**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey rockfuel, awesome job on getting this released!

I'm wondering if this will be available at retail stores in Canada (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc.) on July 1 or is Amazon.ca our only option for the Blu-ray at the moment?

DutchAxl, currently you have 2 HD options 720 and 1080, which is on the player. If you're not seeing this in HD, then it's your internet connection. We will be adding an SD 480 option for people with slower bandwidth, but the player is delivering an HD 1080 signal

I can confirm what rockfuel is saying, I've been bored this rainy Sunday afternoon and after reviewing the stream and checking against the trailers it appears that overall the digital stream in total comes in close to 20gb as a whole. Easily done with the right compression. Great job rockfuel! Edited by systronic
  • Like 1

DutchAxl, currently you have 2 HD options 720 and 1080, which is on the player. If you're not seeing this in HD, then it's your internet connection. We will be adding an SD 480 option for people with slower bandwidth, but the player is delivering an HD 1080 signal

I can confirm what rockfuel is saying, I've been bored this rainy Sunday afternoon and after reviewing the stream and checking against the trailers it appears that overall the digital stream in total comes in close to 20gb as a whole. Easily done with the right compression. Great job rockfuel!

So you have the 1080p option in the full dvd?

Just finished watching on my computer. Few things I noticed.

- Some really bad editing at times, particularly a shot of Fortus during KOHD I think where he's wearing completely different clothes, a hat and has a different guitar from earlier in the show followed immediately by a current shot of Fortus again looking totally different.

- The graphics went out at one point during Catcher. lol.

- Axl sounded great during November Rain in a really weird shaky way.

- Did anyone notice the songwriting credits at the end? Some different stuff to the booklets. Robin is credited as a songwriter for CD, SOD and Catcher.

Edited by Broskirose

yes will be in canada and international...do not have a confirmed date yet..will let you know.

Will this be in cinemas in Norway?

I have the DVD + digital album (the app) but when i log in and watch it on my Mac, i don't get the option for Apple TV.. how do i send it from my Mac to Apple TV?

- Did anyone notice the songwriting credits at the end? Some different stuff to the booklets. Robin is credited as a songwriter for CD, SOD and Catcher.

I believe that's correct.

Looking it up in the ASCAP directory, Finck does indeed have credit for those songs.

Axl could've been better. I'll wait to watch on Blu Ray in surround sound before judging the performances.

This thing really cemented my hatred for guitar solo rock. It's such a cheap gimmick and totally isn't necessary most of the time. Just a free pass to get from the 2nd chorus to the final verse without doing anything interesting. Guns are hardly the worst offenders (especially on Chi-Dem where the solos are used in a more interesting though still somewhat flawed way) but sitting through nearly 3 hours of it can get tedious.

DJ really is just a flat out bad musician. Richard and Ron are talented, but their tones and repetitive approach to the instrument can be "meh" after a while.

yes will be in canada and international...do not have a confirmed date yet..will let you know.

So with me living in canada and all, I won't be going to a local store on July 2nd and finding it on the shelf? Is there any estimate on when canada will see it?

• Like 1

Axl could've been better. I'll wait to watch on Blu Ray in surround sound before judging the performances.

This thing really cemented my hatred for guitar solo rock. It's such a cheap gimmick and totally isn't necessary most of the time. Just a free pass to get from the 2nd chorus to the final verse without doing anything interesting. Guns are hardly the worst offenders (especially on Chi-Dem where the solos are used in a more interesting though still somewhat flawed way) but sitting through nearly 3 hours of it can get tedious.

DJ really is just a flat out bad musician. Richard and Ron are talented, but their tones and repetitive approach to the instrument can be "meh" after a while.

Well, I disagree with that. I couldn't live without guitar solos!

• Like 1

I can confirm what rockfuel is saying, I've been bored this rainy Sunday afternoon and after reviewing the stream and checking against the trailers it appears that overall the digital stream in total comes in close to 20gb as a whole. Easily done with the right compression. Great job rockfuel!

If you're asking me, yes when I watched it a second time today to see how close the digital stream was to a 25gb bluray, I was able to get 1080. However, this morning/shortly after release I had numerous buffering issues that I had actually noticed the other day when watching the sneak peek clips. The 1080 this afternoon was achieved over a hardwired connection, 45Mbps Internet connection and a Ping of 22ms.

If you're asking me, yes when I watched it a second time today to see how close the digital stream was to a 25gb bluray, I was able to get 1080. However, this morning/shortly after release I had numerous buffering issues that I had actually noticed the other day when watching the sneak peek clips. The 1080 this afternoon was achieved over a hardwired connection, 45Mbps Internet connection and a Ping of 22ms.

But im talking about an option where you click 720p or 1080p, not automatic quality depending of the internet

But im talking about an option where you click 720p or 1080p, not automatic quality depending of the internet
Ah, I misunderstood. I'll be back from the grocery store in about 20 mins and will report back.

EDIT: just to update, I do not have a 720/1080 option in ios or my Mac Pro using Chrome or Firefox.

Edited by systronic

Guest Gunns

Why don't you just call it "Dad Rock" like you've been saying the last few months.

You're criticizing a performance that features songs from the bands prime, being played exactly the same in terms of song structure.

Your review is shit, why don't you focus on the actual performance of the songs and not if you find the guitar solos within a song boring. What were you expecting, Axl to cut all the solos out of sweet child, etc and add in some other shit?

• Like 4

Guest Gunns

Replacing the guitar solos with moody synths would make them much better, because moody synths somehow aren't cheap gimmicks.

Haha exactly, or looped samples like generic drum machine fills, it's so much more authentic in a live setting :lol:

Replacing the guitar solos with moody synths would make them much better, because moody synths somehow aren't cheap gimmicks.

Haha exactly, or looped samples like generic drum machine fills, it's so much more authentic in a live setting :lol:

Now you're talking.

Maybe there is a nice Human League Blu Ray that might be more Broski's cup of tea :P

• Like 1