Should they stop making Superhero movies now?

wasted

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind them doing graphic novels. Watchmen was a bit more interesting. I guess its just Marvel. I love their logo though.

Its just hard to focus on one, and they are all so boring.

I just feel they done enough of them. I guess theyllfinish the Avengers 3.

have they done The Punisher or The Preacher.

Or you know just don't go watch em. I've dodged the bullet that is The Smurfs and The Smurfs 2 this way.

Of all the 80s things that have been turned into movies, I'm surprised there was never a Thundercats or a Jem film.

They did re-boot if that's the right word Thundercats into a TV show again. It's pretty good.

lol @ anybody saying "they never should have happened" "i was never into comic books" yeah well then clearly you weren't the target audience, now GTFO

I really liked the first 2 Spiderman movies, I thought the first couple of X Men movies we're cool, and that's all Marvel really did anything worth while with. Everything else they've done has been pretty bad. The Hulk movies sucked ass, Daredevil was meh, Fanstastic 4 was total shit, Thor sucked, Captain America was mediocre, Iron Man is overrated as fuck, the Avengers was fun but not really a great movie by any stretch. These characters just don't carry over to the big screen very well, Spiderman is the only Marvel hero who does imo because there's so much more depth to his story and the character itself is actually someone people can relate with.

With DC the only homeruns have been the Nolan Batman series and the Watchmen. The Green Lantern was lol, Superman Returns was a cruel lullaby. I still need to see Man of Steel though, I've heard good things about it but I can't really comment.

Basically I think most superhero movies have been insincere cash grabs, but Batman, Spiderman, and the Watchmen have produced some genuine quality cinema. Should they stop making them? Nah. Kids love em and kids don't read comic books anymore so this is all they'll ever know of these characters. Nobody is forcing me to go out and watch them all so fuck it, keep em coming.

Edited by sweetness

lol @ anybody saying "they never should have happened" "i was never into comic books" yeah well then clearly you weren't the target audience, now GTFO

I really liked the first 2 Spiderman movies, I thought the first couple of X Men movies we're cool, and that's all Marvel really did anything worth while with. Everything else they've done has been pretty bad. The Hulk movies sucked ass, Daredevil was meh, Fanstastic 4 was total shit, Thor sucked, Captain America was mediocre, Iron Man is overrated as fuck, the Avengers was fun but not really a great movie by any stretch. These characters just don't carry over to the big screen very well, Spiderman is the only Marvel hero who does imo because there's so much more depth to his story and the character itself is actually someone people can relate with.

With DC the only homeruns have been the Nolan Batman series and the Watchmen. The Green Lantern was lol, Superman Returns was a cruel lullaby. I still need to see Man of Steel though, I've heard good things about it but I can't really comment.

Basically I think most superhero movies have been insincere cash grabs, but Batman, Spiderman, and the Watchmen have produced some genuine quality cinema. Should they stop making them? Nah. Kids love em and kids don't read comic books anymore so this is all they'll ever know of these characters. Nobody is forcing me to go out and watch them all so fuck it, keep em coming.

Anything that's been franchised has the potential to go wrong, I could be talking about Superman, James Bond, or even McDonald's.

The comic book characters have a variety of storylines to work with. I just think in Superman's case, they should have carried Smallville to the big screen for a movie or two, and then rebooted the franchise. Some of the Superman fanatics disagreed with it, but I just see it like Star Trek Next Gen and those movies being made, then went with the origin of Kirk & Spock at Starfleet.

Star Wars universe - should be interesting if they're able to make a movie or series out of Boba Fett or Han Solo. Maybe it should be TV series for one, animated series for the other, but a galactic smuggler & bounty hunter movie could be good..or really cheesy (not as cheesy as the Xmas special though).

Not going to see them wont stop them being made. Im trying to avert cultural apocalypse. Whichever studio execs are pushing this needs an intervention.

Its probably gonna take more than a thread in mygnrforum.
im texting obama. We can stop this.

The comic book characters have a variety of storylines to work with. I just think in Superman's case, they should have carried Smallville to the big screen for a movie or two, and then rebooted the franchise.

Honestly, the show Smallville exhausted the notion of watching the dude not being Superman. Their whole credo of "no flights, no tights" got old a few season in...

Thats the final evolution. Stay true to the comics? peter parker was meant to be a pimp. Id watch a batman movie where he just around beating up bad guys. Not having to wait half a movie before he suits up. Your batman, leave the batcave!

Thats the final evolution. Stay true to the comics? peter parker was meant to be a pimp. Id watch a batman movie where he just around beating up bad guys. Not having to wait half a movie before he suits up. Your batman, leave the batcave!

Do Spiderman, Batman and Superman really need origin stories anymore? Who doesn't know their story?

I'd like to see an R rated Spiderman+Deadpool comedy/action flick, based not on the comics but on the memes.

avengers 3 is going to be the infinty gauntlet story, at least it looks that way. It will be the perfect climax and end to the avengers saga. No where to really go after that. And the guantlet story for those that don't know is fricking epic. IMO its the best super hero story line ever told. It makes all of batman and superman's adventures look like cub scouts.

As far as the individual series like iron man and others. Ya I think Iron mans stand alone movies need to be done with, save him for avengers. But thor, cap, and guardians are going to be tie ins for avengers 2, that makes them worth the price of admission imo. I'm not really sure what the tie in films for avengers 3 will be, maybe a new hulk movie? Ant man? dr. strange? But I promise all of you this avengers saga which includes all the iron man, hulk, thor, and other films, by the time avengers 3 rolls around is going to be fucking epic. If done right it might make lotr and star wars seem like cartoons by comparision. And I say that as a fan of all franchises.

Do Spiderman, Batman and Superman really need origin stories anymore? Who doesn't know their story?

I'd like to see an R rated Spiderman+Deadpool comedy/action flick, based not on the comics but on the memes.

be cool to see a movie version of this