Why do people dislike Green Day.

arnold layne

Green Day may be one of my favorite '90s bands. They were everything you could have asked for in a band: made catchy music, and released a lot frequently.

I have been listening to International Superhits! and I must say it's fantastic. They're just a solid all around alternative band.

I think it's more what they became, if they'd have split in a hail of lawsuits in the 90s...people wouldn't have looked so hard at the pseudo-punk. But they kind of turned into a rock band with American Idiot? I guess they just have to ride it out and become like the American U2.

Cuz they are posers

Nowadays Green Day is a pop punk band

In the 90's, they were good

What wasn't pop punk about albums like Dookie or Nimrod? Songs like When I Come Around, Nice Guys Finish Last, and Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) are still pop punk songs. Nothing's really changed. They got another surge of popularity after American Idiot came out, so there was an equal surge of hating them. Happens all the time.

I like them. When they are good they are really good. Some of their stuff is a bit middle of the road but they release a lot so that is bound to happen. I think they are a good value live band, their crowds seem to go mental for them. Dookie is a brilliant album, up there with AFD in terms of a defining sound at the time of release. I listen to it quite a lot.

St first, American Idiot did it. They tried to be political in that album. You just don't do that. Not like that. The song American Idiot is ridiculous, it's them trying to be edgy and 'cool' and it's not natural. Then, you got that RIDICULOUS Wake Me Up When September Ends music video. That was jumpin' on the anti-war wagon at it's best. Any band that gets that ridiculously political WILL get haters. It's annoying. And then it seemed like they loved getting political and edgy so they repeated the formula and took ti even deeper on that second rock-opera album of theirs, 21st Century Breakdown. And what's even worst? The songs got broadway-style! They tried to incorporate theatrical and opera-music influences into rock and I hate that. 21st Century Breakdown's music video is political all the way, 'cause they think it's "cool" to be. It makes them "rebels". Add that to that horrible song that seems so unnatural and so stitched together to try their best to be 'epic' and you get what you see. Plus, the album's a freakin' story. It's divided into three acts: "Heroes and Cons", "Charlatans and Saints", and "Horseshoes and Handgrenades". That is so gay and unnecessary. It screams for attention and for critical acclaim so much... The whole theme of "OMG it's a couple trying to survive the Bush administration!"... gimme a break. That's for 13-year old girls.

That and 21st Century Breakdown is a RIP OFF of Foxy On The Run.

I agree with those saying it's cool to hate Green Day. It kinda is...

When I was younger I liked Dookie and a handful on other singles, but I always hated American Idiot. The singles were played every other 20 minutes, and my brother played the shit out of that album, but even before it was played to death I thought it was total shit.

St first, American Idiot did it. They tried to be political in that album. You just don't do that. Not like that. The song American Idiot is ridiculous, it's them trying to be edgy and 'cool' and it's not natural. Then, you got that RIDICULOUS Wake Me Up When September Ends music video. That was jumpin' on the anti-war wagon at it's best. Any band that gets that ridiculously political WILL get haters. It's annoying. And then it seemed like they loved getting political and edgy so they repeated the formula and took ti even deeper on that second rock-opera album of theirs, 21st Century Breakdown. And what's even worst? The songs got broadway-style! They tried to incorporate theatrical and opera-music influences into rock and I hate that. 21st Century Breakdown's music video is political all the way, 'cause they think it's "cool" to be. It makes them "rebels". Add that to that horrible song that seems so unnatural and so stitched together to try their best to be 'epic' and you get what you see. Plus, the album's a freakin' story. It's divided into three acts: "Heroes and Cons", "Charlatans and Saints", and "Horseshoes and Handgrenades". That is so gay and unnecessary. It screams for attention and for critical acclaim so much... The whole theme of "OMG it's a couple trying to survive the Bush administration!"... gimme a break. That's for 13-year old girls.

That and 21st Century Breakdown is a RIP OFF of Foxy On The Run.

http://greendayfullhouse.ytmnd.com/

I don't like Pop Punk.

Bands like Green Day, Blink 182, Fall Out Boy, etc, never appealed to me.

Same. I've got no problem with pop or punk, but putting the two together is just a slap in the face to punk. I'm not even that much a fan of punk but to me Green Day just seems to be the antithesis of punk. Like Matt Sorum said, it's sad that Billie Joe apologised aft the IHeartRadio thing, since it was prob the most punk thing he'd done.