Band/Management Personal Info - Don't post this

highvoltage

A member of the band once told me about mygnr that the cupcakes run this place and the worst part of it is that good people here don't do nothing to stop it/them... so maybe this is beta's and gnr opinion on mygnr and that's why she is calling the mods assholes...because they do nothing!

what did u guys do when ron was attacked last time he was here ? what do u guys do when people post very stupid and hurtfull stuff about the band ,band members or managers ? Im not defending what she said, she was wrong in saying it but she said it in a pm , and maybe she said it cuz gnr is tired of mygnr trolling. We have the biggest gnr community and we could have band members here talking to us on a regular basis but instead we have vincent vega, bba and crew running around kicking ass.

I agree to a certain point but Subs and HV have been addressing this with the recent board changes. All forums attract cupcakes, I am a member of one of a site called Mumsnet which is one of the biggest and influential UK sites (big enough for the PM to do a Q&A there) but it is rampant with cupcakes, they can only do a limited amount about it.

If I was GnR I would be more concerned about the amount of previously hard core, defensive fans who have slowly been doing an about face over the last six months or so. I've even seen Volcano have the odd wobble. This should tell them something but I really don't think they want the kind of diehard fans that reside here.

I'm not going to have a dig at the mods but I can see both points of view.

The mods here want a busy lively fan forum, and there's a lot of hate right now, so they don't censor threads, create an attitude section - trying to please all the fans of old guns, new guns, fanboys and the stressed out/fed up/pissed off fans.

Now, this where management will think you guys are the assholes, they will prefer the jarmo point of view, deleting slating threads and any thread to do with leaks - even discussion.

The only way this forum can have any sort of management/band interaction is to censor/ban/delete any harsh comments/users. Obviously, it would be a lot quieter around here. Or we can stay the same and have a busy forum and be hated by the band. :question:

Why does she talk as if she is the leader of the band? This is what I find infuriating. Not to mention childish. It's like she's saying she has control over Axl. What happens if he wants to release an album?

I suspect whatever relationship they have it's unhealthy.

You know the one thing beta has said to me in person? "I always kick Axl's ass". She was joking, as axl said it on stage.... but maybe it wasn't a joke. ;)

I agree to a certain point but Subs and HV have been addressing this with the recent board changes. All forums attract cupcakes [...]

Yes, the recent changes by HV and Subsy have been great, but perhaps too little too late? I mean, the Attitude section could be perceived as actively accommodating cupcakes by giving them a section where even more abusive posts towards the band and management is allowed. But again, the main point here is that IF the text is from Beta, then she is both unprofessional and petty, and calling HV and Subsy for assholes is absolutely uncalled for, unless she knows more than what I do.

Apart from Jarmo's personal perks they don't seem to give a shit about htgth either. It doesn't get exclusive interviews or chats either as far as I am aware.

Good points, however I am certain GnR foot the bill to run HTGTH hence the lack of advertising, donations etc. Axl likes people that kiss his ass and do the things he wants.

Apart from Jarmo's personal perks they don't seem to give a shit about htgth either. It doesn't get exclusive interviews or chats either as far as I am aware.

Yes. They don't even give two shits about their own forum (Nightrain) or that Paradise City thingy, either. I think they are completely oblivious to my own site, too, I hope that continues :D

Yes. They don't even give two shits about their own forum (Nightrain) or that Paradise City thingy, either. I think they are completely oblivious to my own site, too, I hope that continues :D

Maybe you should be thankful for that!

I wouldn't be surprised if they foot the bill at htgth but why not utilise it. Seems weird as it would be the ideal place for non controversial chats etc..

that's probably why he doesn't ask for it, because he's in there and he's living the fans dream (and good on him) however he probably know's that it would be a waste of time asking, because deep down I think we all know GNR don't do message forums. Axl is old school anyway, it's not as if he is tweeting everyday or anything, social media just isn't in his nature.

Maybe you should be thankful for that!

I wouldn't be surprised if they foot the bill at htgth but why not utilise it. Seems weird as it would be the ideal place for non controversial chats etc..

I think they would prefer a site that is made by themselves, not take over a fan forum. So they sort of make a half-assed attempt at that, but fail.

Edited by SoulMonster

that's probably why he doesn't ask for it, because he's in there and he's living the fans dream (and good on him) however he probably know's that it would be a waste of time asking, because deep down I think we all know GNR don't do message forums. Axl is old school anyway, it's not as if he is tweeting everyday or anything, social media just isn't in his nature.

Even Ron and DJ don't bother though and they are both avid users of technology.

Even Ron and DJ don't bother though and they are both avid users of technology.

True, I remember Ron saying that the forums are for the fans and he doesn't want to mixed up in it.

Part of me also thinks, everyone is equal on a forum, you meet the band at a show, you have to get passes to see them. If you hang out by the back of the venue there are fences and security in place. I think they are more comfortable being the people in charge and looked up to - where as anyone can say anything to them on a forum and they can't stop it. Posting on a forum takes there celebrity status away, and they're just another user. I also think that Axl shows up late, so the crowd are waiting on him, sort of a power thing flexing his muscle so to speak!

Edited by Axl_morris

You guys wonder why the relationship with the band / management is difficult?

Have you seen the torrent of insults they get from this place?

Supposedly the new rules would prevent that - still waiting to see it happen.

I'm not saying everything is great with the band but I've never seen so much hate and insults coming from 'fans' - do you really think this is helping?

Maybe they had plans for those songs and now they have to change them because a few people stole them away...

You guys say you want to get closer to management, yet you keep authorizing people to antagonize them.

The forum has (almost) always been run the same way: people get to express their opinions openly. I never said we would ever compromise that principle, and we never will.

In my view, this makes the atmosphere here an honest, true reflection of the (Internet) fanbase and the way they feel about the current band and management. If you have a positive view, then you also have the opportunity to have it heard - that's how it works here.

Axl_morris, on 22 Aug 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Now, this where management will think you guys are the assholes, they will prefer the jarmo point of view, deleting slating threads and any thread to do with leaks - even discussion.

The only way this forum can have any sort of management/band interaction is to censor/ban/delete any harsh comments/users. Obviously, it would be a lot quieter around here. Or we can stay the same and have a busy forum and be hated by the band. :question:

Ah, but why is this even so? It's an unreasonable stand for them to take as far as I'm concerned.

Look at the reaction once people heard Going Down - the fans here aren't inherently negative, they're just starved and desperate for same thing that everyone wants. This is the only reason there are so many people bashing the band and management.

Maybe there wouldn't even BE a reason for us to censor people for them if they could try and understand one thing:

The GN'R camp need to realise that ALL fans want is new music from a band they LOVE.

Thanks for typing it out for me.

• Like 3

Who knew back in 96 when Axl recreated Guns N' Roses it was to reap all of that nostalgic money. Nice long term goal Axl. You're essentially Mini-Kiss.

KISS has released two excellent albums since 2008, has changed it's setlist, stage, has released numerous products including live DVDs, compilations, merch etc, and treat their fans the way they should be treated. Of all bands I love, I am fulfilled as a KISS fan more so than any other band. If I wanted to buy something related to KISS, even music-wise, that I don't have or haven't heard yet, I can. I always can. With GnR, I'm bored beyond words.

If they treat the fans the way they should be treated, they wouldn't have pulled that disgusting Tommy Thayer move.

Who knew back in 96 when Axl recreated Guns N' Roses it was to reap all of that nostalgic money. Nice long term goal Axl. You're essentially Mini-Kiss.

KISS has released two excellent albums since 2008, has changed it's setlist, stage, has released numerous products including live DVDs, compilations, merch etc, and treat their fans the way they should be treated. Of all bands I love, I am fulfilled as a KISS fan more so than any other band. If I wanted to buy something related to KISS, even music-wise, that I don't have or haven't heard yet, I can. I always can. With GnR, I'm bored beyond words.

If they treat the fans the way they should be treated, they wouldn't have pulled that disgusting Tommy Thayer move.

To clarify. I said Mini Kiss

This!

I have met Beta a few times and yes she was a nice woman. The problem is that she changed a lot. From her latest action, she's not the woman I used to respect. She tried to control fans and she got a few people mad because of a lot of reasons.

She have to understand something. Yes GN'R is a band but at the same time, it's a business. If you don't respect your fans, they won't respect you. Don't get me wrong, I don't like to see this being post on the web, but she kinda caused all this.

• Like 1

They really just don't do themselves any favours do they? :lol:

You really have to put some effort in to concoct a situation this pathetic.

I've said it before. Imagine if they put as much effort into putting this music out as they do keeping it from the fans...

In my view, this makes the atmosphere here an honest, true reflection of the (Internet) fanbase and the way they feel about the current band and management. If you have a positive view, then you also have the opportunity to have it heard - that's how it works here.

But it doesn't work that way. You end up with some forums attracting positive fans and some forums attracting negative fans. As admins it is your decisions what fans you would cater to. If you allow people to unreasonably attack and bash the band and management, then that sends a strong signal about what you want with the place, and you end up attracting those kinds of fans. If you believed that by allowing every opinion to ne boived you would end up with a forum conveying the average opinion, you are wrong. You end up with those fans who are banned elsewher, those cupcake who come just for the shits and giggles, and so on.

Maybe there wouldn't even BE a reason for us to censor people for them if they could try and understand one thing:

The GN'R camp need to realise that ALL fans want is new music from a band they LOVE.

Thanks for typing it out for me.

Why then are there numerous members here who have consistently said they DON'T want a new album by this band and rather just want the band to throw in the towel? Where does they fit in your equation?

I agree with your overall argument that a large part of the fanbase will be very positive if something positive happens, but don't pretend like this encompass everyone here and like these rotten apples haven't been instrumental in maintaining the strained relationship between not only this forum and GN'R but the whole Internet fanbase and the band.

You can't post people's personal info on the net without their permission. Its very wrong on several levels.

I used to moderate a board where people would lose an argument over stupid shit, and retaliate by posting that guy's personal info. Its childish and wrong.

A member of the band once told me about mygnr that the cupcakes run this place and the worst part of it is that good people here don't do nothing to stop it/them... so maybe this is beta's and gnr opinion on mygnr and that's why she is calling the mods assholes...because they do nothing!

what did u guys do when ron was attacked last time he was here ? what do u guys do when people post very stupid and hurtfull stuff about the band ,band members or managers ? Im not defending what she said, she was wrong in saying it but she said it in a pm , and maybe she said it cuz gnr is tired of mygnr trolling. We have the biggest gnr community and we could have band members here talking to us on a regular basis but instead we have vincent vega, bba and crew running around kicking ass.

What does it say when the biggest GNR forum turns against the band it's dedicated to? Why is that the fault of the fans? Don't twist it around, I've been here a long time and have seen a lot of ups and downs. When the band is succeeding and doing well, the posters here are VERY supportive. Why do you think this was the first forum Axl came to when be chatted as part of the "monumental promotion"? Because we're all dipshits? No, because its a large diverse community whose members come here day after day to talk about their favorite band and help keep this nostalgia act alive. That's important, whether they like it or not. But we're not blind followers, and if the band or management does something we disagree with, thankfully we have the right to express it here. If allowing freedom of speech makes the admins here assholes, I think that's brilliant. They don't approve of this forum? Then don't fuckin look at it.

Dude im all in favor of freedom of speech and im the first guy to criticize axl and/or any gnr member when they say or do something i don't like...BUT have u seen the stuff people said to bbf last year ? or some of things some of us in here post in regards to the band, the band management and band members ? I mean... if i go to obama's face and tell him to fuck off ...am i exercising the freedom of speech right ?

Edited by kanudo19