Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

Was it Bumble that said this song has an "earthy" feel? I can see what he means, the song is very "grounded", like raw and "organic" sounding, although the raw part I'm assuming is partially because of the rough mix. If we ever hear other songs, like the main ones with Axl on vocals I hope they are like this in way that it doesn't sound too overproduced. That's one issue I had with CD.

I feel like this is the song for people who never liked the way the new band went. there's no real overdone production here, the song isnt too long. Good solo. Its got the classic rock sound of yore. I am really liking it a lot.

I really think it could help renew some interest in the band if it got released. Its catchy as hell.

it needs a dirty and ratty hard rock solo by slash. god that'd be incredible to hear someone should add a solo of slashs to the song....phrozen inferno it? lol

no, solo is fine, it needs a better rest of the song attached to it

it needs a dirty and ratty hard rock solo by slash. god that'd be incredible to hear someone should add a solo of slashs to the song....phrozen inferno it? lol

Slash never sounded like Ratt. GN'R was completely different than all the 80's Sunset Strip bands. :max:

I understand why some people find Axl's backing vocals a little out of place, I did myself at first, but now I love them! I do have a soft spot for pretty much everything Axl does (that actually gets released), but his vocals add a nice layer of depth to the track. Obviously it isn't a final mix, but the line from 1:05-1:10 (Nothing's ever good enough for you), with the blend of Tommy and Axl's voices, sounds exquisite.

Loving this song.

If I've listened to the right song, it is absolutely ridiculous, catastrophic and disappointing as for a GNR song.

Then I dont think you did rock3

well, i've listened to the right song and I share todo poderoso timao's sentiments. worst GNR song ever (my world, better gone, blood in the water excluded)

If I've listened to the right song, it is absolutely ridiculous, catastrophic and disappointing as for a GNR song.

Then I dont think you did rock3

well, i've listened to the right song and I share todo poderoso timao's sentiments. worst GNR song ever (my world, better gone, blood in the water excluded)

In other words - not the worst GN'R song ever.

It feels like an average Village Gorilla Head demo that got abused and taken to another level below.

Fixed

OK. third worst gnr song ever. how's that?

I'm not being negative. I've stood by the new band since I've heard OMG back in 2001. never wanted a reunion and think CD is a good album. but this song is bad on so many levels I can't even begin to describe.

Edited by the rush

This is a good song, not amazing but it certainly is a solid rock song. To say its shit is just stupid.

I really like it tbh.

This might not be shit for a person who listens to this type of music. but with all the if the worlds and madagascars this is the least GNR sounding song they ever did and i'd never listen to GNR if they made this type of music. This has tommy stinson solo project written all over it and has nothing to do with GNR sound/song structure/edge. I've been a fan since forever. love each album from AFD to CD but if this is the new direction the band is taking, then in my view RIP GNR 1987-2008

Edited by the rush

It does sound more like a Tommy song to be fair. I also get a definite "Dead Flowers" vibe as well, when Axl did the same for Gilby. I seem to get emotional when I listen to this song, does anyone else get the feeling or vibe of a "goodbye" message, or a "this is coming to and end" feel to the song. Very sad...

It does sound more like a Tommy song to be fair. I also get a definite "Dead Flowers" vibe as well, when Axl did the same for Gilby. I seem to get emotional when I listen to this song, does anyone else get the feeling or vibe of a "goodbye" message, or a "this is coming to and end" feel to the song. Very sad...

It's a cheesy song reminiscent of the theme song from Friends. If this is ever put out under the GNR banner Axl will have taken the brand to a new low.