**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/16** Guns N' Roses Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Film/DVD/Blu-Ray

rockfuel

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Me too. That was classic.

Also, did anyone else notice that DJ and Tommy were like having sex on stage toward the end of the concert?

Yeah, that was cringeworthy supreme.

I liked the piano in Patience's second half, never noticed it lol.

November Rain's first verse was perfect and then Axl was like "shaky"

Guest Gunns

genius

I don't like that word. It makes my anus hurt.

I think that's your little fan boy crush for Robin Finck causing that problem.

• Like 1

I watched nightrain just now, but the audio was a bit off. Axl's mouth would move then the audio would come through delayed, not trying to start any problems, but wondering if this is just my issue or an issue with the app.

Noticed that too, and on Franks drumming

Nightrain is Rock Am Ring '06 level.

No way... and even if Axl sounds that good I don't feel as if the DJ/Ron outro solo since 09 has ever topped Ron's 06 Rock Am Ring level

Hope Im wrong

I agree with HV, Nightrain is RAR level, even DJs solo wasn't as bad as recently.

That's a serious claim - shall have to order the DVD from here in Englan come pay day this week, I think. I serously hope you are correct.

It's a serious claim and I totally stand by it.

Axl might not move quite as much, and the intensity levels are obviously a little lower than 2006 (it's a Vegas crowd after all)... but the vocal performance is nearly identical and the guitar (and general audio) mix is about 10000 times better. The RAR editing was also really annoying (way too many frantic cuts) - Vegas is shot and compiled a lot better. It's also one of the songs with the least shots of the girls on poles which I find pretty distracting in some of the others.

I would probably agree that Ron's solo in 2006 was better than the DJ/Ron combo, but you get some nice shots of DJ in the crowd during his which is kinda cool. I'm not saying it's better than the '06 performance but it's totally comparable. It's one of the highlights of the DVD for me. This whole show is a lot better than I was expecting... even You Could Be Mine is great.

No way... and even if Axl sounds that good I don't feel as if the DJ/Ron outro solo since 09 has ever topped Ron's 06 Rock Am Ring level

Hope Im wrong

I agree with HV, Nightrain is RAR level, even DJs solo wasn't as bad as recently.

That's a serious claim - shall have to order the DVD from here in Englan come pay day this week, I think. I serously hope you are correct.

It's a serious claim and I totally stand by it.

Axl might not move quite as much, and the intensity levels are obviously a little lower than 2006 (it's a Vegas crowd after all)... but the vocal performance is nearly identical and the guitar (and general audio) mix is about 10000 times better. The RAR editing was also really annoying (way too many frantic cuts) - Vegas is shot and compiled a lot better. It's also one of the songs with the least shots of the girls on poles which I find pretty distracting in some of the others.

I would probably agree that Ron's solo in 2006 was better than the DJ/Ron combo, but you get some nice shots of DJ in the crowd during his which is kinda cool. I'm not saying it's better than the '06 performance but it's totally comparable. It's one of the highlights of the DVD for me. This whole show is a lot better than I was expecting... even You Could Be Mine is great.

The 1st can't come soon enough

Guest Gunns

Gunns, any chance you could push the review thread up where people can find it ?

I can only bump it, ask the man upstairs if he could possibly sticky it under this thread ;) ...

for those that want quick access to it: here it is

and here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/207864-websites-mygnr-critical-reviews-and-analysis-of-appetite-for-democracy-3d-concert-release/page-4

Guest Gunns

Appetite for Democracy is showing as the 7th result for Top sales in the Bluray section for : future releases (category) on cduniverse (MASSIVE SITE)!!!!!

http://www.cduniverse.com/browsecat.asp?mode=future&config=&Cat=10031&Style=movie&Only=FUTURE&page=1

booyah!!!

this is listed for all categories, not just music/concert genre. Pretty good!

Edited by Gunns
  • Like 1

Can someone describe how streaming to your tv works. I have chromecast but I'm not getting any options to play it on chromecast from my phone or laptop.

I don't own a Chromecast but I'm guessing you can use "tab casting" to get it to work. I don't believe there's direct Chromecast support like there is with Youtube/Netflix etc. Tab casting is more universal but it doesn't work everywhere.

Does your laptop have a HDMI port? Get the stream playing on your laptop and connect the laptop directly to the TV over HDMI?

Appetite for Democracy is showing as the 7th result for Top sales in the Bluray section for : future releases (category) on cduniverse (MASSIVE SITE)!!!!!

http://www.cduniverse.com/browsecat.asp?mode=future&config=&Cat=10031&Style=movie&Only=FUTURE&page=1

booyah!!!

Also the only one on the front page stamped as a "Top Seller". :)