Comedy Central Roast of Axl Rose

Locke

Did you hear the one about the biggest rock star on the planet who went from being surrounded by supermodels and selling out stadiums, to living with a Brazilian nanny he calls mother, surrounded by cats and cake, rocking bar mitzvahs?

There isn't a punchline, that's the joke.

Ladies & Gentlemen, have a good one.

*Walks off*

• 6 months later...

Uh, I don't mean to be like the guy who spoils it for you, but... the entire point of a roast is that the person who's being roasted knows what's coming. It's not a "surprise" as you guys seem to think.

Obviously. We're discussing what would happen once he got under fire. Would he be able to stay and laugh or would he walk out and have the roast cancelled

Uh, I don't mean to be like the guy who spoils it for you, but... the entire point of a roast is that the person who's being roasted knows what's coming. It's not a "surprise" as you guys seem to think.

Obviously. We're discussing what would happen once he got under fire. Would he be able to stay and laugh or would he walk out and have the roast cancelled

Uhh, yeah. About that. If he agreed to the roast in the first place, he's not going to "walk out" or "have the roast cancelled." Enjoy your fantasy though. Carry on.

Uhh, yeah. About that. If he agreed to the roast in the first place, he's not going to "walk out" or "have the roast cancelled." Enjoy your fantasy though. Carry on.

wouldnt be the first time now would it?

After serving as the host for last week's Zakk Wylde roast, Sharon Osbourne was asked which metal figure she'd like to roast next. "I think Axl Rose, and I’m the woman to fuck him," she told Rolling Stone.

I don't know if Axl would be game, but it would be cool if he let his guard down and allowed his rock peers have some fun at his expense. In old lineup news, Duff was one of the roasters for Wylde. My apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/zakk-wylde-roasted-by-corey-taylor-and-sharon-osbourne-20120120

Sharon would be a great host for an Axl roast, she'd be one of the few people that wouldn't fear Axl's reaction. :lol:

I think Axl has a pretty good sense of humour. To be honest, I think he'd handle it fine - he's mellowed with age.

He seems to have a sense of humor about himself only when he's the one making the jokes. Can you point to anything that shows he has a sense of humor when others are making the jokes? Genuine question. I can't think of even one instance, but maybe I'm forgetting something.

• Like 1

I think Axl has a pretty good sense of humour. To be honest, I think he'd handle it fine - he's mellowed with age.

He seems to have a sense of humor about himself only when he's the one making the jokes. Can you point to anything that shows he has a sense of humor when others are making the jokes? Genuine question. I can't think of even one instance, but maybe I'm forgetting something.

I bet you're right on this. I know of a lot of people in my personal life who are that way. I never really thought that Axl might be that way til you mentioned it.

The ultimate would be to have Slash walk on at the very end. There's one "joke" I don't think Axl could handle.

But I could see someone like Jimmy Kimmel dress up as Slash and make jokes about Axl.

I'm of the opinion this would be the most rock n' roll thing Axl could do nowadays.

• Like 1