Is Sailing GNR's best cover?

ManetsBR

That Sailing performance was EPIC and I'm convinced one of those once in a life things...so not really sure about wanting to hear it again. Axl simply can't even go near that level anymore.

It's just like this Nice Boys performance back in '10 with Duff, which was also EPIC and unrepeatable.

The top end of his range wasn't very raspy during Sailing, so I think he could do it if he's warmed up properly/on a good day. Realistically I don't think he'd be able to keep it in the set-list, but they could definitely record it, and if we're really lucky, release it eventually.

Edited by MrSoftie
  • Like 1

That Sailing performance was EPIC and I'm convinced one of those once in a life things...so not really sure about wanting to hear it again. Axl simply can't even go near that level anymore.

It's just like this Nice Boys performance back in '10 with Duff, which was also EPIC and unrepeatable.

forgt about that one. this nice boys is beter imo than any one he's ever done.

Watching that clip from Nice Boys is indeed epic. I've never seen it. Axl sounds fantastic. I wonder if Duff being there had anything to do with that, although maybe not because I know people have said he sounded good vocally in 2010.

Its kind of sad watching that clip. Just watching him up there with Duff shows how actually incredible it would be for the original band to reunite. Especially with Axl in that condition, I don't know how someone could watch a concert and not tear up seeing him and Slash together again.

That is Epic.

entire O2 14/10/10 is epic

That is Epic.

I'd love a sbd of this show, this is def. my fave performance of Nice Boys

agreed

That Nice boys is my fav cover

Live and Let Die

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Mama Kin

Short answer: nope.

It's different when it's a one-off, for sure. Makes it special. I saw Bruce and the E Street Band throw together Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher in Philly in 09. It was magical to be there. But that's definitely not even close to being Bruce's best cover in general.

I WAS THERE :D

However, I don't think he'd be able to pull it off now as good as he did then. That performance alone is one of the best things he has done, so much control and so much pitch.

ME TOO :D

It was def. the best Guns cover, but unless Axl works with a vocal coach to get his 2006-2010 rasp back (the one that showed up a bit during MTL 2013), then nah, it wouldn't sound the same.

• 1 year later...