what the Blu-ray will provide.

For this with buffering issues. I have found that 10MB per second is required to stream HD content. That's confirmed speed, not the badged plan. My plan is 20MB, and I usually get 10 to 12 on Wi-Fi.

For those waiting for the Blu-ray, you will not be disappointed. Rockfuel did a great job putting this film together. Only impatient folks like me would I recommend the streaming option.

Hey Rockfuel, sorry for my mean words to you in the past. I think the whole bootleg show thing was a misunderstanding and maybe you didn't get it was unrelated to this at all.

Anyways, congrats on finally getting this thing out. Looking forward to buying the bluray. Hope you have a nice beer tonight

• Like 1

Alright, it's finally showing up for me on the Fantracks website. The account just wasn't recognizing that I bought it until now for some reason.

Still haven't tried my phone or accessing the soundtrack which you apparently can't do on the fantracks website(?).

Anyone know if this plays on Xbox?