Aerosmith: Permanent Vacation to present--your opinions

Vincent Vega

What are your opinions of Aerosmth's records, from their comeback with "Permanent Vacation" to the present?

Permanent Vacation (1987)

Pump (1989)

Get a Grip (1993)

Nine Lives (1996)

Just Push Play (1999)

Honkin' on Bobo (2004)

Music From Another Dimension (2012).

I have to say I think Vacation, Pump and Get a Grip are awesome albums, but I am surprised at how popular Aerosmith was in the '90s, even at the very peak of the Grunge era, Aerosmith were still huge.

Well they really reformed for Done With Mirrors (1984) and were still pleasingly ramshackle, and then all (apparently) got clean, did that single with Run DMC, and then did Permanent Vacation.

Anyway, here is my brief review of THAT album:

Done With Mirrors (1984) - Pleasingly ramshackle effort with some nice loose riffs and gets rocking on a few numbers -- The Hop, Darkness, Let The Music Do The Talking...there are other effortlessly memorable numbers like My Fist Your Face. Even the songs that least well gel are not really unlikable. It seems like it was a short and quick album but it's pretty good. ***/5

will compare the others later, have to sleep.

I actually really enjoyed Honkin On Bobo. It never gets mentioned but I guess it's because they came back after a five years with a record packed with covers. I liked it though. It seems pretty much impossible to do a version of Baby Please Don't Go that I don't like.

Well they really reformed for Done With Mirrors (1984) and were still pleasingly ramshackle, and then all (apparently) got clean, did that single with Run DMC, and then did Permanent Vacation.

Anyway, here is my brief review of THAT album:

Done With Mirrors (1984) - Pleasingly ramshackle effort with some nice loose riffs and gets rocking on a few numbers -- The Hop, Darkness, Let The Music Do The Talking...there are other effortlessly memorable numbers like My Fist Your Face. Even the songs that least well gel are not really unlikable. It seems like it was a short and quick album but it's pretty good. ***/5

will compare the others later, have to sleep.

I saw them on that tour, it was 1985, maybe early 1986. Sweatty Teddy Nugent opened up. 1 thing I remember during the Aerosmith show was there was a beach ball bouncing around, it made its way up to the stage and Steven kicked it back into the crowd, to keep it going(Big applause from the crowd)! Then the ball made its way back to the stage and Joe Perry grabbed it and threw it off backstage. A big BOO from the crowd. It's a freaking beach ball Joe, whats the problem??