MSL discusses Guns n Roses

jimb0

If there is a remix album, than I hope it has some new songs that we haven't heard, even if its 2~3.

Anyways, the dvd is a nice way to hold us over, some of us that is, anything extra is just a bonus, until a new album comes out later this year.

No chance of this happening. Axl doesn't live in a world where regular time exists. While he goes on with his life, touring etc., years go by. If it takes him 5 years to remaster an album that has already been out, how on earth can GnR get it together to release new music. A proper remaster takes time, but where talking months here not years. It would be great to have CD re-released, with a fixed booklet, new artwork and so on. But GnR are incapable of doing anything, and as much as I like Axl, and the first incarnations of NuGnR -- Beta, Team Brazil, Mickey Mouse have been no more effective than past management in moving the band forward. Axl simply does not have a grasp of time. I truly believe he does intend to release music, but for him there is no realisation of how much time has passed. Decades! Even crap bands put out new music every few years.

Edited by KoolMonkey

so. to be clear. what's coming out soon for release is chinese democracy the remix album?

No, someone sending some remix songs to MSL does not imply that these songs will be released soon. It might be, but it could also be coincidence that they have surfaced now. Impossible to say.

In my personal opinion I'd prefer the band working on NEW music rather than making remixes of songs off CD.

Too much time has passed, that ship has now sailed. They need to focus on a new album, not remixes and alternative artwork.

The only alternative to a new album which would please me as a fan, would be a mini-EP like GNR Lies. Release something like this, to coincide with the Appetite For Democracy DVD:

1. The General 2. Silkworms 3. Atlas Shrugged 4. Goin' Down 5. Oh My God 6. Better accoustic 7. Nice Boys 2013 8. This I Love alt vocal take

Along with the Vegas DVD, that could keep me going a good year and a half while they worked up a brand new album for 2014/2015. It would also allow them to keep touring and spice up the setlists a little with the addition of a few new songs.

Edited by Towelie

I think the ship has sailed on a re-release for a while now unless it entailed the Chinese Democracy sessions (all of the material, alternate takes, clips of Axl flipping out at a drunken Pitman on the 36th take of Silkworms) , not the 14 track album and a Dj Better/Silkworms.

I think the ship has sailed on a re-release for a while now unless it entailed the Chinese Democracy sessions (all of the material, alternate takes, clips of Axl flipping out at a drunken Pitman on the 36th take of Silkworms) , not the 14 track album and a Dj Better/Silkworms.

I'd buy a Chinese re release only if it contained a bonus disc containing all the Buckethead and Robin Finck guitar solo work Axl has no plans for.

so. to be clear. what's coming out soon for release is chinese democracy the remix album?

No, someone sending some remix songs to MSL does not imply that these songs will be released soon. It might be, but it could also be coincidence that they have surfaced now. Impossible to say.

In my personal opinion I'd prefer the band working on NEW music rather than making remixes of songs off CD.

thanks for clarification. because i thought the 11 song disc in circulation would be the next guns n roses music release with the chidem remix album. it's good to hear the next guns record release will be new music with current members and not a remix album of chinese democracy.

thanks for clarification. because i thought the 11 song disc in circulation would be the next guns n roses music release with the chidem remix album. it's good to hear the next guns record release will be new music with current members and not a remix album of chinese democracy.

Huh? I haven't said it won't be the next release, just that we can't take it for granted.

DVD vegas is gonna sound just amazing! Its notorious that they have re-recorded lr re-mixed the whole show a loooot. Check rock fuel trailer summer release

I didn't hear any re-recorded vox. Just snippets of where he rasped it up.

I am wondering if Silkworms is being seriously considered to appear on the next record? Because according to people here who met Axl they asked about that tune and Axl said he is thinking about releasing it later this year.

Since I highly doubt a reissue is being considered in 2013 for the reaons already stated in posts here, I am wondering if a new album is what Axl was alluding to?

Edited by WhazUp

Am I the only one that isn't the least bit interested in a new Guns N' Roses song with lead vocals by someone other than Axl Rose?

Though I will try to keep an open mind about it, I think the only way that would appeal to me is in no form whatsoever.

Guest Gunns

Am I the only one that isn't the least bit interested in a new Guns N' Roses song with lead vocals by someone other than Axl Rose?

Though I will try to keep an open mind about it, I think the only way that would appeal to me is in no form whatsoever.

Agreed, I would rather Axl put a cover on the next album, say sailing or the seeker than a song that predominantly features another band members vocals.

Edited by Gunns

i literally drool at the thought of a studio recording of sailing. i feel weird saying this, but i feel like that song may very well be axls best performance to date, he relly poured his soul into it

Best new era performance def.

Whaz Up -
I don't think a reissue is on the table anymore, so Axl's comments about Silkworms lead me to believe it very well could appear on the next album. I know it's a polarizing song, but personally I've always loved it and I really hope it appears on the next record.

I always dug the song too, it is a very chaotic tune but I always enjoy hearing the live versions out right now

i really like the vocals in the studio version, a lot of effects though as well as the "accent" i guess you could say from the live version.

whatever happened in 2011... i can't speak about it. i always clear my gnr antics w/ my attorney and he has long advised me to not speak about the incident in 2011.

fair enough, makes sense. im still hopeful axl will release all the music one day anyways