Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

there was GNR before Slash , Duff , and Steven

Yea?

Not in the eyes of the real world.

No no, you're wrong, there were others guys in the band for.. like, 4 or 5 months, and the band was just as good, if not better, than the band who made AFD.

(sarcasm)

my god

no one mentions Traci ......................fools

where the fuck do you think the name Guns N Roses came from?

it's not called Snakes N Roses or Rose's Snakepit

how many songs on Appetite were mostly written BEFORE slash/duff/steven ?

the "real world" is not aware of most of that and obviously neither are you

If only you people could have been there for the 3 rehearsals and 1 birthday party Rob Gardner and Olé played at. Sheer magic.

morons

So i was naughty and sent the links into our local rock radio station here. To my suprise they played all 3 in a row..... the feedback has been great for all 3.

To my suprise the one with the best feedback out of the lot was Better from DJ Ashba

I don't believe you

You can't be serious.

Shirley

I said this before but the song style is almost identical to Dead Flowers on Gilbys album. The way in which Axl uses a HIGH voice, and how his vocals are slightly lower in the mix compared to Gilby (in this case Tommy). That's why I'm surprised that this is a GN'R song, as it sounds like Axl guesting on Tommys album much like he did for Gilby.

My thoughts exactly, it reminds me of Dead Flowers a lot.

It's a nice song overall, a bit minimalist and too generic, definitely not worth the wait and anticipation but still enjoyable. It would be cool as a b-side or bonus track.

"Too generic" -- I see nothing generic about the song. I think most listening close enough to hear the "generic rock" rhythm will also hear the nuances which make the song both accessible and good. I think it gives a nod to the past and brings its best qualities up to date.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven all have played together before the name Guns N Roses even existed, not at the same time, but Axl sang with Slash and Steven, Slash and Izzy played together, ect. In that period players were changing band all the time. We can say it was circumstances that Slash and Steven joined GNR, it really could have been Axl and Izzy joining Slash.. doesn't matter one bit.

AFD, Lies, UYI 1, UYI 2, all these albums contains Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff. This is GNR, the real band that created those great album. Nobody give a fuck about Ole or tracci or whatever their name is.

This!

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven all have played together before the name Guns N Roses even existed, not at the same time, but Axl sang with Slash and Steven, Slash and Izzy played together, ect. In that period players were changing band all the time. We can say it was circumstances that Slash and Steven joined GNR, it really could have been Axl and Izzy joining Slash.. doesn't matter one bit.

AFD, Lies, UYI 1, UYI 2, all these albums contains Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff. This is GNR, the real band that created those great album. Nobody give a fuck about Ole or tracci or whatever their name is.

What was the name of the band that Axl, Traci and Izzy started then?

B- song at best, but still nice to hear something new. Anyone who thinks this is a "radio hit" is deluded though. Not saying it needs to be radio friendly to be a good song, I'm just pointing out I cannot see any radio station playing this.

it's a pretty generic rocksong, so if they release it, then i see some stations played it

othe main problem is, Tommy on vocals, not Axl so this could maybe a problem in this situation

Edited by Crash Diet

not gonna argue but there WAS and WILL be

you obviously haven't followed GNR since the BEGINNING

Yes, actually I have and I was about 12 when they first made it...I'm guessing you may have not been born yet. If you want to call LA Guns or Hollywood Rose, Guns N' Roses, you're wrong...as well as considering the brief collaboration of the two bands (under the name Guns N' Roses) for maybe 2 or 3 shows and a month or two, as Guns N' Roses, you're wrong, again. That wasn't Guns N' Roses.

Edited by Kasanova King

The name is Guns N' Roses. Why are you asking this?

To cupcake you.

Because from your post it seemed you wouldn't acknowledge that Guns N' Roses existed before the AFD lineup.

Because from your post it seemed you wouldn't acknowledge that Guns N' Roses existed before the AFD lineup.

They really didn't. If anything, it was a 2 show/2 month collaboration between LA Guns and Hollywood Rose. They happened to come up with the name, "Guns N' Roses" during that time period but nothing came out of that collaboration. And really, it started with the Live Like A Suicide lineup.

Edited by Kasanova King