Bumblefoot showing new Gn'R song ideas

Bruno P.

Well i taped those videos. Ron said afterwards that:

- there's no plan for a new Guns n' Roses album but he knows that people wanna hear new music

- "Argentinian Tango" could be that kind of epic song you could find on "Use Your Illusion" people love to hear.

- If his ideas are not selected by AXL, he'll find a way to release them somehow on a solo record ! :headbang:

Thanks so much for sharing these videos online. If you'd like a link to credit the source edited into the post, let me know. :)

- there's no plan for a new Guns n' Roses album but he knows that people wanna hear new music

- "Argentinian Tango" could be that kind of epic song you could find on "Use Your Illusion" people love to hear.

- If his ideas are not selected by AXL, he'll find a way to release them somehow on a solo record ! :headbang:

Thanks so much for sharing these videos online. If you'd like a link to credit the source edited into the post, let me know. :)

That's ok man, don't worry, hope you guys enjoyed ! ;)

be that as it may that Axl and crew have no plans for another album. What the fuck is with that organization? You get the band together with an inspired singer and that shit could fly...if GNR was stalling out my career Id fucking lose my mind. The band is talented so it has to be the lack of inspiration or the drama that Axl ensues.

You take a motivated singer and put in front of these guys at a jam session and even thier rehearsal numbers in the raw would blow the doors off of most established bands. At this point I feel thats justice to the band as a unit. I never associate theses guys as GNR anyway because they really havent moved the marker forward, they havent moved(been allowed) the chains with an established sound of thier own... all they largely have done is live in the shadows of what was and will never be again.

There comes a time when you hear things like this vid does and you cant make any more excuses , yu cant lie to yourself nor can you really truelly give Axl the benifit of the doubt. If finding 15 new songs is akin to climbing Mt Everest then how do you wrap your head around keeping the machine alive? If there is no motivation or even a kiss on the lips from Axls muse to get it together...then I ask: What is the POINT of keeping GNR alive?

I think BBF's been left out of the loop while DJ buddies up to Axl. From Sep '11 (before Rio):

In latest Sweden Rock magazine, Bach reveals that Axl was to sing on his latest album "Kicking and screaming", but had to cancel it in the last minute. Axl texted Bach and asked "When is the latest possibility to come over and do the vocals". The day came and went but Axl couldnt make it. No hard feelings from Bach though, who also heard a new song that DJ and Axl had written together - it was dark and heavy and very cool - Bach then told the reporter (jokingly?) "If Axls not going to release I want to release it with my band!, its so damn good!"

It's great that he has ideas and Ron is great for sharing them. But somehow, I doubt they'd get recorded any time soon, let alone release. Which is absolutely not Ron's fault!

Somehow it's even more frustrating. The band is willing and eager and creative. That certainly isn't the problem.

• Like 1

WOW I really like that Argentinian tango..start at 2.23 and play it loud and imagine Axl singing it...sounds GnR :headbang:

Gotta say but that part gave me goosebumps..This guy can really write some good stuff...I'm pleasantly surprised :shades:

This kind of melody is what I want to be in the next GnR record..Heavier and darker than CD..

Edited by gunnari

It would be a shame for some of this stuff to end up as BBF solo, not because there is anything wrong with that but because putting it out under the GnR banner means it will be heard by a much wider audience. I often wonder how many amazing songs have been created that I have never heard just because an artist or band has never made it big. Success in the music business can be based on so many fickle things that aren't always about the music. One of my favourite cds, which I listen to almost non stop in my car, is my son's guitar tutor's band. It's utterly brilliant imo but as far as I know you can only buy it at one of their bar gigs or via the band members. As great as they are they are unlikely to 'make it' because hard rock and metal is so niche these days. *big sigh*

• Like 1

I think BBF's been left out of the loop while DJ buddies up to Axl. From Sep '11 (before Rio):

In latest Sweden Rock magazine, Bach reveals that Axl was to sing on his latest album "Kicking and screaming", but had to cancel it in the last minute. Axl texted Bach and asked "When is the latest possibility to come over and do the vocals". The day came and went but Axl couldnt make it. No hard feelings from Bach though, who also heard a new song that DJ and Axl had written together - it was dark and heavy and very cool - Bach then told the reporter (jokingly?) "If Axls not going to release I want to release it with my band!, its so damn good!"

Sweet, more doom metal.

Thank you so much! I didnt realize that a MyGnR member taped those, otherwise I'd give ya credit. :)

I might hate myself in the morning for saying this, but Argentinian Tango makes me wish Axl would get off his fat ass and make some songs with BBF.

WTF is the world coming to?

Don't hate yourself for thinking that, I'm listening to it as I type, and as a basis for a song, it's not bad at all. could turn into a zeppelin/classic rock vibey epic mayhaps, or a 1999 industrial nuGNR or whatever. solid stuff.

Aregetina Tango would work as a gnr song imo. It has an epic feel to it. Fuck I already like it better than riad and scraped, and some how they made it onto a gnr album.

Good work BBF, you really are the only positive thing going for this band.

Axl just let the man write the next album, it sure as hell is a lot better than the nothing we got coming out.